Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092303 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6060 on: September 23, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »

Oh, hey, I've still got a Bay12 forums account.

So, uh, this is a bit of a shameless plug, but I was one of the top developers on the AGOT mod (you know the duels? that was me) and my new CK2 total conversion project is due for an alpha release at the end of the month. I figured it couldn't hurt to make the rounds of what CK2 communities I can and try to gin up some interest.

So, for your consideration, I present Crisis of the Confederation.
You better add a pirate faction or *in-space* wont be realist :P  Also ship capture XD.
No plausible sci-fi universe doesn't have space whales.  Its unbelievable.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 24, 2014, 01:19:57 am »

Looking forward not!tyranids "sunset invasion".
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 24, 2014, 01:33:21 am »

I hope you're going to put in Alien Space Bats at some point especially considering this is a paradox game.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 24, 2014, 01:45:50 am »

"comet sighted"

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #6064 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:13 am »

Of course there's going to be space pirates. No aliens yet. The big endgame threat is the not!Borg.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: September 24, 2014, 11:41:12 am »

But no way to change the units packs, so the spaceship look like infantrymen?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: September 24, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »

Unfortunately, yes. The game uses a proprietary model format.

It is possible to replace the models with ones from HoI3, if you have it. I may look into making a submod that does that at some point. It's not a huge improvement, but at least the ships will look like some kind of ship.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: September 24, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »

You cite Dune as one of the inspiration, any reasons why you didn't go full Dune (I like Dune. :p)? How close would you say it is to the Duneverse?

I just wanted to make an original setting, mostly. In general, the universe won't be very Dune at the beginning, but it's intended to get significantly Dune-ier as the game goes on. It's actually more directly inspired by Fading Suns.

I love the Fading Suns universe.  Plus, Fading Suns was in many ways derivative of Dune, so in that way it's still close to being inspired by Dune.

Of course there's going to be space pirates. No aliens yet. The big endgame threat is the not!Borg.

Makes sense, since you've already included the Borg as a playable faction...   :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: September 25, 2014, 06:12:06 am »

Hmm those tech trees look interesting. Cybernetics and Biotechnology?

Would be kinda odd to have full Cybernetics but no medicine though XD.

So on that note, is tech going to be as slow to develop as in NotSPACE CK2?

And do those Not!Borg start with a bonus to Cybernetics or what? Do ANY factions start with tech slots filled?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: September 25, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »

You cite Dune as one of the inspiration, any reasons why you didn't go full Dune (I like Dune. :p)? How close would you say it is to the Duneverse?

I just wanted to make an original setting, mostly. In general, the universe won't be very Dune at the beginning, but it's intended to get significantly Dune-ier as the game goes on. It's actually more directly inspired by Fading Suns.

I love the Fading Suns universe.  Plus, Fading Suns was in many ways derivative of Dune, so in that way it's still close to being inspired by Dune.

That's what I meant by "more directly." In part, it's kind of a spiritual sequel to Emperor of the Fading Suns, although set during the fall of the Second Republic rather than the Emperor Wars.

Hmm those tech trees look interesting. Cybernetics and Biotechnology?

Would be kinda odd to have full Cybernetics but no medicine though XD.

Well, "zero" on all the tech scales represents the level of technology in 2998, so you can assume that everyone knows how to do surgery even if they don't have any medical tech. More medical tech just makes you better at it.

So on that note, is tech going to be as slow to develop as in NotSPACE CK2?

Not sure yet. My ideal goal is that you should max out tech just before the game's time frame ends, which in turn should be just before the game gets boring. I don't know exactly how long that will take yet.

And do those Not!Borg start with a bonus to Cybernetics or what? Do ANY factions start with tech slots filled?

You actually need a certain level of Cybernetics to invent the Hiver implant in the first place (which is what makes them a late-game threat). They do, however, get indirect cybernetics bonuses in the form of special buildings.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: September 28, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

I found that watching an LP helped immensely.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: September 28, 2014, 03:22:51 pm »

I found that dying repeatedly helped me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: September 28, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »

I'm regretting getting this game. The in game tutorial AND online tutorials have failed to help me understand much about this game.

I think the hardest thing for me to grasp was how self-directed the game is.  Even in sandbox games there's generally some kind of sequence of things you should do at the beginning of a game.  In CK it varies a lot.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: September 28, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

I'm regretting getting this game. The in game tutorial AND online tutorials have failed to help me understand much about this game.
Paradox games are very user directed. In a strategy game like Civ you literally can't advance unless you've done a bunch of the things you need to do. In CK2 you need to set your own goals and work towards achieving them while reacting to some other stuff. You'll potentially not have anything to react to at all for quite a while.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: September 28, 2014, 04:38:10 pm »

Paradox games are very user directed. In a strategy game like Civ you literally can't advance unless you've done a bunch of the things you need to do. In CK2 you need to set your own goals and work towards achieving them while reacting to some other stuff. You'll potentially not have anything to react to at all for quite a while.

I had the same feeling when I just started out with the original Crusader Kings game.  It wasn't until I read some LPs that I realized how awesome this game series is.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1002