Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Lone Wolf & Project Aon: SeventhSense 1.16.1 update - Books 1-16 playable!  (Read 19887 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Lone Wolf & Project Aon
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13:25 pm »

Yeah, noticed it some minutes after posting. ;)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13:52 pm »

edit

This should probably be at the top....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:59 pm »

This is awesome, I'll be checking them out.  I remember borrowing and reading some of these books from my elementary school library when I was a kid.

I am more familiar with the Fighting Fantasy series though.  For those who've played both, how do they compare?  Do they have a cool little app for FF books as well?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 12:51:46 pm »

I love it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »

The series makes an art out of kicking you while you're down.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Elven_ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chabrik/
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:48 pm »

Awesome.

Thanks for the info...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:18 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 03:16:54 pm »

Well I discovered a lot of the variations of "fun" you can have in this game ;)

But I finally finished the 1st chapter.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

Neat, just finished the first book on my second run, I was lucky and rolled a 9 for combat that set me up nicely to slaughter most I met. Certainly better than the 0 on my first attempt.

Cheers for suggesting it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »

I like this link better than the one in the OP:
http://www.projectaon.org/staff/david/index.php

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:01 pm »

I hate it that the combat and endurance stats are randomly generated at the beginning of the game- Even though i gained decent ones. Either you get a good one, or your character is doomed to die again and again. Bah. I never got it why so many games determine the stats at random.

I think i`m in chapter three or four now, and there were quite some interesting incidents until now. (It went quite well until i recently got an arrow into my head on a natural roll of 0  ::) )

He, this game got me thinking. How awesome would a Dwarf Fortress choose your own adventure be? "You are in a room. There`s a lever. Do you want to Pull it? )

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 05:44:48 pm »

I like this link better than the one in the OP:
http://www.projectaon.org/staff/david/index.php

Oop, yeah, should have used that one. Lack of sleep, and stuffs.

I hate it that the combat and endurance stats are randomly generated at the beginning of the game- Even though i gained decent ones. Either you get a good one, or your character is doomed to die again and again. Bah. I never got it why so many games determine the stats at random.

SeventhSense lets you do a points distribution method if you don't like rolling. Or you can just give yourself max stats.

Spoiler: Concerning the Sommerswerd (click to show/hide)

Those options assume you picked up the game after Book 2. Or were the biggest jerk of all and just threw away the SS.

Don't worry though. Even with the SS later on, some fights take everything you have to win.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:48:21 pm by nenjin »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:46 pm »

This is incredibly fun, thanks for bringing it up.

He, this game got me thinking. How awesome would a Dwarf Fortress choose your own adventure be? "You are in a room. There`s a lever. Do you want to Pull it? )

Never pull the lever. Ever.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »

Well, sadly, SeventhSense is only good up to the start of the Magnakai, apparently they need to update to use the rest of the books. The good news is he's updating regularly and the Magnakai (at least Book 6) should be up soon. (His last post was today, in fact.)

I was kind of hoping he had a good template so he could crank stuff out, but apparently he has to do a lot of individual work for coding stuff like gambling events.

Also he's programmed in achievements for accomplishing stuff in different ways throughout the series. 70 achievements in the first 12 books! It's a nice touch.

http://projectaon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=seventhsense&action=display&thread=1683&page=5
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:03:15 pm by nenjin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »

Yeah... chewed through the first five books today as I was going about preparing to pack up. Program like SS makes choose yer own adventure stuff much more... bearable. Maxed stats (well, and plethora of other option tweaks, heh.) definitely make most of the combat fairly trivial -- after th'second book or so I never really had combat trouble. Somewhere between there and the third, you can get something like +8 or so to CS... can even manage it without dual wielding, but you'd have to constantly reroll the weaponskill kai until you got plain swords. But I had most of the option stuff on, so whatever. Still died quite regularly all throughout, generally to completely random, zero-warning, only-way-to-find-out-is-die stuff (P.S. Take the balcony.), which really, really sucks when it happens near the end of th'book. Sometimes, though, to genuinely I-shouldn'ta-dun-that, which made me smile a bit. I also liked that even with uber-mench scores going, attrition between combat was very noticeable... at least until I got the healing kai, heh.

All in all, though, very interesting. Made me want to go hunt down all the Conan books :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8