Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Lone Wolf & Project Aon: SeventhSense 1.16.1 update - Books 1-16 playable!  (Read 19873 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lone Wolf & Project Aon: SeventhSense 1.16.1 update - Books 1-16 playable!
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2014, 04:29:44 pm »

Looks cool.  I might actually do legit playthroughs with a tool like this.  If I read the physical book, my left hand is always on the last page I made a significant choice on.  Also, can't be bothered to actually do maths when I'm reading an adventure story.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2014, 09:38:52 pm »

Well, I finished the vidya game and felt compelled to write a Steam review. It's here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nenjin024/recommended/279440/

Short version is, Lone Wolf fans can probably enjoy or maybe even love it. But I had some problems with the whole package, particularly the story. It's just not that good, penned and overseen by Dever or not. Not compared to the other things Lone Wolf has done, seen or killed. It's a pretty good port of a mobile game, but for a PC game it's very casual and it's all QTEs. And despite being a CYOA RPG game....I don't really think I'm going to replay it.

Honestly, SeventhSesnse stacks up better against this thing despite the lack of graphics, music, sound effects or real time combat. Simply by virtue of the story you're reading and the mechanics which back it up.

Spoiler: Bit of a rant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:09:36 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2014, 01:12:59 am »

I'd sure appreciate some acknowledgment that my Lone Wolf has 20 more combat rating than the mooks and angry strangers Lone Wolf meets.  I mean, surely I should be able to roll to subdue the guy who attacks me over a misunderstanding, rather than slash him to bits with the Sommerswerd.  Maybe the big crowd of starving giaks who all together have 20 less CS than me shouldn't be able to damage me at all.

I'm pretty pissed my Shield got taken away after the Grandmaster Kai rerolls, too.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2014, 01:24:49 am »

I'd sure appreciate some acknowledgment that my Lone Wolf has 20 more combat rating than the mooks and angry strangers Lone Wolf meets.  I mean, surely I should be able to roll to subdue the guy who attacks me over a misunderstanding, rather than slash him to bits with the Sommerswerd.  Maybe the big crowd of starving giaks who all together have 20 less CS than me shouldn't be able to damage me at all.

I'm pretty pissed my Shield got taken away after the Grandmaster Kai rerolls, too.

Are you using an updated version of SeventhSense? Because there's rules configuration for how all that stuff works.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2014, 01:30:10 am »

I'm just doing by the book.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]