Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093875 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11580 on: January 14, 2017, 06:48:57 pm »

Crusader Kings, the only game where you ask your friends to seduce and impregnate your wife.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: January 14, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »

Crusader Kings, the only game where you ask your friends to seduce and impregnate your wife.
I think there's people that do that in real life too.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: January 14, 2017, 09:31:37 pm »

Glitterhoof just wants to be people.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »

Well that was fun.  Hopefully we could continue the save next week, possibly with other people joining in within a rival merchant republic.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: January 14, 2017, 10:26:33 pm »

This talk convinced me to FINALLY check out After The End.  It's lovely!  I started as Duke of The Triangle (my hometown).  Evangelist... vassal of the New Columbian Confederacy.  For now.  First thing I did was build up 100 piety and holy-war the Charismatic infidels in the Blue Ridge (my new home).

I'll actually be happy as a vassal duke of those two areas, at least for some time.  But *eventually* I will form the Kingdom of Carolina.
And probably convert to one of the dozen crazy-fun religions available!  I chose the options which remove the religion-restriction from marriage, and make it easier to invite landless courtiers, so it should be dead simple to pick a fun creed when the time comes.

Maybe even Gaian, haha!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: January 15, 2017, 12:12:12 am »

Couple friends and I tried a few times to play, but we kept getting DC'd.  No worries though, they automatically started playing the same game in single-player, and I'm going back to that too.

Sidenote, when hosting the game, there were no realms at all until I loaded my single-player game.
Multiplayer is pretty wonky, desyncs all day erry day, but we're still having a lot of fun chatting over this mod.

One went Rust Cult but was a infirm elder who died almost immediately, becoming the chaste gay heir.  Then desynced lol
The other went Mormon for the memey, fighting over The Desert.  I'm surprised the game even supports 4 wives (Pretty sure by default it's 3 concubines for pagans and 3 wives, maybe 2, for Islam...?)

Anyway...  For the greater glory of Greater Carolina!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: January 15, 2017, 12:19:05 am »

Nah it's 4 wives for Islam. It is most awesome when you manage to get 4 geniuses.

At least until they all start trying to murder each other/their children.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: January 15, 2017, 12:47:20 am »

Sidenote, when hosting the game, there were no realms at all until I loaded my single-player game.
Multiplayer is pretty wonky, desyncs all day erry day, but we're still having a lot of fun chatting over this mod.

One went Rust Cult but was a infirm elder who died almost immediately, becoming the chaste gay heir.  Then desynced lol
The other went Mormon for the memey, fighting over The Desert.  I'm surprised the game even supports 4 wives (Pretty sure by default it's 3 concubines for pagans and 3 wives, maybe 2, for Islam...?)

Anyway...  For the greater glory of Greater Carolina!

The base game tends to want to load into the default start dates, in the eighth, ninth, or eleventh centuries, while the mod takes place in the twenty-seventh century.  To get the areas to show up, you either need to select one of the bookmarks or load in a save game.

As for desyncs, the only questions I have are: were you using pause, and were you past speed 1?  The latter I am not one hundred percent sure about on the desync end, but using the pause button has always given us grief.  It's honsestly best to leave it always in speed 1.  While a bit slow, me, Scriver, and A Thing all got a five hour game off.

Given all three of us went over that course of time with only me managing to get ahold of a single scrap of land in the last half hour, I can for certain say the game is fun in multiplayer.  Admittedly, my perspective may be a bit colored, since I got a couple lucky strikes, two people exploiting their positions granting me 100 gold apiece when I banished them, and the second wife I got has a 17 intrigue score that gave me a blackmail event a couple times that give me 50 gold apiece.  And I snagged the merchant republic capital's trade post slot...

We were about to snag Scriver the county of Tampa, and I don't doubt that A Thing is that far behind us, likely to soon be able to get his claim on the Florida Keys in the next session.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: January 15, 2017, 02:02:07 pm »

Nah it's 4 wives for Islam. It is most awesome when you manage to get 4 geniuses.

At least until they all start trying to murder each other/their children.
It's four secondaries, if I recall correctly, and your first wife isn't counted in that. This is set up because five wives is the maximum according to the koran, and the additional wife thing was added as part of Sword of Islam.

That said I think the engine actually supports huge numbers, it just becomes a mess quickly if you try to do like Solomon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11589 on: January 15, 2017, 02:05:04 pm »

Can you have concubines in addition to the 5 wives, and can you go further than that? I'm reminded of Indian Sultans who officially had 300 wives and unofficially gorillions more

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: January 15, 2017, 02:07:47 pm »

3 secondaries and 1 primary (or first wife) who is the one you get the state bonuses from. The other wives will try to kill them though, which can be annoying.

4 wives is hard enough man, don't know why you'd want more :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:18 pm »

So I'm running a game as Rashtrakutra in India starting in the Charlemagne start, and it's turning out to be one of those rare playthrough where Decadence Deblobbing is working as it is intended to (perhaps a bit too much, even). In just one hundred years, the Great Green Glob that is the Arabian Empire at the start (Abbasid by name at the start) has undergone several Decadence Revolts, three to be precise, each one tearing the blob apart a bit more with vassals going independent all over the place.

As you see I've been able to swallow up a lot of the south Pakistani and Persian areas, mostly from weak Dukes and a few independent counts. The Arabian empire itself is weak and sundered and in almost constant revolt state. In the west, in Egypt and the Arabian peninsula, some of the first states to go independent have managed to grow into powers of their own by taking tiny slices out of the Empire itself.

I'm pretty excited of this development. It's not often you get to see this kind of downward spiral in ck2 unless you yourself is directly involved in causing it, and I've mostly been busy laying all of India under my boots (except for those three duchies I've snagged, I guess).

Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: January 15, 2017, 03:21:27 pm »

Can you have concubines in addition to the 5 wives, and can you go further than that? I'm reminded of Indian Sultans who officially had 300 wives and unofficially gorillions more

Concubines and secondary wives are an either/or thing, with wives taking precedence and replacing concubines when available. A Muslim Tribal ruler gets extra wives instead of concubines for example.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: January 15, 2017, 03:27:03 pm »

Nope, concubines and secondary wives use the same system, just named differently and with some different mechanical ramifications (prestige etc).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11594 on: January 15, 2017, 06:20:11 pm »

Concubines and secondary wives are an either/or thing, with wives taking precedence and replacing concubines when available. A Muslim Tribal ruler gets extra wives instead of concubines for example.
Oh. I suppose CK2 couldn't handle that many wives then

3 secondaries and 1 primary (or first wife) who is the one you get the state bonuses from. The other wives will try to kill them though, which can be annoying.
4 wives is hard enough man, don't know why you'd want more :p
It helps to cover the world in your dynasty when you're capable of producing enough future spouses ready to marry the world in one generation, otherwise it takes generations of breeding your descendants to get to illuminati-tier coverage
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1002