Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. - Yes its been airing again  (Read 29851 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2010, 09:26:29 pm »

I've seen people criticize the Scooby Gang for running away from ghosts that they know are fake

To those who make that statement I should bring up... that crazed costume people chasing after you... is freeken scary on its own.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2010, 09:31:02 pm »

That's one of the things that I really like about the new show, the monsters seem like things you should run away from.  In the old series, it's always some local opportunist in a rubber mask.  You'd think they'd notice a pattern after the first dozen or so times, or at least cut back on the weed so they don't freak out as easy.

New series, we've got flaming semis, giant crab robots (?!), and a horde of zombified children.  Yeah, you'd be running scared too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2010, 01:58:19 am »

I don't know... that one ghost in the original series who was just this buff guy with a white sheet over his head...

That would totally scare me if that was chasing me.

I am sort of disapointed there hasn't been a single fatality yet... and the first episode has a noticable plot hole (that is probably intentional)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:59 am »

Wow, I just finally took the time to watch the first episode, and I have to say I'm impressed.

All the characters, and the setting in general, have been given renewed life and personality. It's obvious that the task of creating this show has been passed to people that have thorough knowledge of the old series, and love it, but aren't afraid to traipse about in the realm of self-parody at every turn. Now, I wonder how many of those creators were Velma<3Shaggy shippers in order to have the series start off with them in a relationship out of nowhere. It IS pretty contrived.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »

For Velma being kidnapped... in the old ones I have on video (I think it's from season 2 of the original series) it was always Daphne.  And some damn idiot in a mask.  Now they have robots, it's probably a good idea to run the hell away from them.  Although I don't see why they need to confirm it isn't a real supernatural entity every time :/

And I don't think Scooby Doo ever has fatalities.  It just... doesn't.  The whole point is that it's someone trying to make themselves look supernatural for some bizarre, non violent reason.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »

And I don't think Scooby Doo ever has fatalities.  It just... doesn't.  The whole point is that it's someone trying to make themselves look supernatural for some bizarre, non violent reason.

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2010, 02:41:45 pm »

Will you look at that. They have this on youtube, now I've finally got something to do.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2010, 05:22:54 pm »

I will check out this  new Scooby Doo based on the repeated recommendations here.  But i am amazrd that after repeated Brock Sampson remarks, the episode of teh Venture Brothers "Viva Los Muertos" hasnt been brought up (i think).  That was by far the best take on Scooby I have ever seen.  I am laughing near hystrically to myself even now thinking about it.

But I will check this new Doo out
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2010, 12:00:41 am »

Yeah I saw that Scooby Doo thing in Venture Bros, hehe.

New episode today, not that much happens but it still has some good moments.  Shaggy does some horrible pirate impressions though, god.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2010, 05:01:34 am »

God damn I love this show.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:26 am »

What I like about Fred is that he has the wild, creative abandon that is usually reserved for small children.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2010, 05:08:36 am »

God damn you Aqizzar, I saw that on /co/ and was going to post it here later but you just had to take the glory from me.

...Makes me wonder what the hell Fred did to that body.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2010, 01:28:32 pm »

What I like about Fred is that he has the wild, creative abandon that is usually reserved for small children.

He also has an odd understanding of how relationships work possibly from observing his parents.

Which when you ignore the comedic aspects of the show is actually quite tragic when you think about it. In many ways he fully believed loving Daphne would destroy their relationship.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:56 pm »

I just saw the gnome one. It was okay but nothing to trumpet over. Are the other ones better?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2010, 03:56:07 am »

I just saw the gnome one. It was okay but nothing to trumpet over. Are the other ones better?
Yeah the gnome one isn't the best one for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11