Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 7 (0.31.12)  (Read 18490 times)

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 5 (0.31.12)
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2010, 09:17:43 pm »

oh no, far from it :P  we will take as many people as want to join :D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

I am probably going to make my own succession fort, but I will still play this one when my time comes.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2010, 05:06:50 pm »

Everyone that has requested a run has been added to the list.
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2010, 10:53:36 am »

Sorry guys, but I aren't going to be capable of making my turn.Sorry  :(
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2010, 10:55:54 am »

Thats a shame. Anyway, I'm halfway through spring and getting pretty slow FPS so this might take a while. At least it's been quite boring so far. Nothing to test me.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2010, 01:11:56 pm »

2nd of Granite
So I start my term of office here and I am immediately I ask for volunteers to regain our military strength. This was answered by 5 dwarves.  This is good enough to get a good training scheme going as well as replace my invalided partner Stinthad. My new partner (Durtan) is armed with a spear while the others are armed with the dwarves’ ancestral weapon: the battle axe. The captain of the guard, Analog III is leading these dwarves. I feel this is adequate for the moment for we shall not actually go for any goblins until we are great warriors. Speaking of my new sparring partner I found she is very a interesting woman who is one of the most popular people I have seen in the fort so far.

Tantrum spiral much?

Also I gave the plans for the new Arena to be completed. This will be a great semi-circle so the crowds can see everything that is going on. Also, there will be an area above for marksdwarves to stand just in case anything goes horribly wrong in the arena. While we want a good fight, we do not want a fair one that is too risky

The ground floor of the arena. This is where the fights actually take place. The bit to the left is where the goblins/other nasties are kept and the right bit is the airlock for the military. The top part is where dwarves will observe the fights from behind glass walls. I'll use walls because windows can A: be broken by building destroyers and B: as soon as you release an enemy all the dwarves hanging out there will see it and go "ohmygod invader" and run out of the hall so glass walls are good

The arena +1. the small top section is where marksdwarves will rush to incase of a any trouble in the arena. I'm only digging this level first so I can smooth/engrave the walls to make it look nice.

I am also continuing the project on the tower. The level just above the military training room is now being constructed and will be quarters for the military so they have to travel little distance from their beds to train. The level above that will be given over to important dwarves in the community. The previous overseers rooms will be here and I will do everything in my power to make them even better than their current rooms. Finally. The top floor of this tower will house my personal palace. Here I will down on the rest of the lands from my circular room. A beacon of red amongst the green lands.
(no pics sorry)

1th of Slate
A whole month has passed and there is nothing much to report. All is quiet. The digging on the arena is finished and the engravers have moved in and are busy smoothing everything and the construction on the tower is going well. The booze problem is now being combated by two dwarves who’s sole job is to provide the rest of the fort with vine, sprits and my favourite: Rum.  Finally, all of the useless puppies running round tripping everyone up has been completely sorted out. Though I fear my input may have only had a small impact as multiple dogs are now giving birth so now it feels like I have had to start again. We have also had 3 new additions to the fort, the latest of which being Risen Erithzasit giving birth to a boy whom she called Mafol Kizestalath.

25th of Slate
Today something finally happened! We had some migrants arrive and after asking all their skills, I decided that most of them could keep their normal professions. However, 4 of them told me of their military experience so I immediately drafted them into service, two as swordsdwarfs, 2 as spear dwarves like myself and Durtan.

14th of slate
Today started like any other. The work on the tower has drawn a step closer to conclusion as Analog III’s bed and dining room have been finished and were in the process of being furnished when:

Goblins! Riding equally vile creatures like giant toads and Rutherers! I now fear for this great fort’s safety now, though it will be a good opportunity to test the new Titan trap…

That’s it for now, sorry for the lack of anything interesting in gerneral and the poor quality of writing…  This is my first succession fort. So now goblins are here but I don’t know how many, (I paused and wrote an update as soon as the announcement cam up) so there is at least twos squads , 1 Hammenmen (led by a pikeman), 1 swordsmen (led by a lasher :O). I’m leaving the plan of action to other people. What should we do now?!
Also, I have a feeling I should spoiler my pictures because of size. Is everyone fine with how it is or should I spoiler them?
Oh yeah here is the thoughts/ prefs screen for your (latest) dwarf Analog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »

hiya, i heard that there could be a space on here? can i join
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2010, 09:29:41 pm »

oh yes you can join haha.  As soon as OP sees that he will add you to the list.  Also, can I take a second turn this weekend? :D
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:43 am »

cool, is there any pic of the fort in general so i can get a feel for it? and not mess it up  :P

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2010, 10:01:38 am »

just download a save of it and take a look around. 
[DWARFINEERING]

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2010, 03:47:57 pm »

Hows it coming Thatdude?

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:00 pm »

Mid-summer. Getting very slow FPS so it will take a while. I'll try to get an update later tonight but it's first week of 6th form for me (to those of you who that means something, yay England) so I'm a little snowed under with work and stuff.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2010, 05:01:03 pm »

as long as you're still alive, that's the important part.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »

hi there, soz. can you delay me, for a one turn .

i also like critisism

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:30 am »

23rd Felsite
It has been almost a week since the siege started and things have been going perfectly to plan. Soon after the goblins were spotted, a warning was called out that trolls were approaching from the east! The alarm bell was rung and dwarves started rushing for the main hall. But Kivish was seconds too slow and the trolls found the entrance first!

Why do only skilled dwarves die? (he was high-master). His sacrifce did give me time to rally the militia, but I feared that we would not be enough. However, the traps thinned the horde of trolls with mixed success

before a volley of crossbow fire from Aban took down another. Seeing my chance I gave the order for the bridge to be raised. This trapped two trolls and even before they could stand up again they were cut down by Analog III.

This has been a great start to the battle, but it is not finished, for we can still hear the rest of the invaders from the other side of the wall. I will need to find a way of driving them off before all work in the fortress grinds to a halt.

6th of Hematite: Victory!

The goblins are fleeing and it is all down to Tosid and Aban: the one armed marksdwarf. After seeing where the goblins were gathered, I ordered a mason to build a ramp up onto wall sheltering the front gate. From here the marksdwarf squad rained the fury of armok himself that drove the goblin menace away! In their panic to flee one of the goblins stepped on the preassure plate that activates the bridge trap over the Bronze colossus and fell into the pit (how?). I promptly ordered it’s release and it beat the snot out of the goblin and her Giant toad mount.

9th
God dammed goblins, they left a few of their toads behind and they are interrupting our work-force. They have even gotten into the brook! We will have to go on a small campaign to eradicate them if we are to continue work here.

16th
The toad hunt is a success, most of the creature are dead and our fisherdwarf can continue his work is safety.
In other news, a dwarf recently approached me saying his quarters were not good enough! I almost went into a fit of fury until he told me that he was the mayor. Apparently during the confusion of the siege he was voted into office. Well I wondered what those dwarves did when they had to wait inside for the goblins to leave…

5th malachite
Now that the siege has been completely dealt with, I feel comfortable to go back to more peaceful projects. Like my arena for example. But work has been distracted when smoke has inexplicably been rising from the magma garbage dump. The only thing that has been thrown down there is stone, and stone doesn’t burn so I had no answer to the haulers who reported it to me. I also set out plans for the new mayor's office

13th
I am exhausted after 2 days of solid fighting. Deciding that the arena was in a ready state for the first fight I stepped forward against a goblin swordsman in a one Vs one fight (on the 11th). The crowds (of one dwarf and his 7-8 dogs) were watching and as the goblin rushed at me I saw that something was wrong. I had told the organizers to remove his weaponry yet was swinging a copper long-word at me, and looking down at my weapon I saw that I had forgot my adamantine spear and picked up a wooden training one instead. Immediately I called out and word was sent for my training partner to come with all haste possible. But he could not be found, and me the goblin spent two whole days ducking weaving parrying and striking at each other futilely. This fight has given me new appreciation of my armor, for without it I am sure that I would have been struck down for sure.
When Durtan finally did arrive we all knew exactly where he had been, for in his hands were a barrel of sewer brew.

Finally seeing my plight, he only stopped to set down the barrel before charging into combat with the goblin. After another few hours of combat, he finally scored a telling hit with his adamantine spear and the fight was over. This test has told me that the dwarves of this fortress appreciate a fair fight, and so will refuse to remove anything from the caged enemies. So if the dwarvs want a fair fight, then a fair fight they shall have. Me and Durtan shall re-enter the arena for another match versus two hammermen and this time We will give the fortress a real spectacle instead of a wimpy amateurish squabble. There will be blood! There will be gore! There will be an almighty praise to our God Armok! And we will worship in the blood of our foes!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13