Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094296 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5505 on: June 10, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »

I wish there was a button to highlight vassal holdings in your own realm, because the little thin and thick lines just don't do it for me.
there's a "direct vassals" mapmode for that.

Oh, I see it now...  Thanks :D

I know this is probably crazy, but I wish vassals would trade holdings with each other to become more contiguous and de-jure.  Particularly if encouraged to do so.  Maybe a way to revoke non-contiguous non-de-jure holdings and instantly give them to a more appropriate vassal without incurring tyranny, or as much.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: June 10, 2014, 01:54:37 pm »

Rolan7, my current game began as an Ironman Gotland. It's really quite fun. Basically the cheesiest easiest way to get some land is to fabricate a claim, wait until your neighbour goes raiding, then declare and take all his stuff.

I also alternated between propping Denmark and Sweden up; eventually I sided with Denmark so they could reform the Norse faith.

Currently, I control the Kingdom of Finland, the area of Estonia, some bits of northern Germany, Cornwall, and of course, Gotland.

Good luck! :D
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: June 10, 2014, 02:05:57 pm »

I wish there was a way to automatically reposition vassals to have their de jure properties...I am OCD in that sense but its also a matter of organization...instead half the time I will have a duke of one area with land and a capital in a totally different area...gets really annoying

The point of not being able to shift your vassals lands around easily is A a king's vassals usually had formal rights and B playing as a vassal is supposed to be a viable way to play the game, it wouldn't be if you were restricted to your de jure lands.

I am completely aware of that...doesn't mean I dont wish I had some way of doing it lol

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: June 10, 2014, 02:45:58 pm »

I'm 100% certain the "you get the same tax and levy no matter the number of rung" is false though. At least for taxes.
This was debunked. You just have to try. Take a duchy with a few counts, look at the number of levies. Assign a duke. Wait a month for the numbers to update : you have the same exact numbers. And just look at the money from the title screen (edit : that's assuming you have feudal taxes).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:53:40 pm by PanH »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: June 10, 2014, 02:50:50 pm »

I wish there was a button to highlight vassal holdings in your own realm, because the little thin and thick lines just don't do it for me.
there's a "direct vassals" mapmode for that.

Oh, I see it now...  Thanks :D

I know this is probably crazy, but I wish vassals would trade holdings with each other to become more contiguous and de-jure.  Particularly if encouraged to do so.  Maybe a way to revoke non-contiguous non-de-jure holdings and instantly give them to a more appropriate vassal without incurring tyranny, or as much.
Ah, but that's their patrimony (even if it was taken by a fabricated claim just last year); I mean, they can murder their own children, plot against their sworn liege-lord, listen to the Devil, or even sack the holiest of holy cities, but heaven forfend one should expect them to give up their rights by blood in order to even out the borders and create contiguous, easily-administrated, and logical territorial divisions.  Besides, how would we end up with this kind of lovely empire otherwise? :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:24 pm »

Rolan7, my current game began as an Ironman Gotland. It's really quite fun. Basically the cheesiest easiest way to get some land is to fabricate a claim, wait until your neighbour goes raiding, then declare and take all his stuff.

I also alternated between propping Denmark and Sweden up; eventually I sided with Denmark so they could reform the Norse faith.

Currently, I control the Kingdom of Finland, the area of Estonia, some bits of northern Germany, Cornwall, and of course, Gotland.

Thanks!  Sadly Denmark is already Catholic, and so is my heir despite me sending him to the Pegn Tengil the Liberator (Norse) to be educated.  1066 start.  I've resigned myself to finally playing non-pagan for the first time in... a while.  A raiding trade republic sounds like just too much money anyway :P

(Who am I kidding, there's no such thing)

Besides, how would we end up with this kind of lovely empire otherwise? :P
Nnnng!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:11 pm »

Thanks!  Sadly Denmark is already Catholic, and so is my heir despite me sending him to the Pegn Tengil the Liberator (Norse) to be educated.  1066 start.  I've resigned myself to finally playing non-pagan for the first time in... a while.  A raiding trade republic sounds like just too much money anyway :P

(Who am I kidding, there's no such thing)

Besides, how would we end up with this kind of lovely empire otherwise? :P
Nnnng!

Aww, oh well. :)

I was playing from a 867 start, which tbh is probably a bit easier once you grease the wheels and take your first bits of land.  Can you even have pagan republics? Because that would be brutally insane. XD
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: June 10, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

I was playing from a 867 start, which tbh is probably a bit easier once you grease the wheels and take your first bits of land.  Can you even have pagan republics? Because that would be brutally insane. XD
Gotland can be one.
Can you create a republican vassal anyway? I'd be happy to make myself one, just for the ego stroking effect of looking at the republic mapmode.

EDIT: never mind that, any mayor holding ducal title or higher automatically becomes the head of a merchant republic. So the best way to get that republic kickstarted is now to bash the shit out of holland and france, grab their provinces, and give them to mister mayor. Not a big problem. Norse holland republic, sounds fun.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:10:32 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: June 10, 2014, 06:08:16 pm »

I believe there are events in the game where if you own certain provinces at certain dates, you're given the option to fund a merchant republic.

I've only ever created one using that method and I regretted it severely.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: June 10, 2014, 06:12:36 pm »

I always create several merchant republics, for cash, looking at mapmode and ships.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: June 10, 2014, 06:16:36 pm »

I always create several merchant republics, for cash, looking at mapmode and ships.
For me it's really only the mapmode thing.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: June 10, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »

Okay, what would be the best way to down an Abbasid Empire. It's just so big it'll take forever to grab enough lands to usurp the title. My current strategy is to focus on Muslims holy site to destabilize the thing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »

Okay, what would be the best way to down an Abbasid Empire. It's just so big it'll take forever to grab enough lands to usurp the title. My current strategy is to focus on Muslims holy site to destabilize the thing.

Chip away at it. The holy site idea is good; capture lands in Arabia and Egypt if you can, possibly consider splitting the empire in two by going for Mesopotamia or something. It depends on how big the empire is.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »

Do the usual assassinate, conquer, repeat.

1. Declare war for largest slice of land.
2. Win.
3. Assassinate enemy leader somehow.
4. Declare war for largest slice of land again.
5. Check the enemy leader's relations with his vassals. If they hate him, just wait a bit.
6. Conquer the revolting countries. To save time, just declare war on all of them in one go.
7. Once you've eaten everything you can, assassinate the enemy leader again.
8. Repeat.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: June 10, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »

Gotland can be one.
Can you create a republican vassal anyway? I'd be happy to make myself one, just for the ego stroking effect of looking at the republic mapmode.

EDIT: never mind that, any mayor holding ducal title or higher automatically becomes the head of a merchant republic. So the best way to get that republic kickstarted is now to bash the shit out of holland and france, grab their provinces, and give them to mister mayor. Not a big problem. Norse holland republic, sounds fun.

Unless it changed recently, the mayor must have a coastal province in order to become a merchant republic when given a duchy.  Hence why Gotland can be one (it's on the sea).
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1002