Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094336 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5445 on: June 06, 2014, 01:22:09 pm »

That's what confuses me too. GOT's download links (on the Pdox forums) are Mod Database and Mediafire. It's not like you can upload mods to the forums or anything.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5446 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:43 pm »

So I just learned the danger of invisible event troops. That Seljuk guy sure left a lot of doods to his successor. I expected that it would be possible to see if your neighbor has 30k troops in his lands before you attack him.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: June 06, 2014, 01:52:16 pm »

This is an excellent question. I used holy war, but I deliberately installed lords of the native ethnicity/religion wherever I went.

This is so Owlbready I burst out laughing upon reading it.

I do almost the same thing, particularly whenever I myself play a small or extinct culture. Making sure Pommeranians never disappear (and restoring Pommeranian rulers to Pommerian regions) is a favourite of mine, and whenever I play as that Lübecker guy (forgive me - Liubicer) I can never congquer the Baltic regions without making sure they have proper representation.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: June 06, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »

So, some questions for people with a better understanding of EUIV and converting than I do.

I'm playing a rather entertaining game as Kingdom of Nubia that I intend to turn into a megacampaign.  My question is: how worried should I be that I'm playing as an African nation?  If I have have a bunch of high level holdings in my realm and a lot of tech at my capital, am I still going to be converted as a weak minor power?  How much is the African Tech group going to cripple me if I have a lot of land?

Finally, how much does it matter if another nation is of my dynasty?  I ask because I managed to get a dynasty member to be Byzantine Emperor, and yes he did convert everyone to the Miaphysite faith.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: June 06, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »

As far as I know your tech group depend on your tech level. Moving your capital to Alexandria or something might help you. As for dynasty members, I suggest you convert with a young ruler on the throne, or you risk  being the younger partner in a PU quickly.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: June 06, 2014, 11:40:32 pm »

Well I don't think it will matter, apparently I accidentally ignored a call to arms against a rebel faction and my dynasty is out of power in the empire now.

I heard the call to arms sound and no icon came down once, I think that's when it happened.

As for tech I'm higher than average so I should be fine.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: June 06, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »

I have the most awesome Marshall, not only is he a heretic, have all Seven deadly sins, is a coward, is possessed, no skills other then martial, and is dumb, he has THIRTY SEVEN martial, twenty of which is his base stats the other twenty is because Jesus decided he need to be better at killing, also I'm now considering becoming a Lollard now.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:56 am »

pics?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: June 07, 2014, 12:28:37 am »

Well I don't think it will matter, apparently I accidentally ignored a call to arms against a rebel faction and my dynasty is out of power in the empire now.

I heard the call to arms sound and no icon came down once, I think that's when it happened.

As for tech I'm higher than average so I should be fine.

AFAIK what actually counts is the location of your capital. Just move it somewhere in Europe and you'll have Western tech when you convert.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: June 07, 2014, 02:29:53 am »

I have the most awesome Marshall, not only is he a heretic, have all Seven deadly sins, is a coward, is possessed, no skills other then martial, and is dumb, he has THIRTY SEVEN martial, twenty of which is his base stats the other twenty is because Jesus decided he need to be better at killing, also I'm now considering becoming a Lollard now.

Heh, my ruler just had that event chain.  Your Marshall is the antichrist.  I'm not joking.

Here's a picture I took this morning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My game is not modded.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: June 07, 2014, 03:04:06 am »

I'm having real trouble keeping decadence down now and if I imprison anymore of the decadent dynasty members then the indepence faction is just getting more and more support. But its either that or the 75% decadence doomsday. (I dont actually know what happens when it rises to that level and I don't want to know.)

Your best bet is to go to war, for all those sweet decadence-reducing effects.  Sieges and battles lead by your liege reduce decadence, and if you manage to acquire any more territory then you can give it to your unlanded dynasty members (they're the ones that really contribute to your decadence score).  Make sure that your vassals, especially the disloyal ones, do as much fighting as possible, so their levies are depleted and yours aren't.  Furthermore, try to war with someone that doesn't share your religion, so everyone will get a bonus to relations for fighting infidels.

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: June 07, 2014, 03:24:17 am »

AFAIK what actually counts is the location of your capital. Just move it somewhere in Europe and you'll have Western tech when you convert.
It's actually due to a bunch of things, one of which is your capital location, Religion is one, Catholics automatically enter the western tech group, the tech level of your Realm not counties, and there are a couple countries which get a bonus to tech groups.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: June 07, 2014, 08:38:46 am »

Heh, my ruler just had that event chain.  Your Marshall is the antichrist.  I'm not joking.

Here's a picture I took this morning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My game is not modded.

He is Maimed so I just have to wait now.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5458 on: June 07, 2014, 08:52:31 am »

The armies that surprised me weren't invisible, they just didnt have their number box under them like usually armies have so I didn't notice at first. Probably because they were event troops.

Is there a way to marry ourself to foreign throne as muslim? Muslim women cant have titles and they dont get claims and theres no matrilinear marriage so I dont know if it's possible.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: June 07, 2014, 12:20:24 pm »

I'm fairly certain I saw women muslim claimants.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1002