Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094367 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5400 on: June 03, 2014, 08:05:08 pm »

Welp, just picked up SoA and RoI. Wish me luck trying to create the British Raj.

With the Welsh, surely? Or the Bretons?
No, no, silly...there's an achievement for ruling Britannia with a Hindu/Jain/Buddhist ruler.

Call it a pre-emptive strike.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »

It's pretty easy, especially since there's no time limit.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: June 03, 2014, 08:51:16 pm »

Welp, just picked up SoA and RoI. Wish me luck trying to create the British Raj.

With the Welsh, surely? Or the Bretons?
No, no, silly...there's an achievement for ruling Britannia with a Hindu/Jain/Buddhist ruler.

Call it a pre-emptive strike.
You know, I haven't actually looked through the achievements for this game since I never actually bother...how long has Dwarf Fortress been an achievement? :D

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »

Since the game was released, I think.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »

Since the game was released, I think.

Game didn't even have achievements at release.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: June 04, 2014, 04:19:45 am »

Owlbread, what CBs did you use to have such a clusterfuck? In you position, I'd assume mostly Holy War, but they'd let you install people of your religion. And why don't you revoke their titles when they rebels to install lords of the right ethnicity/religion?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:23 am »

Owlbread, what CBs did you use to have such a clusterfuck? In you position, I'd assume mostly Holy War, but they'd let you install people of your religion. And why don't you revoke their titles when they rebels to install lords of the right ethnicity/religion?

This is an excellent question. I used holy war, but I deliberately installed lords of the native ethnicity/religion wherever I went.

My Abyssinia campaign is actually a Semien campaign, so I plan on retiring to Israel as soon as I can. My concern was that I would be surrounded by vast Muslim entities like the Empire of Arabia, so I decided to break Islam's grip by introducing other religions to the mix. I thought of just going with Judaism but that would be boring, so I decided to bring everything back to the way it was (or as close as possible to) pre-Islamic conquest.

The plan is to create a Nestorian Levantine Kingdom of Mesopotamia, Orthodox Levantine Kingdom of Syria etc. I'm nearly there - Egypt is now all Coptic and I've started work on invading Barbary and Persia. I hope to create several West African Kingdoms in Africa, including two Berber states. I rescued Zoroastrianism somehow so I'll take my time on that too. All these Kingdoms are going to be independent at some point for EUIV conversion.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: June 04, 2014, 11:30:16 am »

That is going to be really really hard to keep together for an amount of time.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: June 04, 2014, 11:44:22 am »

That is going to be really really hard to keep together for an amount of time.

It is actually quite doable, provided I always keep a doomstack retinue + mercenaries in reserve to crush the rebels.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:48 pm »

ALL of the DLC are on sale.
I never thought I'd live to see that day.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: June 04, 2014, 03:07:56 pm »

Happy days and jubilation!
I went ahead and got a bunch of music and portraits out of gratitude.  My hours/dollar value for this game is still amazing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:33:33 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:43 pm »

I am kinda irked...bought the last few things I didnt have the other day...

DLC 67% off the next day -.-

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: June 04, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

It's a known fact that these sales exist only to pull that. Had you not bought it, the DLCs wouldn't have gone on sale.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: June 04, 2014, 07:23:39 pm »

most likely lol

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: June 04, 2014, 07:33:42 pm »

I have a "Better Gender Law" playthrough I'm trying to finish up before I mess with india or abrahamic features.  I'm playing Denmark, Old Gods start, and I lucked out and got two daughters and no sons for my third generation.  So I'm now the Queen of Denmark which will allow me to move laws to "absolute cognatic" in 10 years (if I can get my vassals happy).

The great part is that I'm unmarried, so I only have one heir: my sister!  That means she can inherit everything I get despite Gavelkind, so she can become Empress.  I can subjugate nearly all of Sweden with my free claim-a-kingdom pagan casus belli, then die, then she can conquer all of Norway the same way.  Then it's just a matter of conquering a few individual counties to reach 80%, and then all Scandinavia will be Absolute Cognatic!

Just a couple problems.  I apparently forgot to educate my current character, so she has no traits D:  Fortunately she's a grey eminence so I think I can manage.

The other problem is avoiding heirs, because I'm an unreformed pagan which means gavelkind.  Basically means I can't marry.  As far as I can tell, males *never* get too old to breed.  No one on the matrilineal marriage list has the chaste trait, either.

No matter... I had a great Blot and a year of raiding which jumped my prestige from 50 to 554, and the short reign maluses are dropping like crazy.  I'll just be a virgin queen, declare gender equality after 10 years, then conquer Norway and make it Cognatic too.  Whether my heir is male or female, they'll inherit the Cognatic law and bring it to Scandinavia.

Oh right, last weird thing...  My sister just had an infant son who is set to inherit my only jarldom.  Wtf.  She gets the kingdom and my three counties, while her son inherits my jarldom??
Just to make things weirder, my uncle got the other jarldom when my father died.  He got the jarldom which contains all three of my counties, while I got a jarldom in which I have no counties.  Now he hates me, of course, because he desires my capital county.

Inheritance is complicated.  I hope making it cognatic will make it a *little* easier to follow, just by taking out the gender overrides.

Edit:
Okay that thing I do when I chase enemy armies to wipe them out?  I can see how maybe that's a dick thing to do.  Now that the AI is doing it to me really hard.  Maybe I shouldn't have sent my retinue in first for a deep strike... But hey, a third of it finally managed to retreat to my main army, and combined I still have the advantage.  (Assuming Poland doesn't send many troops...  Which they SHOULDN'T, because my father honored alliance and helped forge their kingdom!  As in "actually sent troops and got as much warscore as them", not "Oh sure we'll technically be at war with your enemies, good luck!")

Ah, that feel when 20 ships appear out of nowhere but only drop off 10 men.

The backstabbing king of Poland did send a lot of men... Fortunately they're wandering my lands at random, uncertain what to actually seige.  I can probably handle them once my retinue regenerates, and in the meantime I have wreaked full and bloody vengeance on the army of Sweden itself.

The enemy "King Eirikr the Wise" decided to personally lead 5 troops next to my stack of 2722.  I don't think he's actually wise at all.  Sadly he teleported back to Uppland when confronted.

Went to Uppland, captured his heir and his capital.  Warscore ho!  Expeditiously retreated a week before the Polish doomstack arrived, neener neener.  Need to regenerate more due to compulsive wall-storming.

My uncle, that Jarl of Jylland?  That Jarl of all the counties I own, where he owns none?  Just implemented "Minimal City Taxes" in Jylland.  I will make him pay for that, somehow.

Had to smash another 2000 troops from Poland, but won the war.  Released all the Norse prisoners, back to raiding East Francia and running out that 10-year timer on switching to Cognatic.  But then!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267348284

Yeah, that won't be happening.  Should have offered matrilineal, at least, seeing as the kid's like 5th in line to the succession.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:44:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1002