Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090377 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5295 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:27 pm »

So just started a game It's been 16 years reformed the Norse, conquered large chunks of Germany and Sweden, Between my two different wives and three concubines I have had nine daughters and I'm guessing about four more by the end of the current year with my luck. This is going to end bad.
Nah, a daughter's inheritance is OK as long as you have a decent diplomacy score, especially since you're reformed, are (I would hope) no longer locked in gavelkind, and thus don't have to worry about splitting your inheritance 13 ways.  Now, if your genius and sole heir starts head-spinning and speaking in dark tongues while members of your court mysteriously start to drop dead, then you might have a bit of an issue... :P
Under gavelkind, Daughters don't inherit if any sons survive (you don't have Absolute Cognatic, I'm sure), and if no children are alive then you default the primogeniture.  Overall, just make sure your heir has good intrigue...
Ah, he didn't mention having any sons, and I could have sworn that under gavelkind, if you have multiple daughters and no sons, it still splits up your inheritance between the daughters.  Did I get that wrong?

No, that's right, as long as its ag-cog.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: April 24, 2014, 06:07:35 pm »

So just started a game It's been 16 years reformed the Norse, conquered large chunks of Germany and Sweden, Between my two different wives and three concubines I have had nine daughters and I'm guessing about four more by the end of the current year with my luck. This is going to end bad.
Nah, a daughter's inheritance is OK as long as you have a decent diplomacy score, especially since you're reformed, are (I would hope) no longer locked in gavelkind, and thus don't have to worry about splitting your inheritance 13 ways.  Now, if your genius and sole heir starts head-spinning and speaking in dark tongues while members of your court mysteriously start to drop dead, then you might have a bit of an issue... :P
Under gavelkind, Daughters don't inherit if any sons survive (you don't have Absolute Cognatic, I'm sure), and if no children are alive then you default the primogeniture.  Overall, just make sure your heir has good intrigue...
Ah, he didn't mention having any sons, and I could have sworn that under gavelkind, if you have multiple daughters and no sons, it still splits up your inheritance between the daughters.  Did I get that wrong?

No, that's right, as long as its ag-cog.

Ah ha, so the problem is no daughters.  Yeah, that's going to suck.  A combination of fluctuating inheritance laws and dynastic pruning should keep the game going, but that is going to be one nice civil war for whichever daughter inherits.

EDIT: Or, you know, change to seniority succession, provided the other male elder kin weren't all killed off in previous succession wars...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: April 24, 2014, 08:58:00 pm »

Now, if your genius and sole heir starts head-spinning and speaking in dark tongues while members of your court mysteriously start to drop dead, then you might have a bit of an issue... :P

That's not an issue, that's about the single best thing that can happen to you during the game. Demon Children are awesome.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »

I have one son so I'm good for now then again him and his eight surviving sisters might have a accident, Because the twenty high stats on his my daughters has I'll be good.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 25, 2014, 12:56:27 am »

Has anyone tried the "bloodline" mods?

Because I think I broke the game with them.

Specifically, I found that you can have more then one bloodline trait at once, and since they're selectable from Ruler Designer, provide vassal opinion boosts, and ALWAYS inherit....I have a dynasty of supers basically.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 25, 2014, 10:21:47 am »

The bloodlines mod didn't break the game...if you use the ruler designer (which is broken by nature when it comes to balance) and make a super ruler using all blood lines...then you broke the game lol. When used as intended it is not really broken...though it does give a natural boost that doesn't exist otherwise if you use the full bloodlines for vanilla then it will be applied to NPCs as well and overall keep its balance.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:09 am »

You miss the problem. It's easy to get a full deck of bloodlines with the RD, but you can just as well get it in the game (just make sure you marry your heir to whoever has a bloodline you don't (Or, preferably, 2 or 3 of them) and you'll be set before the high middle ages even start)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 25, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's not true because at least in Lux Invicta they're only patrilineal.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: April 25, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's not true because at least in Lux Invicta they're only patrilineal.
Then why not simply use the dynasty? (yes, I know that would include people who are married matrilineally into the family, but arguably that's exactly why they did that.) Unless you can make the case for it being related to something actually in their Y chromosome.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: April 25, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »

From what I'm reading on the Lux Invicta page, it appears not to work with the latest version.  Correct?  I really can't be bothered with an old version (although it might run better on my system).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:32 am »

so another patch out today...that supposedly actually fixes MP now

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5306 on: April 28, 2014, 11:14:33 am »

so another patch out today...that supposedly actually fixes MP now
Something was wrong with MP?

A friend and I just played a CK2 game from start to finish with very few issues, and then imported straight into EU4

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:11 am »

I don't tend to play MP a lot but I know the steam matchmaking stuff wasn't working well for a lot of people so I assume that was it

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: May 02, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I ragequitted the game for the first time. I was playing the Count of Syracuse in 867, managed to grab the whole of Sicilia (not Malta though) as well as 2 provinces in southern Italy. All is well and I'm busy trying to use a revolt in Africa to grab Tunis when the Egyptians decide to launch an Holy War for Sicily. I manage to throw them into the sea twice, killing about 2500 of them, but of course since I'm a vassal of the Byzantine Emperor, those didn't count for the war score.

The egyptians then proceed to murder the rest of the Hungarian's event troops, and invade Malta. At this point, my liege go full retard and attack them in Malta several time with not enough troops, until the War Score goes to -100% and he gives all my land to the Egyptian. Fuck that guy.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: May 02, 2014, 03:17:52 pm »

You stupid, Stupid Pope! I contribute 50% of the warscore  on the bloody crusade, hemorrhaging gold to do so, and you give the land to The Knights Hospitaller?! Did they even show up?!
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 1002