Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: You Meet in a Tavern  (Read 7154 times)

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: You Meet in a Tavern
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 06:50:38 pm »

Ignoring the almost unintelligible bartender, suggest that the blood could be from a simple darts accident.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2010, 08:22:08 pm »

"Hrmm...Missing animals? We definately need our own dog for that one. How else are we supposed to find them?" Susan looks to the others.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2010, 08:41:04 pm »

I can find them.
We don't need a dog.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 02:51:37 am »

Turn 3 - We don't need a dog.

Asonn : You and Susan approach the barkeep and inquire about any INTERESTING RUMOURS, a most honoured tradition among SERIOUS ADVENTURE-SEEKERS.

Barkeep : He says that thing he just said.

"Aye, Laddie, ay've a problem." he turns to the barmaid "OYE! WENCH! Ye cannae take yer break 'ntil ye do yer bloody duties! Do yer bloody job an' grab anothe' barrel o' booze from th' back! This 'ould be the fourth time ay've told ye t'night! An' fer Armok's sake, ye know bloody right we 'ave root beer fer the chil'ens."

There is a shrill yell from outside. "OI URGIE! Why yeh gotta be always yellin at meh? Yeh know ima delicate flowah!" There are loud sobs and the sound of a very fat woman cantering away. You get the faintest impression there could be a ROMANTIC INVOLVEMENT between the two. Love can be an ADVENTURE, but perhaps not the kind of ADVENTURE you're after. Then he says that other thing he just said.

"I swe'r t' th' gods tha' woman'll be th' end o' me... sorry lads'n'lass, what knowledge was I off'rin'? Ah, the blood. Tha's righ'... Ta be qui'e honest, ah've no idea. It looks a bit fresh; I 'ad to go on home fer a bit last night... Perhaps ye should ask tha' lazy wench upon 'er return. Ye know, ye lads are always such a boon ta these parts. 'elpin the town oot doesn't 'appen much anymore. Rumor has it that a few o' the townsfolks pets 'ave gone missin' lately. Ah've no idea if tha's true or no', wot bein' in this tavern all day with nary a 'elping 'and."

The LONE PATRON looks up from his drink. "'No idea"? Have you been listening at all? THEY WERE MY PUPS! They took all my pups! I sent my apprentice to follow the trail, and he's not returned! Whataya mean 'No idea'?!? I've been tellin' you about it for 3 pints! I'm RUINED!" he exclaims. The LONE PATRON turns out to be GERALD THE KENNELMASTER, it was just awfully hard to tell when you were looking at the back of his head. This certainly is a SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT, and not a CONTRIVED COINCIDENCE in even the faintest regard.

Susan : You flip to the chapter of your tome regarding RUNED ARTIFACTS, thinking perhaps chiseling a few characters into your wooden sword might be an easy way to grant it GODLIKE POWER. It turns out, the power is not held in the runes themselves, but in the runing process, a SECRET CRAFT kept by a single bloodline of the Deep Dwarves. One of these days, you assure yourself, you'll find something in this book that is both interesting and practical.

Daniel : Applying the HONED EDGE of OCCAM'S RAZOR to the blood on the floor, you deduce that a drunk person may have just hit another drunk person with a dart. But a small voice inside tells you that might be too obvious. It is an awful lot of blood.

Darrell :
Spoiler: I can find them (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darrell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Susan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asonn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:55:07 am by kinseti »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2010, 02:57:27 am »

ASk the kennel master about any clues, and which direction the apprentice went out, this could be the adventure break we are looking for
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 11:20:00 pm »

Ask the KENNEL MASTER if he has any TALKING TRAINED WAR DOGS.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:30 pm »

No.
Glares.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 11:39:13 pm »

Go with the others.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 12:09:34 am »

"Yes." Susan glares right back.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:16 am »

Harder glaring.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 12:16:26 am »

Also, join in on the glaring.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 12:41:10 am »

Susan uses her HOTBLOODEDNESS to glare hardest of all.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 12:54:20 am »

MINE IS THE GLARE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:41 am »

Oh wow, I came home from work all ready to type up Turn 3.5 : In which nobody posts an action except Wolfy, and look at this. Good on you guys. Update shortly, after I have some food and a brew.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 09:45:16 am »

Urgast prepares his shopping list for the coming week of tending bar.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9