Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093613 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4155 on: October 21, 2013, 04:14:22 pm »

no no no. He's SO effective at his job, he's had to make his own plots just so he doesn't get laid off!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: October 21, 2013, 04:21:05 pm »

I realize I have a really stupid spymaster. He told me of a plot that he lead.
Perhaps he felt you are a weak king, and thus can't do anything to stop him?
Also I am tempted to sig this.
I was emperor of Scandinavia, he was duke of Trondlag
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: October 21, 2013, 05:04:22 pm »

I realize I have a really stupid spymaster. He told me of a plot that he lead.
Perhaps he felt you are a weak king, and thus can't do anything to stop him?
Also I am tempted to sig this.
I was emperor of Scandinavia, he was duke of Trondlag

He is so smart that you knowing his plan is part of his plan. Intrigueception.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »

He executed the plan twenty minutes ago.
You are already dead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: October 21, 2013, 10:53:21 pm »

That's a really old bug that's been around since release. I like to pretend that it's not a bug but actually canon behaviour due to this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:55:11 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: October 22, 2013, 11:29:53 am »

For any of you Crusader Kings addicts, the announcement of the upcoming content should be on their stream in about 30 minutes or so.

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

I'll probably be watching it so I'll fill all of you who have better things to do with your time in on what the content they've been teasing about actually is. :P

EDIT: they've also posted a Dev diary on the forums.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?730289-Crusader-Kings-II-Sons-of-Abraham-Dev-Diary-1-The-College-of-Cardinals

It's finally time to announce the next expansion for Crusader Kings II! You might already know the name: "Sons of Abraham". Some of you were very close in your guesses on what it might be. No, it's not a Zombie DLC! Sons of Abraham focuses on the three Abrahamic religions, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. The idea was to go back to the roots after all the attention given to the heathens, and to flesh out the religious side of the game for the monotheists; Christians in particular.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:03:41 pm by Wiles »

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: October 22, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

Dwarf Fortress achievement: Have 7 dwarfs in your court at once.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: October 22, 2013, 12:36:35 pm »

DLC changes, from what was announced:

-College of Cardinals
-Changes to holy orders (You can send courtiers to them, or they can join them on their own. And each relegion has at least one order.)
-Heresies revamped
-Minor changes to Sunni
-Jewish religion
-Achievements
-Iron Man mode
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: October 22, 2013, 01:02:27 pm »

The expansion focuses on the Abrahamic Religions. And yes that means they finally added a playable Jewish state. Here's a bit of a run down of what they talked about on the stream.

- The expansion is mainly event driven. It will have long branching event chains. There have been a lot of events added to the game and some of them will be available for free through the patch that comes at the same time as the DLC. The size of the DLC is comparable to Legacy of Rome and thus it will be cheaper than The old Gods.

- The patch that comes at the same time will have some tweaks to combat mechanics. There is a new bottleneck mechanic. If you find "bottleneck" terrain your smaller forces will be much more capeable of warding off larger forces. Being outflanked is much deadlier, especially if you lose your centre flank.

- Achievements will be added to the game. Only available through the new Ironman mode that is to be added ala Europa Universalis. I think this is something coming in the patch and not the DLC but I'm not 100% sure.

- There are more Holy Orders for all religions. Some of them are anachronistic (ie Immortals for the Zoroastrians).
- Holy Orders can be asked for favours, and money. In turn they will ask for favours from the player.
- Characters from your court can join holy orders and you can try to force courtiers to join as well (to get rid of those pesky unwanted sons).

- You can't play as the Pope. But you can influence the college of cardinals (comes with new College of Cardinal UI elements). You can ask the Pope for favours, such as getting him to call for a Crusade or ask for money. If you ask him for favours he will like you less.

- Muslims have had changes. There are now two theological schools Sunni muslims can choose from. There are event chains that go along with this. You need the Sword of Islam expansion to experience these changes. (No mention of changes to the decadence mechanic).

- Pilgrimage event chains have been added for other Abrahamic religions (Muslims already had them).

- Heresies have been expanded. Heresies have their own heads of religion now, for example the Fratticellis have their own Pope. Heresies spread better from "centres of heresy". Different heresies have different mechanics. For example the Cathars can have female priests. Heresies can also overtake their parent religion, when they do the Holy Orders flip over to them.

- Courtiers can spread their religion in your court now. For example if you are a Catholic character your Orthodox courtier can spread his faith in your court.

- Religious rebels for non heresies have been added. For example if you have a Catholic Kingdom you may get Orthodox rebels if you have an Orthodox territory.

- As mentioned before Judaism has been added to the game. The Khazars are the only Jewish state you can play as. However different kinds (different schools of Judaism? Not 100% what they meant) of Jews can show up in your court through various events.
- The Jewish faith can be restored, they have a "High Priest" (kohen gadol I think?). They mentioned they have their own events and mechanics but didn't go into much more detail.

- The release date is November 18th

- This is the beginning of "phase 2" for Crusader Kings. The next DLC will be much larger.

- They are not working on EU:Rome II
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:27:26 pm by Wiles »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: October 22, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »

- This is the beginning of "phase 2" for Crusader Kings. The next DLC will be much larger.

I saw that segment. Any idea of what phase 2 is exactly?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: October 22, 2013, 01:33:28 pm »

'Different kinds' are the various ethnic sub-groups, mayhaps? As in, Ashkenazi, Sephardic, etc.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: October 22, 2013, 01:49:11 pm »

I saw that segment. Any idea of what phase 2 is exactly?

My understanding is that it is another round of DLC. The last one started with Sword of Islam and ended with the Old Gods.

'Different kinds' are the various ethnic sub-groups, mayhaps? As in, Ashkenazi, Sephardic, etc.

Yes, that would make sense. I was distracted by someone when they talked about that part so I missed what they said exactly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:52 pm »

Once again, it looks like Paradox is cashing in on its mods.  Several of those features are already present (to a lesser degree, to be honest) in mods.

Still sounds like fun!

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: October 22, 2013, 02:36:49 pm »

Considering Crusader Kings has already taken about sixty quid out my wallet I'm concerned they're releasing even more...
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1002