Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090237 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5265 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00:03 am »

I don't have this yet. Last year my friend got all the collection on steam (doesn't come with all DLC though) and he wants to do mods.

Any suggestions? I know game of thrones is very popular. Probably biggest mod, yes? Any other suggestions? He said any mod is good. But he prefers bigger game changes, not small tweaks. Doesn't have to change game completely, but he said he doesn't want just a bunch of fixes or little changes.

Definitely the Game of Thrones mod - http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic5512.html - it provides me with days of enjoyment, it's a huge conversion with stacks of new additions and you really do feel like you're immersed in the world. It has a very active development team and a large array of compatible sub-mods which add a few more different things to an already superb mod.

None of the other total conversion/major overhaul mods are compatible with the new patch yet, so it's best to grab the above and play for a while. When they are updated, you might want to look at the Elder Scrolls conversion and Crusader Kings II+. The latter keeps the action in the 'real world' but adds quite a bit in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: April 17, 2014, 08:10:37 am »

Blegh.

For my part in crushing heretics left and right, the HRE has decided to start claiming lands in my de jure territory (that are not yet mine). I cannot rebuff them, and they are slowly claiming more and more of Cathar England and Anglo-Aztec Cornwall (a tiny petty kingdom ruled by an Aztec whose culture is English, and religion is Nahua). I cannot move fast enough, and worse is the HRE also got a few of my towns, so i have to County Claim them slowly every time. With mercs I can barely barely meet the HRE's forces before they send their doomstacks to me.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:23 am »

So I heard that an insane or possessed character can appoint their horse to the council. Does this result in gaining an actual animal courtier, or is this just a flavor event?

Its hilarious to imagine a scenario where one is participating in a plot to assassinate a horse-chancellor.

Its even more hilarious to imagine one where you FAIL to kill the horse-chancellor.

And then you marry your daughter to the horse-chancellor for an alliance.

Ok, any scenario involving chancellorse is hilarious.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:30 am »

I don't have this yet. Last year my friend got all the collection on steam (doesn't come with all DLC though) and he wants to do mods.

Any suggestions? I know game of thrones is very popular. Probably biggest mod, yes? Any other suggestions? He said any mod is good. But he prefers bigger game changes, not small tweaks. Doesn't have to change game completely, but he said he doesn't want just a bunch of fixes or little changes.

Definitely the Game of Thrones mod - http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic5512.html - it provides me with days of enjoyment, it's a huge conversion with stacks of new additions and you really do feel like you're immersed in the world. It has a very active development team and a large array of compatible sub-mods which add a few more different things to an already superb mod.

None of the other total conversion/major overhaul mods are compatible with the new patch yet, so it's best to grab the above and play for a while. When they are updated, you might want to look at the Elder Scrolls conversion and Crusader Kings II+. The latter keeps the action in the 'real world' but adds quite a bit in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Thanks. He is going to wait for ck2plus. Which, it does sound pretty awesome.

BTW any deals for ck2 collection? I bought it from GameFly this morning as my friend loves it. But GameFly refused my order even if my debit card/bank has plenty of money. They wouldn't accept my fake account info like steam does even though when I put in my credit it was real info.

GameFly then wants to call me and refuses to use email. For one my hearing is damaged from an accident...I can sorta hear but not with construction going on here. And I have a huge speech problem. GameFly support doesn't care. And refuse to remove my credit card until they call me and I can't remove it on site.

Really want to play ck2 (with collection) with friend. But GameFly is only one I can find with any deals. And I have to contact the police and tell them they are attempting to steal my credit card and contact bank. They refuse to remove it, so I assume they are illegally using my info. Such bullshit.

Should have waited for a real site for a ck2 collection deal...but I really wanted to play with my friend :(

BTW they charged my bank even though they won't give me the game till I call them. Its in my bank info of purchases etc.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:14:34 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: April 17, 2014, 11:52:12 am »

So I heard that an insane or possessed character can appoint their horse to the council. Does this result in gaining an actual animal courtier, or is this just a flavor event?

Its hilarious to imagine a scenario where one is participating in a plot to assassinate a horse-chancellor.

Its even more hilarious to imagine one where you FAIL to kill the horse-chancellor.

You don't actually get a horse chancellor, but you do fire your current chancellor to make room.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:16 pm »

You don't actually get a horse chancellor, but you do fire your current chancellor to make room.

Damn....I wanted horse-human hybrids!

I wonder what culture that would end up being.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: April 17, 2014, 08:11:22 pm »

Cultural retinue: horse archers
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: April 19, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

Guys, our MP game is starting and we could use more people. So if you want to play add me on steam, name is Werty, picture is a DF dwarf.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: April 19, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »

I would love to join...when is everyone planning on playing?

Assuming my internet can keep up...garbage internet...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:37:40 pm by dennislp3 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: April 19, 2014, 02:28:21 pm »

I would love to join...when is everyone planning on playing?

Right this second, as soon as we get some peeps interested.

Invite all your friends that play too!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:30:03 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:45 pm »

If I had more time I DEFINITELY would - do you play often?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: April 19, 2014, 02:34:10 pm »

If I had more time I DEFINITELY would - do you play often?
This is supposed to be our first session

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: April 19, 2014, 02:34:31 pm »

I might join in, sent a request.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: April 19, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »

biggest problem with me is my work schedule...I am not reliably available til after 8-9pm central time

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: April 20, 2014, 11:21:36 am »

I've been slowly playing this again, a few years at a time. I started as vikings, and aim to eventually conquer Indian riches.

My first son was born with a birth defect (Only clubfooted, but still annoying), so I defenestrated him at the first opportunity. He lived, but was maimed. When he turned 16, he had low intrigue, so I sent him out to steal techs from Constantinople for a few years. Once I got bored of trying to kill him off that way, I sent him out raiding from Denmark with tiny vassal bands 20-30 times. The constant losses only turned him into a genius warrior. He now sits at 20 martial, 12 stewardship, and low other stats. I guess he can live, although I slightly regret having set up the next in line, his 23 diplomacy brother, to have enough lands conquer the Finnish kingdom.

Edit: Cripple-warrior dropped dead within a month of posting this.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:38:14 am by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1002