Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53294 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 2 - No mercy
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:26 pm »

fakeedit: i'm noT saying that you're reall really etc

maybe i'm more tired than i thought >_>

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »

Nice dissection of breadbocks. Worthy of mad science. I'm still don't think your town, but you have raised yourself in my opinion.

Breadbocks, what do you think about all the dirt that scatter just dug up on you? How do you defend yourself from that?

Eclipsetail, why aren't you saying something?! SAY SOMETHING! PROVE THAT YOU LIVE!!!
First off, somehow, people keep thinking I made the vote on me at the beginning was a gambit. As I have said so, so, so many times, it was to make conversation. There was not a single game post before that. No wine, no hidden agenda. Just an icebreaker. I had all intentions on voting for someone once I had a reason to, but there was nothing yet.

Next, in the second example you gave, there was no wifom that I could see. Just me pointing out various possibilities on what I could be.

For the third example, I was stating that it would be interesting to see the crew of a beginner game deliberate whether a self-admitted scum was Joker or scum. Same deal with the fourth example. Me discussing the merits or lack thereof of the BBB gambit. Also in the fourth example, you misread the post. I didn't say no one would suspect me, just a BBB gambit.

Fifth example. Why else would anyone want to play, if not for fun and challenge. I want to win, but I want to have fun more. And I specified straight scumhunting, not my own brand of it.

Sixth example, well what would I ask? "Sparten, are you scum? Durrrrr"

Seventh & Eighth example: What would you have done in my position? It was seeming like I was going to be lynched, and defending myself only seemed to condemn myself further, so why not speed things up?

Ninth, I did do digging. He was striking me as suspicious, so I voted for him.

Tenth, see eight.

Eleventh example is just you restating what has been said. So I'll restate what I said. IT WAS THE FIRST POST OF THE DAMN GAME. Where the hell would I stash a gambit in that, and who the hell would I have been pulling a gambit on?
ugh, forgot to preview post... what the hell, figure it out yourselves :p
O RLY?

Also, good afternoon all.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2010, 04:11:23 pm »

Incase Webaddict didn't see it:

I usually (99% of the time.) get on at 3:30 Eastern standard time (GMT -5), do my posting for about half an hour to an hour, and then move on to other things.

And before you ask, that is the only time I can spend on the Internet.

Eclipsetail would be my vote for one of the scum. He's barely posted, lurked, and never seems to even try to explain his actions. I'll bet he'll bandwagon on whoever Webaddict votes for.
If I voted for scum, and he was scum, why would he bandwagon on my target? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

I assume you already know the answer.

USEC_OFFICER - Everything you post isn't really anything that is helpful. You were doing well on Day 1, but you've gotten a lacklusterful Day 2 start. Heck, I'm no longer sure if I can put you above BroodyMoods with what he did, but I kinda have to, just because of you really don't have anything to contribute. You're just bandwagoning on eclipsetail here, and I pointed out a flaw in your argument which you have yet to respond to, but I'm still open to see more from you.

Can I first say, I'm doing way better than my second game.

Right, now with that out of the way...

So, being the fourth person to say that eclipsetail is scummy is bandwagoning, but being the last person to say it isn't?

Here's a list of people, from scummy, to least scummy:
eclipsetail
Scatterbrain
USEC_OFFICER
TheBroodyMoods
breadbocks
Zako
Webadict

(Snipped, for easier reading.)

Because seeing that you placed him at the top of your list, after everybody else has posted, looks like bandwagoning.

I assume that your answer will involve saying that you always suspected him, or that he really should be lynched. Well, what prevents me from sayin the same thing? If I think eclipsetail is the scummiest and should be lynched, then I should be able to say that, no matter what people have said before me!

I'll try to contribute more (doubt you'll like it much.)

Now, for my list of scummy players, which I promised everybody I would post today:

Eclipse: I posted my reasons before, but I'll also add that he has not been answering any questions directed at him. (Like one I asked you)

Eclipsetail, what made you oppose extention without posting a reason? And why did you not post for two whole days before that?

Even if Eclipse is town, with the way he's been acting, it would hurt the town to keep him alive to day three, unless we manage to lynch one of the scum today, then he would be dangerous on day four. Eclipse looks (and has been acting like) a person that the scum could easily manipulate. As long as the scum can keep him voting on the same person, they have the game in the bag.

Breadbocks would be my next choice for the second most scummiest. He's been acting like an idiot, but I'm not 100% percent sure that he's only a noob or a noob who happens to be scum. If Eclipse happens to be scum, then I doubt Breadbocks would be his scum partner (And the otherway around), seeing as Shibdib was nightkilled. If they were scum together, I would imagine that either Zako or BroodyMoods would have been nightkilled instead (As it seems more like a noobish NK than Shibdib, which I would assoiate with their characters.)

Webaddict, you be my third choice for most scummiest. There are two reasons why I placed you third on my list.

First, Spartan's response to Zathras on page seven (You can't miss it, it's the only one he posted:)

I'm not lurking, and I've been picking up tells.

What exactly are you trying to pull here Zathras? I know you're up to something!

He says he's not lurking, but picking up scumtells, which sends warning signals to me as a terrible response, one that should have looked to him as a terrible response too. Of course, you can't account for Spartan's responses, so my second reason is this:

Scatterbrain, I would say webadict could be hesitant to answer because of him getting Spartan's scum roll, but then why would Spartan have left if he'd gotten a scum roll? If I had to take a shot at why he left, it would be because he got townie, so left out of disappointment.
Well, I don't want people to bandwagon behind me in case I'm wrong. It's unlikely that I'm wrong, but I don't want to have to dig through sheep-followers after I say who it is I think is scum. After I have some answers (You need one too, pal), I'll divulge my secrets.

And, unfortunately, I am not scum. I told Vector to make a scum drop out, but she just wouldn't allow for such. Perhaps next time, I can school some newbies, but not this time.

Ther bottom part of the post caught my eye. Seems out of place to me. Strikes me as scummy. So I'm going with my gut and placing you at third.

BroodyMoods, Zako and Scatterbrain have not really drawn my attention in any way, though I would not rule out the possiblity of the scum being any of them.

Now if you exuse me, I'm done typing for an hour and thirty minutes, and shall instead play majesty.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2010, 04:51:15 pm »

Incase Webaddict didn't see it:

I usually (99% of the time.) get on at 3:30 Eastern standard time (GMT -5), do my posting for about half an hour to an hour, and then move on to other things.

And before you ask, that is the only time I can spend on the Internet.
Doesn't mean you can't post what you can.

Eclipsetail would be my vote for one of the scum. He's barely posted, lurked, and never seems to even try to explain his actions. I'll bet he'll bandwagon on whoever Webaddict votes for.
If I voted for scum, and he was scum, why would he bandwagon on my target? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

I assume you already know the answer.

USEC_OFFICER - Everything you post isn't really anything that is helpful. You were doing well on Day 1, but you've gotten a lacklusterful Day 2 start. Heck, I'm no longer sure if I can put you above BroodyMoods with what he did, but I kinda have to, just because of you really don't have anything to contribute. You're just bandwagoning on eclipsetail here, and I pointed out a flaw in your argument which you have yet to respond to, but I'm still open to see more from you.

Can I first say, I'm doing way better than my second game.

Right, now with that out of the way...

So, being the fourth person to say that eclipsetail is scummy is bandwagoning, but being the last person to say it isn't?
... Yes!

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=JEEP%27s_Tells_for_Finding_Mafia

LOL PWNED, ya jerkface.

Here's a list of people, from scummy, to least scummy:
eclipsetail
Scatterbrain
USEC_OFFICER
TheBroodyMoods
breadbocks
Zako
Webadict

(Snipped, for easier reading.)

Because seeing that you placed him at the top of your list, after everybody else has posted, looks like bandwagoning.

I assume that your answer will involve saying that you always suspected him, or that he really should be lynched. Well, what prevents me from sayin the same thing? If I think eclipsetail is the scummiest and should be lynched, then I should be able to say that, no matter what people have said before me!
I know, right?! I mean, definitely bandwagoning because I...

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bandwagon

Followed with no original reasoning whatsoever.

Nothing prevents you from saying anything. Some things just make you look like scum. I might even have to boost you to spot number two, as this scatterbrain fellow seems to hold his weight.

I'll try to contribute more (doubt you'll like it much.)

Now, for my list of scummy players, which I promised everybody I would post today:

Eclipse: I posted my reasons before, but I'll also add that he has not been answering any questions directed at him. (Like one I asked you)

Eclipsetail, what made you oppose extention without posting a reason? And why did you not post for two whole days before that?

Even if Eclipse is town, with the way he's been acting, it would hurt the town to keep him alive to day three, unless we manage to lynch one of the scum today, then he would be dangerous on day four. Eclipse looks (and has been acting like) a person that the scum could easily manipulate. As long as the scum can keep him voting on the same person, they have the game in the bag.
I had the same thought, which is why I can't waste a lynch on you right now.

Breadbocks would be my next choice for the second most scummiest. He's been acting like an idiot, but I'm not 100% percent sure that he's only a noob or a noob who happens to be scum. If Eclipse happens to be scum, then I doubt Breadbocks would be his scum partner (And the otherway around), seeing as Shibdib was nightkilled. If they were scum together, I would imagine that either Zako or BroodyMoods would have been nightkilled instead (As it seems more like a noobish NK than Shibdib, which I would assoiate with their characters.)

Webaddict, you be my third choice for most scummiest. There are two reasons why I placed you third on my list.

First, Spartan's response to Zathras on page seven (You can't miss it, it's the only one he posted:)

I'm not lurking, and I've been picking up tells.

What exactly are you trying to pull here Zathras? I know you're up to something!

He says he's not lurking, but picking up scumtells, which sends warning signals to me as a terrible response, one that should have looked to him as a terrible response too. Of course, you can't account for Spartan's responses, so my second reason is this:

Scatterbrain, I would say webadict could be hesitant to answer because of him getting Spartan's scum roll, but then why would Spartan have left if he'd gotten a scum roll? If I had to take a shot at why he left, it would be because he got townie, so left out of disappointment.
Well, I don't want people to bandwagon behind me in case I'm wrong. It's unlikely that I'm wrong, but I don't want to have to dig through sheep-followers after I say who it is I think is scum. After I have some answers (You need one too, pal), I'll divulge my secrets.

And, unfortunately, I am not scum. I told Vector to make a scum drop out, but she just wouldn't allow for such. Perhaps next time, I can school some newbies, but not this time.

Ther bottom part of the post caught my eye. Seems out of place to me. Strikes me as scummy. So I'm going with my gut and placing you at third.

BroodyMoods, Zako and Scatterbrain have not really drawn my attention in any way, though I would not rule out the possiblity of the scum being any of them.

Now if you exuse me, I'm done typing for an hour and thirty minutes, and shall instead play majesty.
... The bottom part... strikes you as scummy? How on Earth does that make any sense? What seems out of place in there?

Seems like a pretty lame way to make me third, which means that you don't think I'm scum, just a possibility of scum. I, on the other hand, have just made you second, for finding nothing suspicious about those other three.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2010, 05:12:18 pm »

... Yes!

LOL PWNED, ya jerkface.

SO, time for some asskicking.

On that same link you gave us, it also states if one says without an "if" someone is a townie, which was pointed out by Scatter.
[snip]
Okay, then I'm going to lay it straight: Broody had TWO CHOICES. Literally. Lynch Town or lynch Town. Personally, he took the worse of the two choices and killed the main contributor. That's totally different, because that was a lose-lose choice. That's like playing Three-Card Monte. Your gut can't be right when none of the choices are.

so you're impying that breadbocks is town. as you can probably see from my above post, i find it hard to believe that anyone could arrive at this conclusion; wasn't there anything in there that, at least, made you think twice?[snip]

LOL PWNED, ya jerkface.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2010, 05:53:11 pm »

... Yes!

LOL PWNED, ya jerkface.

SO, time for some asskicking.

On that same link you gave us, it also states if one says without an "if" someone is a townie, which was pointed out by Scatter.
[snip]
Okay, then I'm going to lay it straight: Broody had TWO CHOICES. Literally. Lynch Town or lynch Town. Personally, he took the worse of the two choices and killed the main contributor. That's totally different, because that was a lose-lose choice. That's like playing Three-Card Monte. Your gut can't be right when none of the choices are.

so you're impying that breadbocks is town. as you can probably see from my above post, i find it hard to believe that anyone could arrive at this conclusion; wasn't there anything in there that, at least, made you think twice?[snip]

LOL PWNED, ya jerkface.
It doesn't work if the person knows about it. But, nice try. Look at number 6, ya idiot.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:35 am »

Now, who else has yet to answer, besides me?

I'd like to try and make a more concise list, thank you very much. List most scummy to least.

Eclipsetail : for obvious reasons; Lurking, Bandwagoning previous day, Opposing day extension, lack of explanations, generally all around scummy attitude.

breadbocks: same reasons as before. His posts are light, and while not nearly as bad as Eclipsetail's, he seems to leave a lot of room for wiggling. He also tends to vote first and explain later.

Zako: Support the lynch of Zathras and was the one who really drove the point home. I have doubts about his townie-hood. Seems remorseful about the innocent lynch, but having lead it to spare breadbocks, despite insisting that he thought Zathras was scum, I can't help but wonder if he was saving a scum buddy or just a good draw for town's attentions later.

Webaddict: No offense, you're a good player. You're making folks jump through hoops, which could be your veteran way of teaching/hazing/humoring us. If you were scum you'd tear us apart. You've taken over for a player who hadn't posted a single thing- damning or otherwise. I have no reason to really trust you, which is why I have every reason thus far to suspect you. Points, however, for trying to draw people into the game for your parlor scene.

I have some reservations about the rest, but these are the top four suspects- and the top two being who I see as scum team at the moment (or at least highest on the terrorist watch list).
I like you. Very creative answer. Wrong on a lot of points, but still, nice answer. Yeah, eclipsetail is more than likely scum and breadbocks is a good third choice, but why Zako or me and not scatteredbrain?

Problem is, you're not looking at everyone. You're looking at only the people that are talking, which doesn't include scatteredbrain, who is lurking hardcore. It's just a short-sightedness I'd like to make sure you correct. And, just so you know that this is more of an IC comment and not one to deflect away from myself, it's okay to be suspicious of the talking people. It's just not okay to NOT be suspicious of the quiet ones.

EDIT: You're also DEAD WRONG ON THE ZATHRAS LYNCH. See, YOU were the one that lynched Zathras, and pinning the blame on someone else? That's just downright scumtacular of you. See, I didn't notice that until I went searching, but that's exactly what you did. YOU lynched him. Zako threw out evidence on him. Just for that, I had to boost you up on my list, you lying sack of crap.

Just so everyone is aware, here's his post:
I'll likely regret this, but I have to go with my gut:

unvote

Zathras, I sincerely hope I am not wrong about this.
He basically lynched Zathras by himself. I wouldn't mind that if he wasn't a man and stuck by it, but he just lost a whole ton of points in that one line.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, your scumlist looks a little familiar...

For the record, before the day ends, I agree with you on eclipsetail. If I do hang, when I flip town, go after him even above breadbox. He bandwagoned on both of us, and seems happy to see anyone hang. If this is the case, the other one is probably Zako, since went after me safely knowing that breadbox is a townie because he knows who the scum is, and made no attempt whatsoever of going after eclipse.
Oh right, it's the list of that guy who you lynched, with a little twist at the end. Well, almost. The breadbocks thing isn't his, but breadbocks was the person you were voting previously.

Fair enough. I don't suspect scatterbrain, likely, out of laziness. I've skimmed his posts but as they tend more occasional than regular, I do not give them the same scrutiny. Or, honestly, USEC for that matter. I'll be amending that shortly (ugh, text block).

Zako, merely as he was the first to really oppose Zathras, and it also seemed to be in defense of breadbocks. He denies this by saying that breadbocks is just idiot town. I suspected Zathras at first mostly for asking for a day shorten, zealous attacks on breadbocks and at the beginning of his scumhunt marking shibdip as the next to be lynched for lurking- which seemed terribly counter-productive and leading the vote for the next active day. The fact that Zathras flipped town just can't help but make me wonder- Was Zako scum? Without Zako there's no way there'd be those other two votes on him (I consider breadbocks' vote a given, seeing as he was going to be lynched and this was his biggest opponent).

I first put my vote on Zathras to lean on him a little (at the time that made it a 3 to 2 lead over breadbocks). I wanted to see if he'd crack up. It didn't appear to me that he cracked up and there was the sudden bandwagon by eclipsetail, which made me uncomfortable. I moved my vote back over to breadbocks, feeling safer with the 3-3 tie that created. At that point I figured scum would make a move- which thinking about it now sort of happened. Scatterbrain moved his vote over to breadbocks- hmp. I'll get back to that in a moment, actually.

As the day wore on we had another gem from eclipsetail, opposing the day extension- which flustered me. The immediate thought was "Scum"; than I joined this up with zathras' opposition to the day extension. I had a very hard time of deciding what to do next. As I said earlier, I wanted to move my vote to Spartan 117 to three way tie the vote. I figured this would get scum moving (although it would be just as likely that Zathras would have moved his vote there- and if you're town spartan would have flipped town and I would be accusing zathras of scum play), just before the clock timed out. I really languished on the decision, mentally, ultimately deciding that- in some strange way- that eclipsetail bandwagoned as cover for himself and zathras.

As zathras posted toward the end of the day I was becoming convinced that he was town. But I had to stick with my gut feeling on this- even though it was wrong. If only I had known, which is obviously not possible. I also figured if I threw my vote off of zathras onto breadbocks that the vote hopping would create an epic amount of debate the next day.

Probably sounds scummy, I know. But despite what you may say, no one lynches anyone by themselves. There were three other votes there- mine just decided the vote. And if Spartan showed up or eclipsetail had decided to, they could have as well.

Also, the quote you're using there has zathras agreeing with me about my suspicions of eclipsetail- agreeing with a post I made previous to this quote. I know Zathras and I had both been suspicious of him previously, but he moved up in both of our scum lists toward the end of day one. Yes, breadbocks I still find curious. I am having a bit of a Pandora's box moment, mixed with The Grass is Greener" syndrome.

But back to the thought on scatterbrain: if he were scum I don't see how moving his vote to breadbocks would be beneficial. Breadbocks would provide a great cover for later on and a huge draw for suspicion. Hmm, I need to think about that more. I'll be rereading- it may take a while, but I'll try to keep abreast of new information/posts.

These are also only answers to Webaddict's questions. If I missed anything let me know, please.

I think this post is a bit outdated, as there has been a short novel published in this thread since the last time I read. I would like to finish it up with this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Humor is always the best answer. Though, not the least suspicious one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:43 am »

Hm... Okay.

Then, I'll leave the scum at eclipsetail and USEC. For they could not satisfy my prerequisites on non-scummitude. I'm hoping I'm not wrong, but I'm feeling pretty good about this.

If anyone has anything else to say, say it now. I've... I dunno, I ran out of things to say, plus boosted the number of responses and activity by a ton.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2010, 09:21:16 am »

just remembering that i didn't get back to you about the question i asked you broody;

The reason I ultimately switched my vote was a gut feeling (shows me right). As I said previously I thought there was some sort of common thread between Eclipsetail and Zathras, both of them opposing the day extension and all. The way Eclipsetail was acting was just making me very nervous. I didn't know if he was voting his scum buddy so if he flipped it would look good for him or what. Whatever the case in retrospect my reasoning doesn't seem nearly as sound. I was hoping to elicit a response out of him. My initial thought was to switch my vote to spartan and make a three way tie- I figured that would force people (scum) to make their move by highlighting three potential candidates (of whom all were suspicious in some aspect or another).

However, I switched my vote and I couldn't make an adequate reason to switch it again with the lynch so close- even though Zathras' last posts made me want to switch. My bad. I just ground my teeth and bore it. But in all fairness I would suspect me as well, given your position.

like i said, you would need a damn good reason to pull something as game-changingly big as that - and as you're saying yourself, it just... wasn't. and 'going with your gut' doesn't fit in with someone who's game seems to be based on reason and deduction. also, not looking over USEC and mysself - that, too doesn't fit in with the rest of who you are coming across as, a pretty watertight and watchful townie.

nevertheless, i still think you're town; even though you haven't come under any real suspicion so far, you're giving off good vibes and have, on the whole, been helpful to the cause. and those are the only two things i have picked up on - just saying it doesn't all add up, yknow? but i'm not being very helpful by just saying this; so i'm gonna ask you, broody, to A) account for USEC and mysself, once you have read through the latter part of the thread that has sprung up, and B) give your thoughts on said new part of thread - particularly if your thoughts on breadbocks have changed any, as you seem to be humming and hawing about him alot. but to be honest, i'd be surprised if you didn't get round to doing those things anyway.

oh, and another reminder to zako to elaborate on the reasons for his 'gut feelings' about me. could you be any more specific? it must be pretty strong for you to be actually voting for me; it's hard to believe that you have nothing you can point at and say, 'that's why'.

and, as if i haven't made it abundantly clear already, i think that eclipsetail - yes, i'm talking to you, buddy! hello there! - is scum, and would like him to put a post of some kind in; hell, at this point i don't care if you say 'hey guys, i'm really the mafia, LOL', because unless you pull something major out of the hat then my opinion about you is too far gone to be changed any, but still - fight back just a tiny bit, maybe?! these votes aren't going to go away just because you're pretending they aren't there!

while i'm on the subject, a word to diablous; has eclipsetail been poked yet? have you had any sort of indication (that you can share with us) that he is alive? how close is he, at this point, to being replaced?

If anyone has anything else to say, say it now. I've... I dunno, I ran out of things to say, plus boosted the number of responses and activity by a ton.

it's a long time till nightfall buddy. i don't want you putting in a good word for yourself, then scampering off into the distance. i'll start you off with this to talk about; i had some questions directed at you, webadict, particularly at the tail-end of the last post i made in response to your own. care to answer some of them for me? or, at least, give your thoughts on them? i'm not certain if you backing down at the end of that was you deciding that i was safe enough townie, or if you're scum getting scared that you'd gotten in too deep. hopefully i'll be able to make a better judgement after i've read dialogue between yourself and USEC.

speaking of that; will look into it later. really tired right now, so i'll leave it for a bit. that, and keeping up my part of the correspondence with breadbocks.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:07 am »

Right, sorry. I remembered seeing this and was going to answer, but I had some things to do.

so you're impying that breadbocks is town. as you can probably see from my above post, i find it hard to believe that anyone could arrive at this conclusion; wasn't there anything in there that, at least, made you think twice?
He is more likely town. I'm more biased on the fact that I tried the same thing in another game (Although with much different circumstances), but his reasoning to begin with was terribad, but then it seemed legitimate near the end.

i think i've made it abundantly clear, for all of the time in the game that i've actually been able to form an opinion on such matters, that breadbocks and eclipsetail were my number one scumchoices, followed closely by spartan and shibdib for their lurkiness. so anything else - the only instance that immediately comes to mind is with zathras - is basically just me reasoning out what is/is not scummy about that person. i don't think i've ever cried 'scum' on anyone but the aforemention suspects; but i have been keeping tabs on them, and letting them know about it whilst seeing if anything more can be dug from them in the process. the more you know...
Right, but the scum KNOW that the people they're after aren't scum, hence they have reservations about calling people scum, either because they don't feel so or because they're afraid it'll attract attention.

1) well yeah, everyone agrees that eclipsetail is scum. but he has made it pretty obvious, hasn't he? and 2) i made my own, independent post explaining why, on day 1, my initial vote went to eclipsetail. the vote was made without regard to where anyone else was voting. my closing vote of the day was made WITH regard to where everyone else was voting - but only because i had every reason to suspect that one guy was scum, very little reason to suspect the other guy (something else i dissected on my own initiative) and EVERY reason for trying to avoid a nolynch.
Mkay.

to conclude: i'm not really sure about you webadict. this looks like scumhunting, and i'll buy that sometimes you need to be scrappy just for the sake of having a go... but that's all i really have to go on for now. that, and some 'hey guys post some more' posts over the last few pages. it's alright, but nothing really substantial, and nothing that makes me feel safe about you yet.

...you see? i'm now saying you're really really definately scum. but then, why should i, when for the time being i don't think you are? and why would you imply that thinking that is a bad thing?
I'm just saying that you need to be sure of yourself, or you may end up second-guessing yourself until the end.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2010, 10:29:03 am »

A mysterious voice from the grave cries "Hey mod, how about a vote count?"

You also feel that the Universe is pleased with the increased activity and the renewed voices of those silent for so long...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:55:13 am by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2010, 10:50:53 am »

Programmingprogrammingprogrammingprogramming...

My god, look at the code! IT'S EVERYWHERE!

Sorry once again, it's just that I have to hand in a assignment this week and it still needs work.

For scatterbrain:

My gut feeling was that you were always in the background. You didn't stand out much and didn't make too much of a fuss, which seemed scummy to me at the time. You have now proven yourself in my eyes however. Unvote. Keep up that scumhunting!

Now.... my attention has come on to breadbocks. I've been considerable for him this game since he has given many newb tells to me, but I must admit, he is looking very shaky.

Nice dissection of breadbocks. Worthy of mad science. I'm still don't think your town, but you have raised yourself in my opinion.

Breadbocks, what do you think about all the dirt that scatter just dug up on you? How do you defend yourself from that?

Eclipsetail, why aren't you saying something?! SAY SOMETHING! PROVE THAT YOU LIVE!!!
First off, somehow, people keep thinking I made the vote on me at the beginning was a gambit. As I have said so, so, so many times, it was to make conversation. There was not a single game post before that. No wine, no hidden agenda. Just an icebreaker. I had all intentions on voting for someone once I had a reason to, but there was nothing yet.

Next, in the second example you gave, there was no wifom that I could see. Just me pointing out various possibilities on what I could be.

For the third example, I was stating that it would be interesting to see the crew of a beginner game deliberate whether a self-admitted scum was Joker or scum. Same deal with the fourth example. Me discussing the merits or lack thereof of the BBB gambit. Also in the fourth example, you misread the post. I didn't say no one would suspect me, just a BBB gambit.

Fifth example. Why else would anyone want to play, if not for fun and challenge. I want to win, but I want to have fun more. And I specified straight scumhunting, not my own brand of it.

Sixth example, well what would I ask? "Sparten, are you scum? Durrrrr"

Seventh & Eighth example: What would you have done in my position? It was seeming like I was going to be lynched, and defending myself only seemed to condemn myself further, so why not speed things up?

Ninth, I did do digging. He was striking me as suspicious, so I voted for him.

Tenth, see eight.

Eleventh example is just you restating what has been said. So I'll restate what I said. IT WAS THE FIRST POST OF THE DAMN GAME. Where the hell would I stash a gambit in that, and who the hell would I have been pulling a gambit on?
ugh, forgot to preview post... what the hell, figure it out yourselves :p
O RLY?

Also, good afternoon all.

Firstly, you openly discussed a related gambit. Bad idea, as it puts the wrong ideas in the town's heads. You could have instead gone with a nice random vote and get a reaction that way.

Don't say what you COULD be, say what you ARE. Don't confuse us, it's scummy.

It was quite clear that there was no joker role in this mafia thread. If you want to discuss a tatic that could apply elsewhere, make a thread for it, but dont talk about it here.

What part of TEAMWORK don't you understand? It's a TEAM game, not a single player game.

Why not? You should never be afraid to ask questions, its the towny thing to do. Only scum have fear.

Townies don't fear the lynch before lylo. If they die but all the scum die afterwards anyway, they still WIN. Even if they are dead, townies can still win. If you are going to go out, go out with a bang and ATTACK! You have NOTHING to loose. Plus, shortening the day hurts other townies if they don't know whats going on. Therefore, its scummy.

The whole point is that you ask questions as you vote. PUSH HIM. Make him answer questons with your vote hanging over him like a sign of doom. It will help him to crack.

It was the first post of the game, and you kicked it off by making a statement to raise wtf's in the town. Think it through before you do something like that, you only hurt yourself and got little out of it, as far as I can tell.

So, Breadbocks, I want to see what you have to say to this. What's your explaination for all of these slips?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:17 am »

Votecount:
lipsetail - {4} - TheBroodyMoods, webadict, USEC_OFFICER, Scatterbrain
Scatterbrain - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Zako - {0}
TheBroodyMoods - {0}
webadict - {0}
breadbocks - {2} - eclipsetail, Zako

Not voting
breadbocks

If there are any errors, tell me.

while i'm on the subject, a word to diablous; has eclipsetail been poked yet? have you had any sort of indication (that you can share with us) that he is alive? how close is he, at this point, to being replaced?

I just prodded him. Told him his level of activity isn't really acceptable, and he needs to be more active, or he'll wind up replaced. He's been on about everyday, and I've seen him post in other threads.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2010, 01:54:17 pm »

I just prodded him. Told him his level of activity isn't really acceptable, and he needs to be more active, or he'll wind up replaced. He's been on about everyday, and I've seen him post in other threads.
This tends to happen when they're scum.

Or when they hate playing mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2010, 02:01:39 pm »

Surprising number of people who find they hate this after they try, huh?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27