Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092446 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2012, 08:23:07 am »

I've managed to win a very close victory as the King of Leon against Badajoz for the duchy of Badajoz. All of my catholic brothers joined in and we defeated their 3000 strong army but they scraped up another 1200, and our armies were spread thin by that time. I hired a 1500 strong mercenary army eventually, which defeated the Muslim army and paid back for itself in the ransom money of two sheiks we captured. After this, their Emir surrendered. Now I get to divvy up the land  :P.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41:18 am »

I get a feeling that mercenaries are OP at the moment.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2012, 09:50:07 am »

You'll feel that even more when your enemy hires a shitton of them and steamrolls your forces. Ouch.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2012, 09:51:26 am »

Plots are chosen like ambitions - you have to cancel the current one and choose it from the ambition screen.

Yeah, but what I mean is there are none on the ambition screen, ever.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:21 am »

I am using a mod that balances out mercs somewhat, and it would have bankrupted me if I hadn't captured their barons. That being said, I just won a defensive war against Sevilla, carried on the backs of mercenaries. I'm now rich and prestigious, while the Emir of Sevilla has negative piety.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

DERP. I forgot you had to click the "click here to choose a plot/amibition" bar. Wow, category 5 brain-fart, secure your doors and windows.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2012, 12:39:37 pm »

Yeah, they aren't very expensive and you'll end up with a pile of money if you don't upgrade your holdings anyway.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »

Another defensive war against Seville and I'm exalted among among men.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2012, 01:56:52 pm »

So who are you guys playing as at the moment? I'm currently the Duke of Connacht or something like that, I started as a count and my objective is to unite Ireland under one crown. I find this scenario is really good for learning the game, especially for someone who's never properly played a Paradox game before. I recommend it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

Im playIng hungary and I married a neighbouring byzantine duchess so my son would inherit it. Turns out that that the byzantine crownlaws are too high for land to be inherited "out" of the empire so my daughter will inherit the duchy instead of my son.

Does anyone know how to check the crownlaws of a realm besides checking the relationa of one of the vassals?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »

I started out with Connacht and look at me now. Not bad for my first game I guess. It only took like 250 years :P

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

Next stop: Denmark

So who are you guys playing as at the moment? I'm currently the Duke of Connacht or something like that, I started as a count and my objective is to unite Ireland under one crown. I find this scenario is really good for learning the game, especially for someone who's never properly played a Paradox game before. I recommend it.
Agreed.

By the way, I really like this music named "intaberna.ogg" in Crusader Kings 2\music folder.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »

Try attacking the pope.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Currently playing the Kingdom of Burgundy, formed from the Duchy of Savoie. Savoy's my favorite country in EU3, and was a fun game in CK, so it's an easy choice for a game in CK2!

I'm currently expanding northward into Germany proper to secure some more ducal vassals and help my election bid for the HRE. My last two kings both inherited a duchy, Luxembourg and Lower Lorraine.

Meanwhile Spain has been overrun, and France might be in trouble, so I'm strengthening myself for any battles with the Muslims. Ideally, I'll be able to become Emperor and kick Poland in the face for their recent incursions.

England and Norway have their own thing going on, I imagine Norway will consume it all in a little while.

Spoiler: Europe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burgundy (click to show/hide)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:45 pm »

I don't agree that the mercenaries are OP imo. The first 50 years they're very strong but not because they're too strong but because the player uses them more efficiently. Just like the player will do everything in the game more efficiently. After 100-150 years you will be raising 1500 to 2000 troops per county making mercenaries pretty weak.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »

What vassals can build their own improvements? Most importantly, will mayors, bishops and barons build their own stuff or do I have to babysit those holdings? And can counts/dukes create new holdings if there's empty slots?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1002