Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094375 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5415 on: June 05, 2014, 01:58:20 am »

You can put absolute cognatic without being basque or cathar ? Or did they changed (or you modded) the requirements ?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: June 05, 2014, 03:32:56 am »

This is an excellent question. I used holy war, but I deliberately installed lords of the native ethnicity/religion wherever I went.

This is so Owlbready I burst out laughing upon reading it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: June 05, 2014, 03:56:40 am »

I'm surprised Owlbread hasn't modded his game so every province has it's own culture and religion.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5418 on: June 05, 2014, 09:09:57 am »

I'm having real trouble keeping decadence down now and if I imprison anymore of the decadent dynasty members then the indepence faction is just getting more and more support. But its either that or the 75% decadence doomsday. (I dont actually know what happens when it rises to that level and I don't want to know.)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: June 05, 2014, 09:12:57 am »

Decadence revolts.

You... could fabricate evidence against the more powerful Independence guys, and then imprison them?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: June 05, 2014, 09:35:17 am »

You can fabricate evidence?

Anyway, isn't decadence ridiculously easy to keep down?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:34 am »

Last I checked, it's a character-specific plot you can select from their character sheet.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: June 05, 2014, 09:44:41 am »

The only character-specific plot I can do from their character sheet is murdering them.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: June 05, 2014, 09:58:12 am »

Are you checking your vassals or other people? It's an (obviously) vassal-only thing, as it just gives you 'evidence' to imprison courtiers and vassals without a tyranny penalty.

Edit: Oh, it might be CK2+ only :v

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:01 am »

Yeah, CK2+ would be my guess. Could I play a CK2 save with CK2+?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:14 am »

... Probably wouldn't hurt to try? If you keep a back-up at least.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: June 05, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »

You can buy ck2 and all DLC (not the newest one) for 20 dollars at bundlestar. Cheaper than steam. Other steam competitors had it at 20 too for a day...steam is more expensive lol.

I went with bundlestars and its installing now :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: June 05, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

You can put absolute cognatic without being basque or cathar ? Or did they changed (or you modded) the requirements ?

Better Gender Laws mod.  It makes it possible to go full enatic, but not easy...
To move the laws (except away from full agnatic or full enatic) you need to be of the gender you're rooting for.
You can only move one step per generation, after 10 years of rule, and all vassals count or above must have positive opinion of you.

Plus, as I just discovered, even switching to Cognatic *really* angers the vassals.  Even the female ones have a -10 or -20, but all my male vassals have a -50 "Wrong Gender Law" opinion, and I don't know if it wears off... ever?  The law doesn't even effect Sweden yet, just Denmark, but I think (from memory) everybody got the malus.  Which sucks because now I can't update the law in Sweden, because I have at least one unhappy vassal ):<

My retinue is more than enough to crush anything they could raise, so I *could* imprison everyone to enforce the new world order.  But I think I'll see how this plays out for a bit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: June 05, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »

@Descan
The plot invloves revoking your direct vassals' counties. Basically if a vassal holds anything outside de jure territory(for dukes and kings) or more than one county(for counts) you can plot to revoke the title without all of your vassals hating you. Beware/Enjoy the inevitable rebellion* that always happens when you put the plot into motion - when you win the war not only you succeed with the plot, but you have the right to revoke another title and noone will object as the vassal is a traitor.

*I played a game where every county is independent no matter when you start, and managed to form the Byzantine Empire in ~120 years.  I had a moment where I was only missing piety to form the empire, so I killed time with sorting out the titles. A retinue of 15000 is not to be fucked with, which my vassals quickly found out as I crushed every single revolt they started. And since there were a few dukes that held, like, 5 counties outside de jure duchy territory, there were quite a lot of them.
Once I became the Basileus, revocation of duchy titles became free.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »

Any mods you guys recommend? I have all DLC, including rajas of India.

I don't want game of thrones one.

Ck2 plus is perfect but not up to date for RoI.

So any others? Ck2 plus is no good. Any others that are similar, up to date and also use RoI and other dlcs?

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1002