Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The LoZ thread  (Read 5656 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The LoZ thread
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 07:55:10 pm »

What about the original? Yay for stabbing around randomly trying to hit Ganon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

I haven't seen anyone mention Link's Awakening. Anyone else played it? It'll always hold a special place in my heart, as it was the first LoZ game I played.

I loved Links Awakening. Though I know a lot of people actually never played it.

For me it is:
1. Link to the Past
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Links Awakening
4. Majoras Mask
5. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
6. Windwaker
7. Twilight Princess
8. Minish Cap

I've yet to finish Twilight Princess, but what I have played of it (Around 20 hours). I haven't really liked. Minish Cap was alright, but far too short for my liking. I have yet to play Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 08:01:33 pm »

What about the original? Yay for stabbing around randomly trying to hit Ganon.
That was awesome.  I dug up my old NES a few months back and played it--battery still worked (old data long gone, but it saved my new stuff).  Finished each quest in about a day, although I somehow forgot to get the silver arrows before running into Ganon the first time in the second quest..."Wait, now what D:"

Such a great game.  Still my favorite Zelda.  And such a tiny, tiny development team, and they did it on such a short timescale!  Truly, there are lessons we can all learn from them.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 08:03:19 pm »

Legend of Zelda was okay, but I still get angry while playing Zelda II. FUUUUUUKING BATS

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 08:05:36 pm »

You should try playing Legend of Zelda 2 3D.  Oh god, those bouncing skulls coming at you from behind, when you're seeing the world from an FPS view...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »

Legend of Zelda was okay, but I still get angry while playing Zelda II. FUUUUUUKING BATS
Up-Stab. Or are you talking about the people who turn into bats? Or those people who turn into near-invincible? Fun when you bounce on them with Down-Stab.

I also remember how hard it was getting past the river bridge(the one you need Rauru's letter for). I didn't know where the guy was, and I spent so long trying to get past with a Jump spell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »

For me it is:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Link to the Past
3. Windwaker
4. Majoras Mask
6. The Legend of Zelda
7. Twilight Princess
999. Zelda II - The Adventures of Link

I hated Zelda II so much. The caves were the worst part, with the blindness and the invincible bats. Luckily I have all of these except for Windwaker and Twilight Princess on a Collector's Edition Gamecube disc, which I can pop into my Wii. It's unfortunate that I lost my copy of the Windwaker, because it was my favorite combat-wise. Picking up the ginormous swords of your foes and swiping back at them was sweet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 08:45:32 pm »

Up-Stab. Or are you talking about the people who turn into bats? Or those people who turn into near-invincible? Fun when you bounce on them with Down-Stab.

All the bats. All of them. Especially the ones in the darkness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »

Uh, you get the Candle in the very first dungeon. I don't even think you (should) even see bats in darkness before you get it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 09:11:50 pm »

Uh, you get the Candle in the very first dungeon. I don't even think you (should) even see bats in darkness before you get it.
Yes, but if you don't know where that is, you end up wandering through the first cave or two totally blind. It's painful to say the least.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 11:01:23 pm »

I once beat the first three Labyrinths of the first game with only the candle before getting incredibly bored and just finishing with the sword.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 11:04:27 pm »

OoT is my favorite video game. I really liked the Wind Waker as well. Twilight Princess was okay. I shamefully admit I have never played most of the other games in the series.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 01:59:03 am »

I must echo others that thought Majora's mask was a bit better. The story was more interesting, the enviroments were more varied, and the enemies were generally more interesting, as well as the characters.
Plus, there were some parts that were downright bizzare, and that's one thing i've always loved about the zelda series, that it can be bizzare and sometimes disturbing without being vulgar or grotesque.
It captures the strangeness of people in some fascinating ways.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 02:01:06 am »

I must echo others that thought Majora's mask was a bit better. The story was more interesting, the enviroments were more varied, and the enemies were generally more interesting, as well as the characters.
Plus, there were some parts that were downright bizzare, and that's one thing i've always loved about the zelda series, that it can be bizzare and sometimes disturbing without being vulgar or grotesque.
Majora's Mask was better in a lot of ways, but the time limit was annoying, especially because you could rewind time indefinitely anyway.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:46 am »

Majora's Mask was better in a lot of ways, but the time limit was annoying, especially because you could rewind time indefinitely anyway.
I personally enjoyed the time limit, if only for the mood it created. Even knowing I could just rewind time, as a child I kind of had this sense of urgency when I played the game. I think one of my fondest memories was playing the game on new years eve, and having the ball drop on the tv behind me, while the moon in game dropped.
Heh.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6