Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094292 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5460 on: June 07, 2014, 02:33:18 pm »

I'm fairly certain I saw women muslim claimants.

I'm fairly certain I saw bigfoot.
I'm also fairly certain these were the same person.

What I'm saying is I doubt you saw female bigfoot muslim claimants (which is now stuck in my head to the tune of TMNT)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 07, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

Well, I was playing an orthodox, but looking at the "claimant" tabs of a muslim title showed muslim women. Didn't actually try to press a claim or anything.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 07, 2014, 04:09:38 pm »

Well, I was playing an orthodox, but looking at the "claimant" tabs of a muslim title showed muslim women. Didn't actually try to press a claim or anything.

Its possible that Muslim women still get weak claims, can't say I've ever payed much attention, but women can't inherit in agnatic or push weak claims in under any circumstances in agnatic.

*Edit*
Its also possible the Muslim women with claims you saw were converts.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:13:44 pm by Sindain »
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 07, 2014, 04:25:45 pm »

You can push your own claims to an agnatic title even if you're a woman.  Which makes a certain amount of sense to me at least, I mean you're taking advantage of the "rule of law of having slaughtered anyone who could stop you" system.

That being said its essentially impossible to play as a Muslim woman, because they need to hold a landed title to be playable in the first place, and all Muslim titles are automatically agnatic.  The only way I could think of would be to play as a non-Muslim woman and convert, or to set up your inheritance so that a Muslim daughter inherits when you yourself are not Muslim.  Of course if she does inherit the game would switch the title to agnatic, meaning she retroactively couldn't have inherited, meaning there would be no need to switch the title to agnatic, meaning she could inherit... causing a time paradox.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: June 07, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

You can push your own claims to an agnatic title even if you're a woman.  Which makes a certain amount of sense to me at least, I mean you're taking advantage of the "rule of law of having slaughtered anyone who could stop you" system.
Ah yes, the most common of the inhertance systems used historically.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: June 07, 2014, 06:26:20 pm »

AFAIK what actually counts is the location of your capital. Just move it somewhere in Europe and you'll have Western tech when you convert.
It's actually due to a bunch of things, one of which is your capital location, Religion is one, Catholics automatically enter the western tech group, the tech level of your Realm not counties, and there are a couple countries which get a bonus to tech groups.

Another thing to add to this being Catholic doesn't matter I saw one case where after exporting my first Norse game the few remaining Catholic kingdoms where all eastern tech, all all Norse kingdoms in Europe were all Western, what matter is being the dominate religion in the western part. I should be able to hopefully repeat this in a week or two.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: June 07, 2014, 08:32:57 pm »

On exporting: If through Sunset Invasion or Ruler Designer you had a game where the Aztec religion dominated, would that end up in the the special SI tech group or the western tech group.

For that matter, what happens country-wise if that occurs? Do the "European" Aztecs and the normal Aztecs in Mexico combine or do they become separate countries in EU4?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »

It's likely through the title, i.e. the Aztec Emperor is emperor of the New World colonies and the Old Worlds northern empire, counter to the Inca. So if you don't have that title, you wouldn't have the Aztec Old World empire.

Though I don't know what'd happen to the technology, especially if you don't hold the title or aren't Nahuatl yourself (i.e. an English convert).

(What? Of course North America would be the "Old World", the Aztecs are the new Western Civilization and Europe is the one discovered, conquered, and colonized. Old World = the area the main Terran viewpoint originates from, in a Sunset world, that's North America.

Now I want to write a book.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: June 07, 2014, 10:00:41 pm »

Is there a way to roll back the map to how it was pre-Rajas of India beyond just using an old update? I'm trying to get CK2 working on my laptop.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #5469 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:24 pm »

pewpewpewtw

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: June 08, 2014, 12:36:55 am »

Is there a way to roll back the map to how it was pre-Rajas of India beyond just using an old update? I'm trying to get CK2 working on my laptop.

If I remember right opt into beta 2.0.4 or whatever it should be the one before RoI was released, 2.1 is the current version.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: June 09, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

So, I started an Old Gods game in Ireland, classic newbie island stuff just to goof around.  Get the usual "Crusades have started," this time aimed at pagan Hungary, which I largely ignored.  I then get a message saying that the Crusade for Greece has been won.  Puzzled, I look over, and...
Spoiler: Beeg image (click to show/hide)
So, it seems we're a bit ahead of schedule, considering we've hit the Fourth Crusade without even doing the first three.  And, like the Fourth Crusade, it was pretty much the death knell of the Eastern Romans.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: June 09, 2014, 11:25:14 pm »

S.P.Q.R. achievement get!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was quite interesting to get. It wasn't hard per se... but keeping all your vassals in line while expanding at such a speed can be a challenge. Also, having to fight on 4 fronts at the same time is quite challenging as well. All the changes they made to make conquering stuff harder can certainly be felt. The significantly more difficult rebels also become quite the nuisance.

I nearly lost the game in the final 40 years. My previous emperor died suddenly at a young age from typhoid fever. This is the absolute worst thing that can happen to me, as my playstyle always involves ultimogeniture (youngest child inherits all). So suddenly I had a 1 year old emperor and the entire empire rose up in triple revolt (reduce authority + replace ruler + independence). Fun times.

The game is also very finicky about which baronies you need, so I spent the last 3 hours manually searching through every single province finding lost stuff I needed for the achievement.

This is not my biggest empire I've done in the game, but it's certainly the fastest. Did it in only 270 years. So not even halfway through the game yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: June 10, 2014, 01:29:39 am »

Why on Earth do you play with Ultimogeniture? Currently I'm also doing a Roman Empire game, but my gimmick is that I want to hold both the ERE and WRE (Aka, Byzantine and HRE) titles. In Elective. Fuck it's hard.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #5474 on: June 10, 2014, 01:51:23 am »

Why on Earth do you play with Ultimogeniture?
Although it's not the system I personally use, it allows you to kind of pick and choose between kids with good and bad stats (to some extent). Don't like a successor? Pop another out! Most importantly, I think, is that it reduces short reign penalties as they're likely to rule longer.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1002