Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090957 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7680 on: May 23, 2015, 08:43:02 pm »

I've encountered and interesting bug.

I'm not sure how, but somehow, my republic has managed to get an EXTRA house. Instead of having five houses, there's now six.
I'd suggest killing either the sixth house off, or another, to see if the number remains.
And why would I do that? More people to steal trade posts off of.

EDIT: Nevermind, they died off anyway. And nope, no other family popped up.

Frankly this should just be a feature. Especially in the bigger republics there should be at least 10+ houses.
That patch would completely invalidate my plan of a russian merchant republic with the borders of modern russia.

The house ilemensky is prepared to face the horde. Bring it on.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: May 25, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »

Force them to take vows?
Oh right I keep forgetting I'm actually Catholic this time, what with all the church raiding!  (Sadly no more, now that I'm no longer tribal).  I might have to imprison them first but that's relatively easy.  Well...  They do have to grow up before I can do that, so it's not perfect, but there's a good chance all the children will be adults before I die (with my wife becoming infertile due to age).
I don't think this actually works, I believe one of the requirements of ordering to take the vows is that they can't be heirs to your stuff (at least it was in my current unmodded game)

Making the person a bishop, or even just a successor to a bishop will solve the problem however.
I really don't get why they block any and all method of getting rid of your heirs. :/
It used to be fairly easy to off them. The issue was that everyone was basically offing all heirs but one every single time so they could have the heir they wanted. Having to put up with a sucky heir on occasion can put a wrench in your plans and make the game a bit more dynamic.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: May 25, 2015, 10:53:25 pm »

It's also highly unrealistic to just off all your heirs...people would realize somethi,g was off

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:24 pm »

Seems a bit wonky to just make it literally impossible rather than simulate that though. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: May 25, 2015, 11:17:19 pm »

Its not impossible...as I said above...imprison then execute.
The old system let you get away with no penalties...now it causes tyranny which is realistic and actually makes it a choice and not a no brainer

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: May 25, 2015, 11:20:01 pm »

The old system let you get away with no penalties...now it causes tyranny which is realistic and actually makes it a choice and not a no brainer
Unless, of course, you are able to set it up so that your son is an enemy, so you can do all that for no penalty other then the piety needed to execute.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: May 25, 2015, 11:28:16 pm »

Unless, of course, you are able to set it up so that your son is an enemy, so you can do all that for no penalty other then the piety needed to execute.
plus kinslayer unless you're muslim.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: May 25, 2015, 11:45:49 pm »

plus kinslayer unless you're muslim.
Eh, the worst part is the bitchy wife.  You can just pay the pope to remove kinslayer.  Plus, if you are going around killing your sons, I don't think you care much about slightly lower relations with them.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:59 am »

Pretty much lol...I tend to wait til my character is 40+ to off my characters...so even if the penalties get real nasty I will be dying soon anyways

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: May 26, 2015, 12:54:45 am »

As I always say, no true king gives a shit about tyranny. Kill everyone! Let god sort them out.

But seriously, when you learn to accept that tyranny is perfectly manageable, you'll have more fun. No point trying to be the super nice dude all the time. You'll find that the penalties for tyranny aren't particularly bad either. I've had plenty of characters live long and happy lives with -3000 relations with everyone.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:23 am »

Why, doesn't the ERE got Imperial Administration?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:40 am »

Properly conducted tyranny is like ripping off a bandaid.  It has to be done quickly and all at once.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: May 26, 2015, 04:24:51 am »

Properly conducted tyranny is like ripping off a bandaid.  It has to be done quickly and all at once.
There's a passage in The Prince that goes almost exactly like this.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: May 26, 2015, 09:32:26 am »

why? I don't think they fight a unified war (they might even be hostile to each others). Unless some of them are huge, it's easy to defeat them one by one.

Also, is it just me or capture chances have increased recently? It seems most wars end up when one of the leader is captured nowadays.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: May 26, 2015, 10:03:30 am »

why? I don't think they fight a unified war (they might even be hostile to each others). Unless some of them are huge, it's easy to defeat them one by one.

Also, is it just me or capture chances have increased recently? It seems most wars end up when one of the leader is captured nowadays.
Unless you mean "generals" or "ally leaders" that was always so. Once you have the enemy king you can force them to accept peace.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1002