Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093710 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4170 on: October 22, 2013, 02:46:51 pm »

Once again, it looks like Paradox is cashing in on its mods.  Several of those features are already present (to a lesser degree, to be honest) in mods.

I see where you are coming from but I don't really think that's the case. Expanding Christianity and requests for the addition of Judaism are some of the most common feature request threads that pop up on the the official Crusader Kings II forums. I think it's more of a case that players want X so both modders and developers decide to make content based on X.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: October 22, 2013, 02:47:24 pm »

Always wait for the dlc to go on sale. It usually only takes 3 months and by then all the day 1 bugs and shenanigans would have been fixed.

And to be fair, the dlc is almost always worth it. Especially when you can get it for like $3.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 22, 2013, 02:52:04 pm »

- As mentioned before Judaism has been added to the game. The Khazars are the only Jewish state you can play as. However different kinds (different schools of Judaism? Not 100% what they meant) of Jews can show up in your court through various events.
- The Jewish faith can be restored, they have a "High Priest" (kohen gadol I think?). They mentioned they have their own events and mechanics but didn't go into much more detail.

CALL IN RON PAUL, IT'S HAPPENING

we seriously need a siren emoticon. having to paste in a siren from various places on the internet is a chore

anyway not adding judaism anywhere where it's not stricly necessary to have it (like victoria) was something paradox used to its benefit for years now and now that they're adding it i'm going to honestly laugh if the next hearts of iron has it since the precedent is already there yo

it actually means that all the games down the line will have it modeled or at least somewhat abstracted but existent, shitstorm's a-brewin'

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: October 22, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »

- As mentioned before Judaism has been added to the game. The Khazars are the only Jewish state you can play as. However different kinds (different schools of Judaism? Not 100% what they meant) of Jews can show up in your court through various events.
- The Jewish faith can be restored, they have a "High Priest" (kohen gadol I think?). They mentioned they have their own events and mechanics but didn't go into much more detail.

CALL IN RON PAUL, IT'S HAPPENING

we seriously need a siren emoticon. having to paste in a siren from various places on the internet is a chore

anyway not adding judaism anywhere where it's not stricly necessary to have it (like victoria) was something paradox used to its benefit for years now and now that they're adding it i'm going to honestly laugh if the next hearts of iron has it since the precedent is already there yo

it actually means that all the games down the line will have it modeled or at least somewhat abstracted but existent, shitstorm's a-brewin'

Actually, HoI is a place where I could see Judaism having a role. Because, uh, well, y'know, WWII. Bad Stuff Happening.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 22, 2013, 03:00:44 pm »

Actually, HoI is a place where I could see Judaism having a role. Because, uh, well, y'know, WWII. Bad Stuff Happening.
This is the exact reason HoI should never have Judaism.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »

This is the exact reason HoI should never have Judaism.

Quote from: Next HoI thread on Bay12
Guys, so I'm prosecuting the Jews, should I research Advanced Atrocities?
No, research Blitzkrieg first, then invade Poland. Advanced Atrocities work better when you use the setup I mentioned earlier in the thread
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: October 22, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »

New HoI tech: "The Holocaust: Any future arguments are ended immediately by one of the arguers comparing the other to you."

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:14 pm »

Always wait for the dlc to go on sale. It usually only takes 3 months and by then all the day 1 bugs and shenanigans would have been fixed.

And to be fair, the dlc is almost always worth it. Especially when you can get it for like $3.

Not to mention, for the "must-have" mods to catch up for compatibility.  Furthermore, if you're super-broke, the previous DLC's usually go on sale around the time a DLC comes out.  Expect Old Gods to go on sale around 18th Nov if you've been holding out.  I guarantee you CK2 and all the other DLC will be on sale in attempt to get new players.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: October 22, 2013, 05:31:46 pm »

Well I'm excited by this even if anyone else isn't.

Having not played EU4 before, is Judaism buried somewhere in the text files for it? Or will there have to be an EU4 patch so that the converter DLC will actually port Jewish provinces and nations over from CK2?

Man, I just can't wait to get a new computer built so I can finally play CK2 without the horrendous lag, though. Being able to go faster than 1 day every 3 seconds would be nice. It's pretty unplayable for me at the moment.  :-\

...yes my current computer is a steaming pile.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 22, 2013, 06:20:26 pm »

There is Zoroastranism (and reformed pagan faiths) in a converted EU4 game so I assume you will get Judaism as well if you convert your save.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 22, 2013, 06:33:47 pm »

Having not played EU4 before, is Judaism buried somewhere in the text files for it? Or will there have to be an EU4 patch so that the converter DLC will actually port Jewish provinces and nations over from CK2?

Man, I just can't wait to get a new computer built so I can finally play CK2 without the horrendous lag, though. Being able to go faster than 1 day every 3 seconds would be nice. It's pretty unplayable for me at the moment.  :-\

I'm only speculating but considering they plan on more DLC to come I think they will continue to patch the converter. I don't think they need to patch EU4 in the process because the converted file acts like a mod for the game.

Have you tried any mods that improve performance? There's this one at the CK2 forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?608487-MOD-Performance-mods

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:10 pm »

I'm only speculating but considering they plan on more DLC to come I think they will continue to patch the converter. I don't think they need to patch EU4 in the process because the converted file acts like a mod for the game.

Have you tried any mods that improve performance? There's this one at the CK2 forums: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?608487-MOD-Performance-mods

Ah, didn't know that's how the converter worked, but it makes sense. Sweet.

And I've tried just about everything; nothing helps all that much. I have an ancient 1.8 Intel Dual Core with very minimal integrated graphics and 2 gb of ram... yeah, my laptop is just terrible for anything approaching 'modern gaming'. I'm going to be replacing it with a custom mid-range tower here in the next couple months, so I'm not too worried about it.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: October 23, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »

Paradox held an AMA on reddit, sounds like they still have a lot planned for Crusader Kings

my current plan lists about 6 more major expansions after Sons of Abraham.. but if sales drop, it might be less.. it might also be far more..
We keep making them as long as they sell and we have good ideas.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:56 am »

I found [Muhammed], Augustus, and Pope Peter, then I used the console to impregnate random courtiers by them.

These people have some good ideas.

edit: also, new Hearts of Iron and Rome planned before 2020 :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:23:16 am by Dutchling »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 24, 2013, 09:34:11 am »

Yeah, it really seems CKII has surpassed the EU series as their "flagship" game so to speak. Which isn't to knock EUIV of course, its just CKII hit every note perfectly as far as what makes an interesting game. As well polished as the EU series can be, nothing beats being able to feel legitimate ANGER at "people" as opposed to a nebulous immortal nation state. The EU series simply lacks that sort of Magnificent Bastard factor that CK2 has. IMHO had CK1 not been completely fucked over by its early development (Paradox basically had to salvage the code after the third party dev went under), it would have been a massive hit as well.

Thats said, as far as new games, I reeaaly want a Victoria 3.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1002