Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)  (Read 13885 times)

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:45:11 pm »

We have been sent to this far away land in the name of The Regal Bridge. Not very well named, but kings are known for leadership, not their cleverness. I, and my 6 friends, shall be embark on a large plot of land our great king has scouted out for us. The meeting place between the Wall of Competing mountains, and the Jungles of Continent. Everything we could ever hope for is here; a mighty volcano, a fine brook, and lots of space.
---------------------------
OOC time! I've always wanted to start a community fort, and have finally decided to give it a try. There are six dwarves left to be named and assigned jobs, with my dwarf taking the role of broker, manager and bookkeeper (5x appraise, 5x record keeping)

You may ask to be dorfed, and this request will be done first come first serve.

Rules

1. Do not purposefully mess up the fort.

2. Time limit is one week to play one year. When your turn comes, you will have two days to post confirmation before being skipped

There are only two mods currently in use. Shukaro's Higher Learning mod, and 3's Giant Bee mod, which adds trainable giant bees.

EDIT: Mods do not seem to work, I know for certain the knowledge mod does not, however the bees are still a possibility. I just dumped them into the save's raws. please message me if you know how to fix this
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:56:16 pm by charred_gp »

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 06:45:46 pm »

Player List:

1. Charred_gp (Complete) 1 2
2. Pisano (Complete) 1 2 3 4 5
3. Kregoth (Complete) 1 2 3 4 5 6
4. Random Guardian (Skipped)
5. Dwarf Midget (Finished) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
6. Analog (Unconfirmed)
7. Tsarwash
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:14:50 pm by charred_gp »

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:46:19 pm »

Currently Dwarfed:

Embark dwarves:

Charred_gp: 5x Record Keeper, 5x Appraiser
  Kregoth: 4x Macedwarf, 3x Armor User, 3x Shield User
  Dwarf Midget/McMetal: 4x Weaponsmith, 4x Armorsmith, 1x Metalsmith, 1x Furnace Operator
  Aramco: 5x Miner, 5x Mason
  Analog: 5x Mason, 5x Stone Detailing
  Random Guardian: 5x Miner, 1x Gem Setter, 1x Gem Cutter, 3x Mechanic
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:31:47 pm by charred_gp »

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:33:15 am »

I'll take year 3, and a dwarf that has military skills if there is any.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:46:34 am »

I'll claim a smith, name him McMetal.

Oh, and I can have year five, assuming OP takes year one.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:50:12 am by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »

Alas, I deleted the save due to inactivity in the thread, so I shall have to post some new pictures and gen a new world

Edit: OP updated with new world

Edit the second: I made you a macedwarf, if you don't mind, Kregoth
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:12:44 pm by charred_gp »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:11 pm »

I would like to be dwarfed as a Miner or Mason. ((or both)but only if it is one dwarf as both jobs)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 07:59:15 pm »

I would love to hop in for the ride. This should be my first time playing succesion. I got one problem though and its that I have a troubled schedule for this couple of weeks. If I join can I ditch out at any moment if need be. I know it will be rude but it cant be that hard to find people to take the place of a NeWb like me :P Im willing to commit to this though.
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:21 am »

I'm in. I want a mason/stone detailer. Any year is fine. The sooner the better.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:31:17 pm by analog »
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:04 am »

I'll play a year, year 2 or whatever is available would be great.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 10:28:59 am »

Just a quick little note, you have to agree to my Terms and Conditions for playing in a succession game.

Spoiler: Terms and Conditions (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: I might mess up the fort real bad, but the game will still continue(unless we're wiped out). I also promise to feed you with updates.
Oh, and if you break this agreement, Armok will come for you.

EDIT: What version of the bee mod are we using, the "Beekeeping" version or "THE HIVE" version?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:38:42 am by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:20:16 am »

I chose the hive for convenience of breeding

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:59 am »

O.K. I have made my mind up. Im in this but I would prefer to have year 4. Any year is fine for me though. I dont care much for being dwarfed but if I am then let it be Miner/Jem Cutter/Setter and maby Mechanic if you need one.

P.S. If i do end up in this game then can I build a death trap for useless immagrants? I realy hate having 20 some odd Strand Extracters running around.
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 05:34:05 pm »

Just a quick little note, you have to agree to my Terms and Conditions for playing in a succession game.

Spoiler: Terms and Conditions (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: I might mess up the fort real bad, but the game will still continue(unless we're wiped out). I also promise to feed you with updates.
Oh, and if you break this agreement, Armok will come for you.

Uh, sure. Okay, I made the last dwarf a grower/brewer for convenience's sake in starting the fort. Expect the first of updates soon.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 07:01:28 pm »

Journal of 'Charred_gp' Telthob, Bookkeeper of FilledCrystal

1st of Granite
After driving our wagon as far as possible, we've stopped in this Armok-forsaken place. It's cold and bitter outside, but it has a river and a volcano. I suppose that'll be good enough for now. I set Kregoth to carpentry for now, long enough to deconstruct our wagon and build us some beds. We don't have any weapons or armor, so he's gotta pull his weight until our military gets started.

10th of Granite
Construction of the entrance is complete, now the miners are working on carving out the farm area and our storage. I've ordered everyone inside, so they don't have to face the bitter cold and the sun. According to the miners, we're still digging around in soil, which is annoying Aramco and Analog to no end.

20th of Granite
Storage is finally complete! It'll have to be expanded later, but it's plenty big for now. Next up is the work area. (this will hold everything except food and waste)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3rd of Slate
The workshops are almost finished, but more importantly, the snow is gone! The brook hasn't unfrozen yet, though. In later months, I plan on using it to make a moat for our entrance. I think it'll be a good defensive feature.

10th of Slate
Workshops done. Next up is dining room, then rooms.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

20th of Slate
All that's left is the sleeping area, then we can work on other concerns.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7