Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093483 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11340 on: December 08, 2016, 04:04:42 am »

That is good to know! While you don't have the specs, my fiance's laptop should play it at least then, even if it might lag a bit. Plus hers is newer (she got it earlier this year), so technically I guess should be better because its more modern. But she isn't home, so I can't actually see the specs of it. Just only the comparison of what she does on it.

Its not like a crappy laptop, just not that great. Still a nice gift for free.

The reason I asked, is because I actually was planning to buy her a couple more DLCs as a surprise and get things kinda setup so we can both play. Just was kinda worried maybe the game wouldn't be playable. She already played normal CK2 a lot on my PC, and she was really into it. But she likes playing games together.

I play CKII on a laptop refurbished three years ago with a 1.8 ghz dual core w/ 512 mb of RAM and it runs decently.  I have my doubts hers is worse than mine, so you should be just fine.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: December 08, 2016, 06:26:08 am »

Geheimingsnacht is definitely the most performance heavy mod for ck2 I've played, though.

So... question regarding raiding.

There appear to be times when I can't raid my neighbours, and I don't understand why. I have the raiding thing set, I don't have a non-aggression pact with them, and I raided them not six months ago, after I took another one of their provinces. I wait for the various holdings to not have the "recently raided" or whatever thing, and then I'm not raiding.

Anyone know why this isn't working?

Edit: It seems to have fixed itself. Uncertain if me going to war with someone else, and them also being at war with them and thus making us mutual enemies was a solution, but okay.

This has been an issue before, though. If anyone knows why this happens I'd be quite happy to know why, as it has happened a few times before. Usually I can figure out why (non-aggression pacts, ceasefire things after a war, things like that) but sometimes it's just ???

If your raiding party is defeated in battle you get a no-raiding timer for that realm, dunno for how long it lasts. Iirc it applies to the entire top liege's realm, so if you are raiding a Mortain vassalized by France and get defeated by the Normanduke's troops you don't be able to raid Bordeux either.
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:40 am »

Whichever one of those disables the height map is what you want. The game is sooooooo much less performance-heavy with a flat map.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: December 08, 2016, 12:00:11 pm »

Meeeh. I've given up on going five speed for normal play :P

I can't wait until Elder Kings finally gets a release :/

Waiting for a stable release is killing me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: December 08, 2016, 12:06:36 pm »

Meeeh. I've given up on going five speed for normal play :P

I can't wait until Elder Kings finally gets a release :/

Waiting for a stable release is killing me.
The SVN release is nearly always stable. Just go to their subforum and it should be one of the stickied threads.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: December 08, 2016, 05:15:21 pm »

Eeeh. I still think I wanna wait until an official release. Personal preference.

Plus, the ? CoAs are really annoying, and hopefully waiting for an official release will fix that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: December 08, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »

From what I can tell, that's usually a later thing they work on. Even an official release they might still be placeholder CoAs.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: December 08, 2016, 05:25:15 pm »

Huh, apparently adding traits and stuff mid-game screws with.... the traits. 

Enter the majority of the world becoming immortals.
I recall reading somewhere that you have to add traits to the end of the last loaded trait file or it messes things up. Presumably each save keeps an ordered list of traits somewhere, so if you start injecting them in the middle it gets confused about which one is which.

If your raiding party is defeated in battle you get a no-raiding timer for that realm, dunno for how long it lasts. Iirc it applies to the entire top liege's realm, so if you are raiding a Mortain vassalized by France and get defeated by the Normanduke's troops you don't be able to raid Bordeux either.
This might explain it. I too was wondering about weird no-raiding policies.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: December 08, 2016, 05:41:04 pm »

Whichever one of those disables the height map is what you want. The game is sooooooo much less performance-heavy with a flat map.

None of them.  To do that go the your 'map' folder, open world_normal_height with a graphics program (e.g. paint or gimp) delete the data and save empty file.  (Can also be done with the topology image.)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: December 08, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

From what I can tell, that's usually a later thing they work on. Even an official release they might still be placeholder CoAs.

Meh. last time I played, most of Morrowind was just ? marks, along with Elswyr and Akavir.

I do kinda hope the next official release has a submod for removing Akavir. I've said it before, but it's basically India :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: December 09, 2016, 01:27:18 pm »

In adventures of modding stuff, I've just learned what the localisation folder stuff are for. 
I've always wondered how people made their added stuff not look like random tacked on garbage.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

Yeah. You can also change things in there and have it be ironman compatible. Such as changing the Abbablob to 'Dickbutt.' I think. If not, then ignore what I just said :P

though really, the localisation stuff is neat. I wish there were more variations on title names depending on culture. Would make looking around the world more interesting. For example, german culture has the various title prefixes be german equivalents while being different from the french equivalents. Basically just make names less the same. Might be just me though :P

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: December 10, 2016, 05:49:42 am »

I have an issue. For some reason, probably after installing some Steam Workshop mods, the names of some provinces have changed. There is one province in Smaland which was (I think) renamed the Aegan Sea, a province near Pskov that is now known as the Gulf of Venice. The sea tiles of corresponding names are no simply known as province #. The problem is constant across two computers.

I've uninstalled all my mods except GoT, and I've used the steam in-built check file integrity option, but it didnt help. Do you guys know how to fix this?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: December 10, 2016, 07:31:12 am »

I have an issue. For some reason, probably after installing some Steam Workshop mods, the names of some provinces have changed. There is one province in Smaland which was (I think) renamed the Aegan Sea, a province near Pskov that is now known as the Gulf of Venice. The sea tiles of corresponding names are no simply known as province #. The problem is constant across two computers.

I've uninstalled all my mods except GoT, and I've used the steam in-built check file integrity option, but it didnt help. Do you guys know how to fix this?
Steam Workshop mods tend to be horribly broken unless they are tiny. Download them manually.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: December 10, 2016, 11:15:14 pm »

I've got Anime Portraits on and the cute redhead children that I give land to keep turning into dumb Arabs when they grow up, working in opposite to my purpose of cuteifying the realm. I've already brownified Ireland,  do I have to invade Scotland and get some pureblooded redheads in my realm or is ethnicity a result of culture?
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1002