Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 7 (0.31.12)  (Read 18492 times)

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: A Dysfunctional Succession Fort: Year 4 (0.31.12)
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2010, 10:54:07 pm »

WINTER

Using one of the recruits I hoaxed it inside the depot where many merchants await. And with ferocity the merchants and our men all gather on to the titan slashing, bashing, stabbing, kicking, and even some biting. the titan didn't stand a chance.

A day of celebration should be had I plan on having many engravers write this story into our walls. we may not have made the killing blow but we survived a very dangerous enemy.

I have released the civil alert and have everyone get back to work I plan on finishing this damn pit trap before my rule is over even if I have to stop my own project. It almost done just 1 bridge left to build then just need to hook up the mechanism for the pressure plates and the switch to reset them and we are good to go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:11:53 pm by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2010, 02:22:08 am »

dont worry about the time it has taken but...:'( i am dead...:/  So can I possess a new farmer? :D this will be an interesting fort... (Xenos II, Analog III, thatdude I.V ;))
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 02:59:26 am »

dont worry about the time it has taken but...:'( i am dead...:/  So can I possess a new farmer? :D this will be an interesting fort... (Xenos II, Analog III, thatdude I.V ;))

Ya no shit both you and analog died from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Analog get cough in an ambush and runs the wrong way.
Thatdude get poke at for 3 months but was saved by magical means ;)
And you died because you had to pull plants from the outside farm right when a titan flew over the wall. At least you died trying to do what you loved haha.

Funny too the titan flew over the wall and the first thing he does is destroy one of the farms then Bee lines it for you haha. he must hate farmers lol.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:34 am »

:(

A fort with hundreds of dwarves and who gets to kick the bucket again! If the fort still exists after everyone has had their turn I'll try another shot at captain of the guard. Analog III: with a vengeance! I'll be decked out in steel armour and weapons and delivering justice through hacky-slashy means  8)
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2010, 11:54:10 am »

Every good fort needs lots of player death. Heck, I think one the players in headshoots died 4-5 times. He even got an award for it :D

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2010, 06:59:45 pm »

WINTER

5th of Opal
The traders have finally left. If it where not for the arrival this season we may have lost many more men then just our baron and a few recruits. It is a sad day that we morn the loss of our Captain and baron. It looks like Xenos get to rest in his tomb after all. If permissible by other I would like to take his place as baron as a recommendation for our next selection.

24th of Opal

It appears one of our smith has decided to take over a magma forge and started to secretivy forge something out of our adamantine wafers. I hope it something more then some damn trinket.

I do love it when our dwarfs make something that is of important use. It's a fitting piece of leggings, One that shall be put to good use. I am tempted to take them myself but I am no warrior and they would only put me into danger. I decided it would be best to give it to a far more suitable member of our army. Congratulations Thatdude You are a proud owner of this great piece of armor smithing. You are being rewarded these for being a valuable warrior in times of need.

Our fortress is now very wealthy and I am surprised we have yet to see any kobolds come and try to take out items of legend.

Last of my rule here
In the last few days here I attempted to finish the 2 large projects of mine, but sadly they where left incomplete. So I beg the next ruler to finish the colossus trap. All that left to do is to hook up the last bridge. I have drawn a picture of which bridge to hook up.

I have also left a note on the new lever placed in the lever and food room that is used for burrow restrictions when on civilian alert. Read it carefully and follow it's instructions.

As for my secret project? Well it is only partially complete. What is it you ask? It's was going to be a very large tower with multiple rooms and on the 5th floor was to be widened to accommodate food and booze in case our fortress was to fall. but I only made it to floor 4. For those floors are my personal room and dining hall, Sadly also unfinished. at the bottom floor was to be extended and walled to create farm land. I hope our next leader may complete this project.

As for me I am done as a leader. My rule here was no easy task and was ripe with interesting events. and with constant interruption by goblins, beasts, and wafer grabbing moody dwarfs. I still feel as if I accomplished much. I now hand my place of leadership of this grand fortress to Thatdude may your rule be strong and just, and stylish in your new leggings as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:06:21 pm by Kregoth »

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

I now hand my place of leadership of this grand fortress to Thatdude may your rule be strong and just, and stylish in your new leggings as well.

*Does a little dance in new leggings* Thanks, downloading the save now. Let's see if I can finish your tower (and add to it, maybe  some nice rooms for me)

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnitedGate: Needs some Players: Year 5 (0.31.12)
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2010, 04:37:00 am »

I gave them to you because I knew that you would have taken them on your turn anyway lol.

But I am curious sense we are low on players maybe we can go back through the list again or sign up again for the ones still here?  I actually enjoyed this succession specially after caging a bronze colossus which once that pit trap is finished it will be one hell of a defense. also Thatdude forgot to mention the I noted a switch at the bottom of the pit the colossus is still caged but it is hooked to a lever. do not release till bridge is done or you will get a lot of interrupts because of them spotting it from above

None the less if you want to do the whole sign up for another turn I want to sign up :)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2010, 05:03:21 am »

I will join this.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2010, 05:20:53 am »

yes...slowly we will add more into the list...*ebil laugh*  also, i wouldnt mind a second turn.  maybe as a new dwarf though, how about a soldier dwarf (preferably spear) named durtan?
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

grey9

• Bay Watcher
  • maker of red 2's
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2010, 07:29:10 am »

Sign me up pm when its my turn
i cant make a labyrinth i dont understand pressure plates

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2010, 10:42:59 am »

1st of Granite, early spring: Initial report

It has been a tense few weeks since Kregoth announced he would be stepping down as leader. He, in the eyes of most, was a very good one, there were very few deaths and some great things were created during his time as well as a Gobblin siege that was repelled through the good leadership of Kregoth. While it was mostly traps that defeated them, I am still very pleased with my kill. So pleased that I had to abandon my friends and have a celebratory drink ;D. I swear, everyone promised to do it when they started!

But I digress, I was very surprised when Kregoth himself approached me and said I was to be the next overseer. He said that I was the most capable person he knew. I’ve no-idea how because I have never talked to him previously in my life before! Now I’m in charge and I don’t know what to think. Looking around would be a good idea though.

Let’s look at the stocks

We have almost no booze! Also looking through the lists of residents of the fortress, we apparently have no dedicated brewers! This must be remedied immediately and will be a high priority during my time as leader here.

Another thing I noticed in the stocks was that we only have 6 military members of which 2 of them are on duty (Me being one). Now I know I am an adequate combatant (seriously, most of my stats are adequate) I do know that I and my training partner are not good enough to protect the fortress by ourselves for we cannot trust those untrustworthy marksdwarves. So I will have to force a conscription on some dwarves. But I will only try to recruit the experienced ones first anyway.

Speaking of the military we have too many captured Gobblins in our animal stockpile.

To remedy this I plan to have a great arena in which all dwarves can witness the greatness of my military here first hand form behind the safety of solidly buit glass walls

Now to… bloody hell we have a lot of puppies here! If they were dogs they would be useful but because they are only puppies they shall be saying hello the butcher very soon. I am quite partial to a *Dog meat Roast*

Finally, under the instrustions of the last overseer, I had a look at our stockpile situation, especially the bar stockpiles and I was horrified to discover that the stockpile for bars was an unnecessary long walk from the forges. This means that
Dwarves in the metal industry are walking all the way from the top of the fortress to the bottom. In my mind this is unacceptable so is another thing needed though not as high a priority as the other things.

Finally, Kregoth spoke of a survival tower in case all else failed, where any surviving dwarves could hide until the outside world was clear again. I know this tower well because I am watching the sun set from my usual training space on it. But it isn't much of a survival pod yet. Just a room full of statues followed by this large training room here. Instead I will make it a luxuary tower for the high society. My room will be at the top and will look down on all the land with an unparalleled view. The ex-overseers and great defenders of the fort will also have rooms in it but none shall be as grand as mine. But this is a project that will take time so I cannot be too ambitious. However it will be finished and it will be great.

Ok, that is my initial intent and crap done. But yeah, real life has picked an annoying time to pop up and I won't be able to get to a computer until Tuesday at the earliest (and I don't have the time to play any more today) so if you guys can't wait that long then say so but otherwise I will be able to finish my turn, just not immediately.

@Kregoth: I take your advice to heart and will do so to the best of my ability
@Xenos: Do you want to be my training partner? My old/current one is permanently incapacitated with the dreaded ability to stand lost so I need a new one now and I have a spear already.
@ Everyone else: Just tell me if you want a dwarf. State your preferences and I'll do my best to achieve them (and not misspell them either "grr why doesn't backspace work!").

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:15 am »

Is there an Analog III as captain of the guard. You could always give him command over a small squad of axedwarves  8)
Honestly: no bad intentions. I'd just like more survivability  :P
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

PS:  we used to have a dedicated brewer...who was also a dedicated baron... <_<
[DWARFINEERING]

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2010, 04:28:46 pm »

Is it too late to join?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13