Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109891 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 2: Someone Needs To Report A Missing Person
« Reply #375 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »

Zai is probably town.

Suspicious of Org, Lonewolf, and IronyOwl.

Why?

Pandarsenic, you've been somewhat lurky. Who do you suspect and why?

Jokerman-EXE, you've basically hushed up since your argument with Eduren. Do you still suspect him, and who else do you suspect?

Ottofar and Org, get in here and do something.

Way to call me out for catching scum.

I'm going to be without my main computer from tomorrow to Labor Day weekend's conclusion; with any luck, I'll be able to either post SLOOOOOOOOOWLY from my phone or post garbled nonsense from a netbook's child-sized keyboard.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 29, 2010, 04:30:19 pm »

Why Toonyman? Is it because I can hit scum and you can't?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 29, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »

Eduren and IronyOwl, why were you two defending Spartan yesterday? You both voted me for identical reasons, and then the guy flips scum. In addition to Eduren defending/buddying Vector, I think you guys have some explaining to do.

Also, TheBroodyMoods didn't take any action at all last night.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 29, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

Really id like to hear Eduren about Spartan 'surprising' scumminess, and mostly why he felt obligated to stand by him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 29, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »

Day 1 conversation.
Details. Also, why should it take three separate questions to get information that should have been included when you first spoke? While I'm at it, do you think Org is being useful?

Way to call me out for catching scum.
You were something like the sixth vote on him, and said yourself you based this off the results of Zai's pressure. You did a good job of following your vote up with questions initially, but afterwards you pretty much just popped in now and then to make a comment. Why so keen to take credit, and why so defensive?

Eduren and IronyOwl, why were you two defending Spartan yesterday? You both voted me for identical reasons, and then the guy flips scum. In addition to Eduren defending/buddying Vector, I think you guys have some explaining to do.

Also, TheBroodyMoods didn't take any action at all last night.
And do you remember what that reason was? You lurked, popped out to OMGUS bandwagon an easy target once he poked you, then went back to lurking. The fact that it was ultimately the correct decision doesn't mean it isn't suspicious behavior.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 29, 2010, 06:39:02 pm »

IronyOwl, as you can clearly see I was the third of 4 votes on Spartan, at no point mentioned Zai (though I may have used his reasoning without remembering it was his), and with Ottofar and Eduren at 3 votes each at the same time, it is highly unlikely that anyone voting for Spartan was scum, except MAYBE Vector, but that's pure WIFOM and I will have none of it.

Therefore, I am forced to conclude you are attempting to paint me in a negative light for a combination of my general laziness leading to infrequent posting and skimming rather than reading of the thread (allowing you to later go OH WHYDJA IGNORE ME FOR THIS) in combination with my accuracy in determining your partner's identity.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 29, 2010, 07:23:01 pm »

IronyOwl, as you can clearly see I was the third of 4 votes on Spartan
You're correct that I just sort of took Jokerman's estimate at face value, so you weren't the sixth vote. You are incorrect that you were the third of four votes; you were the fifth of five votes at the time. Ottofar jumped ship way later on, but you were nonetheless the last of five people to vote for Spartan. Who did you think was after you?
Spoiler: Votes In Order (click to show/hide)

at no point mentioned Zai (though I may have used his reasoning without remembering it was his)
Admittedly, you didn't seem to have a problem with anything but the vote hopping, so my claim that you were mostly using Zai's work isn't right. You still noted that he was continuing to vote hop, so the notion that you found him out still strikes me as ridiculous. Confirmed to your own satisfaction, yes.

and with Ottofar and Eduren at 3 votes each at the same time, it is highly unlikely that anyone voting for Spartan was scum, except MAYBE Vector, but that's pure WIFOM and I will have none of it.
According to the first votecount after your vote, between which I saw no changes in vote, there were zero votes on either. Which part of the game are you looking at? The very end, pages and pages after you had cast your vote and done little else? Are you trying to say, after voting him for vote-hopping, that scum would have simply vote-hopped off without consequence, and hence any previous behavior of yours is beyond reproach? That's pretty much the essence of bussing.

Therefore, I am forced to conclude you are attempting to paint me in a negative light for a combination of my general laziness leading to infrequent posting and skimming rather than reading of the thread (allowing you to later go OH WHYDJA IGNORE ME FOR THIS) in combination with my accuracy in determining your partner's identity.
So you feel that you are both too lazy to read the thread and also just so damn good that I'm trying to point out the former to disable the latter? Lucky break for scum that such a talented player has such obvious but not detrimental weaknesses, isn't it!

This isn't just defensiveness, it's defensive narcissism. It's also trying to distract from the method by pointing at the result, which is exactly what bussing is for.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »

I told TBM and Spartan117 to prove each other to be scum.

TBM was like "No, that's stupid"

Spartan117 was like, "SURE, IF YOU STOP LOOKING AT ME."

Also, I'm basing all my statements about vote quantities based on:

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Lonewolf I -
Jokerman-EXE - Spartan117, Eduren, [2]
Zathras -
Spartan117 - Zai, Org, Pandarsenic, Vector, [4]
Ottofar - IronyOwl, TheBroodyMoods, Lonewolf I, [3]
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster, [1]
Vector -
Toaster -
IronyOwl -
Eduren - Jokerman-EXE, Zathras, Ottofar, [3]
ToonyMan -
Zai - Mysteriousbluepuppet, ToonyMan, [2]

Not Voting -

Day Ends on Friday at 9 PM Central. 8 to Hammer.

Spartan 117 has been lynched!

Spartan 117 was GIR (mafia)!

You gather around the small robot that is Spartan. He's quirky, but he's too annoying to live. You all pull out powerful magnets and attempt to rip him apart, but he's made of a non-magnetic material and he has no visible circuitry to screw up. You beat him to death. Slowly.

That felt goooooood.

It is now Night.

GIR
As an annoying robot built with plenty of flaws, your main goal is rather unknown. You are built to serve, but you are built in such poor fashion as to do a shoddy job of it. But, luckily, you are built with destructive weapons and you're a robot. So doom da-doom-doom doom.
(Day) Assist [target] [player]: You can hinder a player by giving them fake information about another player.
(Night) Annoy [target]: You stop a player from being able to not only hear but go anywhere for the Night.
(Auto) What's The G Stand For?: Your actions have a 50% chance to do something else entirely.
(1-Use) Disguise: You dress up in a dog suit and will remain that way for 2 phases afterward (2 Days or 2 Nights, depending when it is used.) This will confuse anyone wanting your role name or any other part (You will be look town), including on death. This action cannot fail.
(X-Action) Scream: You emit a peircing scream for no reason whatsoever. This action may be used with another action.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »

I'd probably vote for Spartan if it came down to it. The issue I have here is that we know for a fact he's screwing up- this isn't some subtle anti-town ploy, this is facepalmingly bad failure. Normally, scumtells are things so incompetently bad for town that they have to be malice- but here, we're talking about incompetent malice. Discerning malicious incompetence from normal incompetence can be tricky, and I'm not sure we've got him on anything scum would want to do in that manner.

That said, we simply don't have any better targets, and he's firmly in the No Big Loss pile anyway. It just feels more like housekeeping than scumlynching.

So you'd lynch him, but you don't think he's scum?

Hey, wait, THIS WAS YOU
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Night 1: Robot Gets What's Coming To Him
« Reply #384 on: August 29, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - IronyOwl,
Org - ToonyMan,
Lonewolf I -
Jokerman-EXE -
Zathras -
Ottofar - Vector,
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Vector -
IronyOwl - Pandarsenic,
Eduren - Jokerman-EXE,
ToonyMan -
Zai -

Not Voting - Eduren, TheBroodyMoods, Lonewolf I, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Zathras, Ottofar, Zai, Org,

Day Ends on Wednesday at 9 PM Central. 7 to Hammer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2010, 12:53:03 am »

I'm not sure if I can explain in much more detail, it's like you got this ball.  I don't have to explain what the ball is made of because you know it's a ball.  Not going to go all made of such and such material you've got the answer right there and you just want to sound like you're actually doing something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 30, 2010, 02:04:29 pm »

I'm starting to think we need some massive prodding and a reinstatement of the rank system, because seriously guys... this thing is dying due to inactives and folks who think they can sign up, flake, and leave.

And it's pissing me off.

So COME ON, folks.  If you've got excuses, tell us what they are.  If you're just sitting in the back having a lurky old time, get your asses out here and make some arguments!  I may have been sidelining, but that's no good excuse.  Be the change you want to see in the game, and let's get scum-hunting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 30, 2010, 02:23:01 pm »

Sorry, I had a busy day, and didn't get home until now.  I'll try to do something useful tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 30, 2010, 02:37:13 pm »

I told TBM and Spartan117 to prove each other to be scum.

TBM was like "No, that's stupid"

Spartan117 was like, "SURE, IF YOU STOP LOOKING AT ME."
You said you "found scum." You were the last vote, so you clearly didn't find him as far as anyone else was concerned. I would assume you thought to ask him that in the first place because of his reactions earlier, which means you didn't really "find" him as far as you're concerned either- is this incorrect? What are you trying to say exactly?

Also, I'm basing all my statements about vote quantities based on:

<<end of day tally>>
Except, that's not relevant to when you did it, unless you're trying to say that you voted scum and are therefore confirmed and unquestionable town. That seems to be the general argument you've been making earlier, so why are you saying that? Why can't you explain yourself on your own merits, without pointing to the end result and saying it's therefore irrelevant?

I'd probably vote for Spartan if it came down to it. The issue I have here is that we know for a fact he's screwing up- this isn't some subtle anti-town ploy, this is facepalmingly bad failure. Normally, scumtells are things so incompetently bad for town that they have to be malice- but here, we're talking about incompetent malice. Discerning malicious incompetence from normal incompetence can be tricky, and I'm not sure we've got him on anything scum would want to do in that manner.

That said, we simply don't have any better targets, and he's firmly in the No Big Loss pile anyway. It just feels more like housekeeping than scumlynching.

So you'd lynch him, but you don't think he's scum?

Hey, wait, THIS WAS YOU
Yes, it was. Are you going somewhere with this? Why'd you include your question but not my response?

I'm not sure if I can explain in much more detail, it's like you got this ball.  I don't have to explain what the ball is made of because you know it's a ball.  Not going to go all made of such and such material you've got the answer right there and you just want to sound like you're actually doing something.
Except, you haven't really explained anything but that there's a ball "over there." You've said "Org is scum because of his day one posts, go figure it out," and sort of implied the same about Lonewolf, but you haven't actually explained anything yourself. Sure, we could go re-read D1 and figure out why you think Org is scum and Lonewolf is buddyscum, but we could do that anyway- why bother bringing it up if you're not going to do anything with it?

Perhaps more importantly, however, it doesn't convince us that you know why either is scum. It's really easy to say someone's "scummy." It doesn't mean you have any good reasons, just that you'd like to look like you're doing something. Saying they're "scummy because of their posts" is pretty much the same thing- you haven't actually said anything, so we can't get a reading on it. And since you seem to be fighting tooth and nail to prevent having to say anything, I have to ask: Why are you so afraid of opening your mouth? Why is any sort of communication with town something you'll do only when absolutely necessary, and even then only as much as you need to be able to claim you've responded?

Why are you so afraid of slipping up?

Sorry, I had a busy day, and didn't get home until now.  I'll try to do something useful tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.
...this doesn't explain all of Day 1. If you're going to do nothing for a game day and a half, you'd better have some damn good shit when you get back.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:29 pm »

This is pathetic.

TheBroodyMoods, Lonewolf, Zathras, and Eduren, get your asses in here.

Ottofar, you have yet to provide a half decent excuse. "Hey guys I vote so and so."
"Oh sorry I was busy I unvote and vote that other guy."
"Busy again sorry for not posting for days. I unvote and vote that one guy. More tomorrow I promise."
"Oh sorry I had a busy day. I'll do something useful tomorrow."

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?

More tomorrow.

I'm starting to think we need some massive prodding and a reinstatement of the rank system, because seriously guys... this thing is dying due to inactives and folks who think they can sign up, flake, and leave.
Nah. We just need that rule of "post at least once per real life day" back. No need for a rank system.

Webadict: I second that prod request of people who haven't shown their faces in here today.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53