Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: Wizard Duel 4 - Duel 7 - Game over! All Hail Criptfeind!  (Read 50927 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Signups open
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 07:09:05 pm »

In.  Incidentally, I don't think the rules are flawed - it's just that the mafia fundamentally has an advantage in this game (Wizard Duel 1 was only so close because of the grey mage).  I guess it'd make sense to weaken them slightly or have multiple scumteams (dum dum dum).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:19 pm »

They got weakened considerably between 2 and 3. The scum team in 3 just managed to out-play everyone using their abilities. So I may not change anything for this round to see if there is still a misbalance between Tower and Cabal or if things are generally fair and just up to player ability.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 01:32:09 am »

Hmm... after reading Round 3, I've decided I'll get in this one. I think I think I've got the hang of the rules... though the combat itself seems tough to strategize for and use as a metric, unless you're Cabal.

Nevertheless, it should be interesting!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 03:03:04 pm »

In

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:02 pm »

In.  Incidentally, I don't think the rules are flawed - it's just that the mafia fundamentally has an advantage in this game (Wizard Duel 1 was only so close because of the grey mage).  I guess it'd make sense to weaken them slightly or have multiple scumteams (dum dum dum).
heh i remember that

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 04:19:52 pm »

Hey, Meph, can I get a hat that says WIZZARD on it? ...perhaps one that doesn't try to eat my head?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »

A lack of head-eating attributes on hats cannot be guaranteed at this time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 01:49:52 pm »

I'm going to get this set up and started later today. So, sign-ups are open until ~5pm Pacific, at which point I'll close the signups, do the role write-ups, and get the game started.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »

Opening

The High Mage is dead, and he leaves behind him the great Sapphire Throne. This mystic artifact binds all Wizards in the realm to his rule, effectively granting him sovereignty over the Wizards of the land and with them most of the practical power of the land.

As tradition dictates the next High Mage shall be chosen by right of combat in a grand Tournament. Twelve Wizards have been selected to compete in this tournament. They will use both their skill with magic and their skill with words to win the day.

Dark rumors persist, however, of a Cabal of Wizards using forbidden magic to rig the Tournament in their favour. Watch well for such tampering, for scum such as that cannot be trusted to play fairly.

Day 1's Vote Phase has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Thursday.

Reminder: You must send me your Elemental Affinity (Air/Water/Fire/Earth) and the Color of your Runes. Please make sure the Rune Color you choose can be either selected from the Drop-down menu or provided in a BBCode form for me to use. (Like color=#FF0066)

If you have any other attributes you would like to specify (weapon used, clothing style, whatever) let me know that as well. Do note, though, that none of this will effect anything other than the game flavor.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Wizard Duel 4 - Day 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 08:13:12 pm »

I think Org and Jim Groovester should have the honor of being first, having won the previous two rounds.

Toaster and Jokerman-EXE, a question for you.  Which of the Alchemists potions do you think a Cabal Alchemist would most likely pick (and why)?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:53 pm »

Org and JanusTwoFace, you both became High Mages through dubious means.

If you were both Cabal, which you may very well be, would you pick Dark as your affinity? Why or why not?

Also, we should have our own little High Mage party. Just us three. Us winners.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »

If you were both Cabal, which you may very well be, would you pick Dark as your affinity? Why or why not?

No.  My general strategy is to not fight so long as I can avoid it.  Thus a Dark Affinity would just point me out to any Seer that happens to be looking.

Also, we should have our own little High Mage party. Just us three. Us winners.

Ah, but you see the difference is that you and Org merely won.  As the super-powered Cabal Archmage, I DOMINATED... *evil laugh*  (In all seriousness, being that powerful was awesome but I'm glad the rules have been toned back since then.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »

I did not merely win.
I DEVOURED THE SOULS OF MANY WIZARDS IN DARK DUELS FOR THEIR LIVES.
A-hem. I mean, I won alot.

Oh gog no. Never would I take Dark. I don't like it.
Derp herp. I think Janus and Jim should go to duel because I am good and stuff.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 08:43:23 pm »

A victory is hardly a victory if it was automatic. Neither of you can say you pulled victory from the corpses of your naive teammates, at great risk and chance to yourself.

Org, why not? I'm looking for a reason, not that you don't like it.

Oh, and cool. We're all voting each other. Us High Mages. Us winners.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:13 pm »

Hmmm.

Criptfeind and Solifuge, why shouldn't Jim Groovester go into the first round?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43