Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092445 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:38 pm »

If you could figure out how to do a real mod...  its pretty modular, wouldn't have to change the base game. 

(I just throw mods into the mod folder and there is a check-mark in the launcher to use it or not.  It defaults to all mods off.)

So what ya'll just need to do is agree on the same mod and/or changes to use before hand... if not vanilla.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »

(edited)

Much simpler tutorial that doesn't require signing up to Paradox's forum.

Stick <Name of Mod Here> Folder and File.mod (rename a text file after done) in the mods folder.
i.e. If the mod's name was 'Example' then you'd create a folder named Example and a file with the .mod extension called Example.mod

Inside the .mod file put
Code: [Select]
name = "Insert Mode Name Here"
path = "mod/Insert Mode Name Here"

Inside the folder with your mod name put the modified files, which must include everything from the main file you're modifying as far as I know. So if you changed traits.txt you'd add a 'common' folder inside 'Mod Name Here' and then inside 'common' stick 'traits.txt' which replaces the unmodded game's version when the game loads.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:43:17 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2012, 06:13:08 pm »

I think that a multiplayer game would be hindered by the early status of the game. Everyone and their mother has probably modded some little thing to their liking, which would work if they were modding a mod which they already installed, but makes multiplayer impossible without everyone re-installing since at this point people are just modding the base game.

RaySmuckles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »

I think that a multiplayer game would be hindered by the early status of the game. Everyone and their mother has probably modded some little thing to their liking, which would work if they were modding a mod which they already installed, but makes multiplayer impossible without everyone re-installing since at this point people are just modding the base game.

All it would take is somebody sharing the default files (no binaries/executables), not sure of legality but I doubt Paradox would freak out if people shared their unmodded files to their friends.

Actually, somebody should do that - make a mod out of the unmodded files and call it "Clean", and distribute that for multiplayer games. :)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2012, 06:48:35 pm »

I just used Steam's verify integrity thing and it reverted my modified files to vanilla.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

RaySmuckles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:48 pm »

Thinking about trying a LP, and I could modify names for people contributing via the save files. (ie. give out the council positions to contributors, rename them for the forum members, and they would give 'advice' that I'd follow for the actual gameplay).

Would anybody be interested in that sort of LP? Keep in mind that I'd follow your advice heavily (appropriate to the council position) as I'm pretty terrible at this game.

Edit : Made the LP post. If anybody wants in, post!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101401.0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:47:01 pm by RaySmuckles »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

Played this game for the first time as Munster (or whatever the southern Ireland duchy is,) and my queen decided to try and kill my one heir. If she did this, my king's daughter (instead of my "adopted" son) would have been the heir, making my future Ireland probably have a queen as the first leader. I am in love with this game already.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:37:34 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2012, 11:34:32 pm »

Is there other website apart from the offical forums from where to download mods?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2012, 02:37:01 am »

Uhh, what?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:07 am »

The stress of the job must have been getting to him...

Also, for those of you who have played EU3, is CK2 comparable, better, worse, etc?  Wanna see which game I'd like to buy. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2012, 03:01:51 am »

The stress of the job must have been getting to him...

Also, for those of you who have played EU3, is CK2 comparable, better, worse, etc?  Wanna see which game I'd like to buy. 

Its not really a good idea to compare them, they compliment each other more then compete with each other. You should choose which one based on what you want from the game instead.

Eu3 is more about the growth of a nation, while CK2 is more about growth of a Dynasty.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2012, 04:12:05 am »

How the hell do I get plots against people? I've set my spymaster to make spy networks and stuff, but my intrigue screen only ever gives me the standard "bring people to your court" and the "hold feast/grand tournament/hunt/etc".
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2012, 05:47:14 am »

lulwhat moment: Duke McGrandson imprisons me in the party he invited me to, I say 'Heck No' when he demands my region.  I somehow end up losing my title to him anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2012, 05:48:20 am »

Plots are chosen like ambitions - you have to cancel the current one and choose it from the ambition screen.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2012, 05:56:11 am »

I wish there was an option to join plots when you discover it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 1002