Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The LoZ thread  (Read 5663 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The LoZ thread
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 11:02:39 pm »

I use Zelda Reorchestrated. It has all the music, but with an orchestra instead of MIDI's.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:17 am »

My first experience playing a Zelda game was renting OoT and playing a save that was right after getting to the forest temple.

No context, 10 or 11 years old, first thing I experience is a crazy dungeon with blaring music and a castle town full of zombies.

I have the gold cartridge version of Majora's Mask with the holographic label. Really wish they'd make another Link in Wonderland style game like Majora's Mask.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:48 am »

these games are the trippiest/best stuff ever.... anyone else notcie that link marries the fish creature princess at the end of the water temple in OoT?
Nom nom nom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 11:53:07 am »

I have the gold cartridge version of Majora's Mask with the holographic label. Really wish they'd make another Link in Wonderland style game like Majora's Mask.

They did seven years earlier. Check out Link's Awakening.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 11:56:08 am »

I liked Majora's Mask a lot, but re-playing it, it seems so collect everything style.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 01:07:23 pm »

They did seven years earlier. Check out Link's Awakening.
I liked that one too. What I meant was "I wish in the near future they would make another one."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:51 pm »

these games are the trippiest/best stuff ever.... anyone else notcie that link marries the fish creature princess at the end of the water temple in OoT?
That's actually how he gets out of marrying Ruto. He got himself into the engagement by accepting the Zora Sapphire from her, but they couldn't get married after she became a Sage. Possibly due to the problems it would cause with the other 4 women among the Sages(all of whom probably wanted to do Link really bad as well ;D).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:48 pm »

That's actually how he gets out of marrying Ruto. He got himself into the engagement by accepting the Zora Sapphire from her, but they couldn't get married after she became a Sage. Possibly due to the problems it would cause with the other 4 women among the Sages(all of whom probably wanted to do Link really bad as well ;D).
lolz.
And yes, ruto wants to give link her 'eternal love'.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 02:58:54 pm »

lolz.
And yes, ruto wants to give link her 'eternal love'.

There is actually a great comic adressing this.
Let me look for it.

Edit:
There it is:
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-082007.php
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:04:30 pm by Mindmaker »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 03:15:34 pm »

wow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 12:17:53 pm »

Necroing to ask...

The Ballad of the Wind Fish in Link's Awakening, and Saria's Song in OoT, do they use the same notes but a different rhythm?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 01:42:58 pm »

I never understood why people liked majoras mask. I found it was a horrible, crappy, disgusting experience, wrapped in the engine of a game I loved, and ffs, EVERYBODY should love.

Thats like... getting a birthdaycake made of elephant poo, but disguised with your most famous frosting.

It's not fair at all, and reason enough to decide that the Zeldas Series was over with OoT. Looking at Windmaker or Fartmaster or however it was called, this is probably true. R.I.P. Link. You was thee coolest crossdressing elf of them all.

I'm glad I didnt finish the very first game yet. And that I still ahve the old NES and the original LoZ cartridge. So I still can get something nice out of the series.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »

I never understood why people liked majoras mask. I found it was a horrible, crappy, disgusting experience, wrapped in the engine of a game I loved, and ffs, EVERYBODY should love.

Yeah well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »

I liked Majora's mask. I liked OoT better, but it was still a good game. Same for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Actually, I might like Twilight Princess better than OoT, not sure.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: I just beat ocarina of time.
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2010, 01:16:05 am »

So I take it I'm the only one who actually likes the various Water Temples?

I always love the water temples although they are always the most confused. in Twilight princess, I got to the boss chamber in lakebed temple without raising the water level the second time. I used my clawshot to get onto the chandalire then dropped straight down.

ANYWAY, Is anyone else as excited about Skyward Sword as I am? the new LoZ game should be coming out some time next year.
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6