Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092719 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6645 on: December 26, 2014, 03:52:36 pm »

Your AI did this did it? In 300 years?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How about a savegame?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsica_et_Sardinia

Excuse you SPQR achievement?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: December 26, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »

It's a really stupid achievement, made worse by the fact that the game itself doesn't tell you what you need to get. You have to search online to get info and even that picture I linked has some errors.

Basically you conquer everything. And then if you still don't have it you have to manually check every. single. county. and make sure you have all the baronies inside each county.

The hard part of the achievement is the final 20% or so as trying to maintain that massive empire while going after the last few places is a lot more difficult than it seems. Especially since you're in ironman so if you fuck up, you basically wasted a few days of work.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: December 26, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »

I love this game, but I feel it's best to focus on the stories and your legacy rather than how much land you finish the game with. So much bullshittery can happen.

I really loved playing the game with my friend but he's a little bit of a bad loser and he refused to play it with me after he got a huge rebellion once that split his country in half. Luckily my purchase of Charlemagne and Way Of Life has convinced him to take another look recently. :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: December 26, 2014, 10:06:33 pm »

Ah that's a huge pain, but either way you can't change both succession laws and crown authority during the same ruler. I recommend just upgrading your holdings as fast as possible.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: December 26, 2014, 10:06:48 pm »

I have established a VERY irritating problem.

I cannot pass minimal crown authority. It sits at 87-95/190 votes. All the time. And no matter what I do, nobody is willing to change their minds. This is problematic because I want to change the succession laws, (decided to be a kingdom instead of a merchant republic, in the end.) so when my 67 year old ruler dies, I'll end up with a fucking tribal holding AGAIN because of the guys just going 'lolnope. Go fuck yourself, no crown authority!'
May sound counter intuitive, but try to pop a faction, they will no longer be your vassals technically, their nay votes wont count.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: December 27, 2014, 02:05:57 am »

Yes...far north is terrible...I am playing as Norway (well forming norway) and if you do not attack in the summer its GG lol

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: December 27, 2014, 02:51:04 am »

In my Suomi Empire game, I had a hell of a time fighting Svithjod and Norway until I rushed Military Organization up to 4 and got rid of Pagan Homeland attrition. Once that was in place, only the very furthest place like Finnmark were a problem, and even then only really in winter.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: December 27, 2014, 03:41:59 am »

I managed to hurt the Aztecs enough that they haven't declared war on anyone since the initial invasion of Connacht, which is now Nahua instead of Irish for whatever reason (they didn't even conquer it!). Lost northern Ireland to Norway due to inheritance, and a coupla scottish counties to England, but I've been steadily winning them back due partially to my great alliances - Aquitaine, Navarra, Leon, Castille, the BYZANTINE EMPIRE and Poland joined the war, but only Aquitaine and Navarra (Navarra because they had french holdings north of Aquitaine and south of Breatan Bhaig/Normandy) supplied soldiers (10k each). It's all the more impressive, because Sasana/England called our cousins in Norway into the war.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: December 28, 2014, 09:24:10 am »

So I want to play the "after the end" mod, but it crashes on startup. I guess I need to revert to an earlier version of CKII, which one would work?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: December 28, 2014, 10:07:42 am »

So I want to play the "after the end" mod, but it crashes on startup. I guess I need to revert to an earlier version of CKII, which one would work?
I think it was the 2.1.1 beta
If it is not that one, then 2.2.1
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: December 28, 2014, 10:41:03 am »

.3 is 2.2.1, the version on github is up to date though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6656 on: December 28, 2014, 12:30:43 pm »

I've never had the Aztec Invasion trigger in a non-spectator game, usually have it off or don't get that far.
Kind of bizarre that they don't suffer attrition.  Even if these Aztecs are super good at foraging there wouldn't be enough local resources to feed and pay a huge horde like that and unlike the Mongols they have an ocean between them and the homeland.  The Europeans suffered horrible supply problems going to the Americas despite coming in tiny numbers, with better overall tech than the alternate history Aztecs have.  Plus the horrible diseases issue would be made a million times worse by having a 200,000 soldiers in the same place and everything that entails.
To be fair, touching Europe is a bad idea for them that ultimately results in their entire civilization getting wrecked by Yurodisease

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: December 28, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »

It's working in 2.2.1. I started as some High Church count up in the Maritimes, and then did the mistake of swearing fealty to my religion chief. I'll need to fight a war of independence at some point, which is going to be harsh...

In the meantime, the Occultists have manage to unify New England and are just brushing aside Crusades and getting provinces here and there. If their King don't die soon, I'm done for.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: December 28, 2014, 02:52:55 pm »

When I controlled the Maritimes (plus some Quebecois provinces) I was easily able to go toe to toe with the Occultists. Pretty sure most of Maine is one-settlement tribal provinces, so they're a paper tiger. Crusades aren't powerful in this game because each crusading religion doesn't have many rulers to contribute.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: December 28, 2014, 04:26:49 pm »

Well, I broke free, I now control four provinces, plus two provinces owned by a vassal. On a good day, I can get 3000 troops. I think I'll blob a bit more in the maritime before starting moving on the Occultist. And get my military organization up a bit.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1002