Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)  (Read 13878 times)

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Filledcrystal, The Ageless Dirt (31.12 succession)
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:14 am »

Downloading save!

1st of Granite 206
It seems my predecessor has given up at trying to improve Filledcrystal and has handed all decision-making over to me. At the moment everything is as it should be. There's a hospital, enough food and beds for everyone and magma works that has equipped our military. Our miners are digging out new mining projects and me and my buddies have been engraving every single animal, enemy and historic fact we can think of on the walls; sometimes multiple times! I guess all that's left is too continue w...

Analog is taken by a fey mood
Geo... DUUUUUUUUDE GEODUDE GEODUDE GEODUDE GEODUDE GEODUDE

12th of Granite 206
Up IS down, right is right but left just doesn't work! GEODUDE will COME.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:14:56 am by analog »
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2010, 08:21:07 am »

Downloading save!

1st of Granite 206
It seems my predecessor has given up at trying to improve Filledcrystal and has handed all decision-making over to me. At the moment everything is as it should be. There's a hospital, enough food and beds for everyone and magma works that has equipped our military. Our miners are digging out new mining projects and me and my buddies have been engraving every single animal, enemy and historic fact we can think of on the walls; sometimes multiple times! I guess all that's left is too continue w...

12th of Granite 206
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2010, 11:38:26 am »

1st of Slate
Rigoth,  Fikod, Tulon and I, Shem, who are the rest of the engraving group have taken over this Journal in Analog's place.
Analog can't talk right now, or better said: The only thing he says is "geodude", whatever in Atul Waxbeard's name that stands for. He's shoved all the miners in one place and pointed them downwards and they've begun digging stairs and rooms downward. Every time they go to their old stomping grounds in the lower mines he goes up to them yelling his favourite new word until they start digging where he wants. Mining operations have stopped except for the hole he's so fond of seeing dug out. He can still write and chisel because he's been keeping lists of metals and stones found. We're still not sure what's wrong though. Tulon said he might have gone mad from the human siege outside after he noticed him writing "GEODUDE for all races, free entrance!" at the start of the downward mining expedition.
We'll keep an eye on him but he seems to still regularly drink his booze and eat like any other healthy dwarf. It's just hard understanding someone with a one-word vocabulary.
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

charred_gp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2010, 07:47:36 pm »

So...anything new, analog?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2010, 08:14:15 pm »

Downloading save!

1st of Granite 206

12th of Granite 206
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is quite possibly the most disturbing picture I have ever seen.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2010, 04:25:32 pm »

6th of Felsite 206
Emergency gathering of the engravers! One of our axedwarfs has become possessed. We fear it may be an epidemic! This time he has just claimed a craftdwarf's workshop instead of going around and giving orders to other dwarves. Let's see how this turns out.

9th of Felsite 206
Crisis averted. Rigoth proposed a toast and Analog responded with a "GEODUUUUUUUDE" while holding his iron cup high and taking a swig of dwarven beer. He seems to understand us and he has good reason to be happy. The axeman has taken the bones from Bosa Omospdusmxu!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 04:59:56 pm by analog »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2010, 04:28:14 pm »

Wait, how do you make a full-size coffin out of goblin bones? There can't possibly be enough bone in a single goblin to make something that big. Lemme see the description.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2010, 04:40:55 pm »

Wait, how do you make a full-size coffin out of goblin bones? There can't possibly be enough bone in a single goblin to make something that big. Lemme see the description.

We also have prepared fly brains as meals, and rat leather vests. I think one goblin can supply enough bones.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2010, 04:37:52 pm »

4th of Galena 206
Engraver's meeting synopsis:
-The humans outside armed to the teeth with crossbows and bolts haven't moved.
-We're building things for Analog: straight up and with lots of stones and statues.
-Food and booze are well stocked. Access to the outside world isn't even needed for now. Everything a dwarf would wish for is right here.

13th of Galena 206
EMERGENCY MEETING!
This disease, started by Analog hasn't faded. Another dwarf started running around babbling about needing items and a workshop. This time though, it's one of our own! Tulon Bookcastles  has gone the way of fey and claimed a Mason's workshop.

18 of Galena 206

A siege has come! Raise the bridge seal the fo... WAIT A MINUTE? TWO SIEGES?
This time it's a group of human pikemen on war giant tigers.

22nd of Galena 206
Tulon has created a galena hatch cover and calls it All Akmam or 'the weights of sinking'.

10th of Timber 206
My work here is done! Geodude is finished. What is geodude you might ask, as every dwarf should, since he is a curious creature that will do things against his better judgement. Geodude stands for Geological exhibition of dwarven underground drilling expeditions. It is a museum of sorts, though I still haven't worked out the ticket system.
In short (hah, dwarven pun): most sentient creatures that visit us loathe the underground. Therefore I have created an aboveground viewing room of sorts where every chamber is made of the stones that correspond with that level. Statues are used to describe metal deposits that can be found there.

15th of Limestone 206
I've been keeping busy
The mood swing epidemic I started (I think) has gotten another victim. Lor Helmlucid, a fisherdwarf by profession has become possesed. He claimed a magma forge...  :o

If only every dwarf would claim the most dwarven of dwarf workshops to engineer new creations.

20th of Moonstone 206
An update on Lor is in order. He has gathered a bar of tin, a bunch of goblin bones, microline and andersite square blocks, rough milk opals, some extra raccoon and fox bones and a cloth made from rope reed. This sound promising.
I must admit I just love to hear the sound of a mad dwarf chanting one word over and over...
STINEDAN STINEDAN STINEDAN
Strifulstirs, a tin earring!!!

8th of Opal 206
Catten, one of the militia commanders has decided to name his mace. Further inspection reveals said mace has shifted owners once and has aided in killing both dwarf and beast. BUT IT'S JUST A STUPID SIMPLE IRON MACE!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:45:20 pm by analog »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2010, 05:40:45 am »

Bumping this because I don't want to see it buried so far down.

So THAT'S what the Geodude craze was about. Sweet.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2010, 01:06:56 pm »

ALMOST THERE, YES!

1st of Granite, 207
I'm done. FINISHED. No more managing this warped place! After the squads of humans riding war whatevers a new enemy has shown it's face. Stupid kobolds! Kobold bowmen even, and they're shooting at all the people walking to and from geodude!

Okay, this is me finally finishing this. Sorry about the wait but my FPS has never gone above 15.  :-\ I finished the geodude tower and installed a fun extra. Save before trying to pull levers please  ;)

Save here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3231
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:11:05 pm by analog »

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:04 am »

Sorry, I never noticed that Analog had finished, Will start as soon as I can.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »

Man I left for a couple of months and this succesion has devolved from selfless heroism to geodudes :P
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

Man I left for a couple of months and this succesion has devolved from selfless heroism to geodudes :P
>couple of months
>only one

And yes. Geodudes. Next up is Digletts.

random guardian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:42 pm »

One month? i swear to god time flys by when your not on the internet for long periods of time.
You see a youtube comment you dont agree with. As you type out an insult against the users mother a member of your family watches you. Fed up with your addiction to youtube and spouting random swears at people who didnt enjoy your Naruto AMV, the family member grabs your head and rams it into the screen of your computer butchering your face and electricuting you to death.

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]