Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7159 times)

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern (turno uno)
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »

Susan thwacks Daniel on the head with her wooden sword. "You're underage you twit!"
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 07:27:56 pm »

Daniel grunts.

"GET ME A GODDAMN ORANGE SODA THEN!"
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:24 pm »

Susan sits back and starts thumbing through her book while waiting on something to do.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »

Darrell continues to observe in silence as the others debate about what silly name we're going to use.
He casually tosses a knife over Susan towards the dart board.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:26 pm »

Name: Veya Capacrasi
Species: Lizardfolk
Abilities:
- Leap, can jump very far/high.
- Float, can float IN THE AIR for a fair amount of time, depending on grit.
- Bitchslap, call on her YOUNG WOMANLY POWER to bitchslap the opponent, causing stunning and temporary stat decrease. works less well after consecutive hits. Works EXTREMELY well if they enemy is flatfooted.
Profession: Talented Ampersand
Color:Aqua Blue
Appearance: Veya is a youthful lizardkin girl with light blue scales and an ONYX BLACK CLOAK-DRESS WITH SCARLET RED TRIMMINGS OF MENACING DOOM. she has a personality matching said appearel. She is especially bitchy when someone is getting her gender confused.
Bio: legend has it she was born out of a glacier, but that legend is stupid. She just wanders around the world alot with her STUNNING ACROBATICS, which is amazingly conflictive to her GREAT PHYSICAL DEFENCES. She can hit someone with an OKAY amount of force, but is much better dealing PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL PAIN than doing much real damage. She is NEUTURAL not good, not evil CHAOTIC

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

Talented Ampersand

I...was unaware that being an Ampersand had any degree of talent involved.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 10:49:06 pm »

hmmm... maybe this will help you analyze what i'm stating better.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 01:20:58 am »

Name: Godwin
Race: (Very tall) Human
Profession: Pikeman
Color: White or khaki
Description: Tall, blonde, muscular and has stubble.
Background: He is thought to have both a Giant and and a Dwarf in his ancestry due to his size and his early hair growth. These two factors resulted in the army recruiters not believing him when he gave his actual age. He's almost completed his training and has just run away from boot camp. He is a little thick but his instincts for haggling and danger somewhat make up for this.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:54:28 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 01:48:24 am »

You know what, lets justr call ourselves the WARDENS for now, as we agree on that
Wile talking, Asonn attempts to guide darrel's dagger to the bullseye using his wind magic
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 01:54:45 am »

Quickly glares at Asonn for interfering with a game of skill.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 02:30:32 am »

Turn 2 - The Tavern : Part 2 : Return of the Tavern

The barmaid promptly brings Asonn a hearty bowl of DWARVEN STEW. "Put it on my tab" Asonn instructs her, in a manner that he's sure is both SUAVE and MATURE. She rolls her eyes.

Daniel :
"GET ME A GODDAMN ORANGE SODA THEN!"
"Yeh know dern well we git foor things teh drink in here: ale, water, milk, an' more ale. Yeh gots milk. Quitcher bitchin'. Oi, fooking kids." The barmaid turns towards the bar and yells "Urg'sh, ima taken meh break!", and walks out the front door, shaking her head. Vile woman.

Darrell :
You feel the sudden urge to whip one of your knives towards the DARTBOARD.
(1d6 + 3) = 7 The knife flies across the room, in the general direction of the DARTBOARD, before a gust of wind picks it up and jolts it's trajectory. It's hard to make it out from this distance, it looks like you maybe hit double 7. You glare at Asonn in what you hope is a MENACING FASHION.

Asonn : You expend 4 PIZAZZ casting Gentle Breeze to aide your partner in a completely meaningless endeavor. You feel your inner stores of FLASHINESS AND GUSTO depleted to about 3/4 capacity. You convince the others to adopt the title "THE WARDENS" until a better name presents itself, despite it sounding like the name of a COLLEGE SPORTS TEAM.

Susan : You argue, hit your teammate (careful not to really hurt him, of course), and act generally contrary until getting bored and burying your nose in your USEFUL TOME. It contains a full register of the ROYAL DWARVEN ARMS MUSEUM at time of print, as well as an indexed list of other weapons, both exotic and mundane. It's hard to believe there exists an ARTIFACT OF WAR that isn't in this book, given the size of it.

You all unanimously decide that it's about time you stopped DICKING AROUND and decide on a COURSE OF ACTION for the night. The BLOOD STAINED FLOOR and VICTIMIZED PREACHER both sound like suitable adventure hooks for freelancers of your stature, and the BARKEEP is sure to hear lots of RUMOURS in his position. Of course, you could always do SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, or just spend all night DRINKING MILK and ARGUING ABOUT NAMES, like you normally do at these meetings.

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:32:23 am by kinseti »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 02:45:12 am »

Ask the barkeep if he has been having any problems
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 02:55:23 am »

I've amended my character a little bit.
Spoiler: additions (click to show/hide)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 03:47:06 am »

Susan looks up from her book and over at the barkeep. "Hey. Where'd that blood over there come from?" After hearing the answer she turns back to her book and flips to the pages with the runed and magical weapons and tries to figure out the pattern of the runes that gives the weapon it's power.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 09:56:10 am »

Hearing Asonn's and Susan's questions Urgash, Talented Barkeep responds: "Aye, Laddie, ay've a problem." he turns to the barmaid "OYE! WENCH! Ye cannae take yer break 'ntil ye do yer bloody duties! Do yer bloody job an' grab anothe' barrel o' booze from th' back! This 'ould be the fourth time ay've told ye t'night! An' fer Armok's sake, ye know bloody right we 'ave root beer fer the chil'ens. Quit yer lyin' or yer fired ye got that?! I swe'r t' th' gods tha' woman'll be th' end o' me..."

Turning back to The Wardens, Urgash continues, "sorry lads'n'lass, what knowledge was I off'rin'? Ah, the blood. Tha's righ'... Ta be qui'e honest, ah've no idea. It looks a bit fresh; I 'ad to go on home fer a bit last night... Perhaps ye should ask tha' lazy wench upon 'er return. Ye know, ye lads are always such a boon ta these parts. 'elpin the town oot doesn't 'appen much anymore. Rumor has it that a few o' the townsfolks pets 'ave gone missin' lately. Ah've no idea if tha's true or no', wot bein' in this tavern all day with nary a 'elping 'and."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9