Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118497 times)

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2010, 08:16:27 pm »

Would we be able to frame people if we wanted to?

Another good idea that I hadn't though of. It's possible with the evidence gathering system that I'm creating. Plant other people's DNA at crime scenes and such, but it'd probably end up being too much coding for too little reward.

I can see some missions asking you to frame others for a crime onto another person if a criminal group asks for it. Or if your heat is really high from recent crimes, you can find someone close to you and try to make it seem like they were trying to frame YOU! Which can cause many headaches, I know.

Will there be a way to learn about how your actions has affected the world, with the most obvious example being by news sources?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:34 pm »

This needed to be back at the top because it's awesome.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:08 pm »

Looks really fun. I'm keeping my eye on this.

Idea: You should be able to befriend people with relationship status and such. You would be able to walk into their house without suspicion from them or their neighbors and, unless your character is a true psycho, you would hesitate in attacking them without provocation. Going back to relationships, if you kill a man's brother and he recognizes you on the street, his relationship would plummet with you and he would attack you.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:16 pm »

Time for me to post MY question.

How does character creation work so far, and how will it work in the final release?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:58 pm »

Massive massive gasms. Time for the rise of the hobos!!!!!! The unwashed masses killing you while you sleep! Seriously though good stuff hope you get it done really soon.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2010, 08:27:20 pm »

Instant fanbase, CK. Kudos.

Also, you have an awesome screen name.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

TheCrimsonKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2010, 08:28:08 pm »

Can we light matches on their faces? I've always wanted to do that IRL.

Lighters will have to do for now, but down the track... don't see why not.

With all the orgasming going on, this begs the question. Will that line be crossed in this game? It's a crime simulator afterall.

I'm undecided about how far I want to go with it. The crimes of many serial killers are often sexual in nature, so it does beg the question. I'm not particularly enamored with the idea of being the guy with the game where you can rape and sexually torment people, so I guess it's a no for the present time. Slicing and dicing them will have to do. And urinating on them.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »

I would like the ability to have relationships with people, from your boss to your neighbor to your girlfriend to the friendly guy at the video store a few blocks down.

The thing is...

They're all potential victims.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:10 pm »

Yes, that's the idea, I suppose?

Are convoluted victim profiles going to go in? For example, a serial killer who only targets former bosses?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:33 pm »

But it would still be cool to have your girlfriend kill people with you.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:51 pm »

To add onto the character creation question, how will development of your character work? Will it be through practicing the skill you want to get better at? Which is risky considering some of the skills could be illegal.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:46 pm »

Are convoluted victim profiles going to go in? For example, a serial killer who only targets former bosses?
I think he said we can form victim profiles ourselves.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2010, 08:33:57 pm »

I think he said we can form victim profiles ourselves.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if the game would be able to register that. Or "only targets red-haired men between the ages of 35-40 and average weight of 50-70 kg. Takes their left pinky nail as a souvenir."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »

I would only target fat rich people and burn them.

AND EAT THEIR KITTENS
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »

That's....very.....specific, Josephus. Do you have anything you want to tell us?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 73