Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109834 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 2: Someone Needs To Report A Missing Person
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2010, 10:57:44 pm »

I would like to get night killed as soon as possible as the later it happens the less helpful it is for town.

The metaphor I made up was for Org and IronyOwl.  It looks like Org is voting Eduren and not me for some reason though and IronyOwl asked some questions so,
It is relevant, that's what a metaphor is used for, making irrelevant things relevant.

And Broody is questioning whether I should be playing the game so I can't think of anything but saying yeah I am playing the game.

Hardly anyone else comes out with clear cut suspicion lists.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2010, 11:10:12 pm »

IronyOwl, my Wintuition said Spartan was scum and was right; it also says you are scum, and I expect it's right here as well.

The part where I'm picking up reasons for your scuminess after catching you is normal for me. You are scum. Give up. You're desperately throwing some sort of bitchfit attacking everyone to try to get suspicion off of you. Stop it. There's a difference between "IronyOwl is being aggressive" and "IronyOwl is trying to look like he's being aggressive" and wintuition says you're falling on the wrong side of the PARABOLA OF RAGE this game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure Panda is town as well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:48 am »

The metaphor I made up was for Org and IronyOwl.  It looks like Org is voting Eduren and not me for some reason though and IronyOwl asked some questions so,
It is relevant, that's what a metaphor is used for, making irrelevant things relevant.
You're still not responding to any questions, including the continuation of your own ball analogy.

Hardly anyone else comes out with clear cut suspicion lists.
True, but they come out with actual reasons why someone seems scummy. You've said who you think is scum but not why except in the vaguest terms. You're also not doing anything to follow up those suspicions, so it seems like your basic gameplan is "declare scum, return to lurking," without asking or answering any real questions in between.

The part where I'm picking up reasons for your scuminess after catching you is normal for me.
Wait what? When did you do either? You've repeatedly pointed to your vote on Spartan and repeatedly ignored questions. When did you out me as scum or point out my scumminess, beyond my pressuring you and not voting Spartan?

You are scum. Give up. You're desperately throwing some sort of bitchfit attacking everyone to try to get suspicion off of you.
I'm throwing the bitchfit in a desperate attempt to get suspicion off? You've done nothing but scream and moan about how you helped lynch Spartan and I'm attacking you, therefore you're town and I'm not. Let's see your arguments for me being scum:
Spoiler: Pandarsenic Attacks! (click to show/hide)

So we've got "I caught scum," "I voted earlier than I really did which means you're scum trying to shut me down," a truly damning Day 1 post in which I don't really think Spartan is scum, your "Wintuition," and my desperate thrashing in an attempt to avoid suspicion.

In other words, one is intuition, one is guessing wrong before the fact, and three of your five reasons are because I'm attacking you. HMMMMM.

Now let's look at your responses to my questions:
Spoiler: Pandarsenic Defends! (click to show/hide)

Wait, isn't that the exact same list? No wait, there's quibbling over who caught Spartan. I wonder if having your defense and attack being the exact same thing is good at alleviating suspicions?
Spoiler: Pandarsenic Ignores! (click to show/hide)

You fought me over the votecount and who "found" Spartan, but otherwise you've had no interest whatsoever in explaining yourself beyond attacking your attacker.

Stop it. There's a difference between "IronyOwl is being aggressive" and "IronyOwl is trying to look like he's being aggressive" and wintuition says you're falling on the wrong side of the PARABOLA OF RAGE this game.
Your desperate attempts to get me off your back are noted, scum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2010, 12:36:19 am »

What would these unanswered questions be one that spurts fountains of text of anger?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2010, 12:40:49 am »

What would these unanswered questions be one that spurts fountains of text of anger?
The ones we've been asking since the start of Day 2: Why you feel myself, Org, and Lonewolf I are scum, why you feel Zai isn't, and why you aren't doing anything to follow these suspicions up.

The majority of your Day 2 discussions have involved the fact that you say you've answered but haven't.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:02 am »

D:

I answered those man.  You're clouding your brain with scum rage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2010, 12:45:55 am »

D:

I answered those man.  You're clouding your brain with scum rage.

Aaaaand we've officially come full circle. I know damn well you're not that dumb, which means you legitimately don't want to be useful.

It's posts like these that make me consider the Jester theory.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2010, 12:47:47 am »

That doesn't make any sense, at least I tell you what you want to know.  You're not explaining why I'm being "dumb" or anything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2010, 12:50:20 am »

Soooo... I have work I'm supposed to be doing, rather than sitting around reading this...

But maybe we could resolve this with IronyOwl posting the questions, and Toony linking to his responses, rather than dealing with this circular, page-eating drivel.  I really don't want to have to read through this sort of crapola when I'm quote-picking tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:10 am »

Who I suspect: IronyOwl

Why: Listed reasons, particularly explicit willingness to lynch someone he didn't think was scum. Who just so happened to be scum.

Any other questions?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2010, 01:08:02 am »

Not for you.  That does look shockingly bad.

No, I'm mostly talking about the Toony-Irony argument that's happening right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2010, 01:20:20 am »

I know. I was just popping in to respond to the "ignored" question.

Like I said in BYOT's thread, the lack of netbook-compatible distractions means I'll be stepping my game up for the next week ._.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2010, 06:27:51 am »

Looks like my vote was redirected. Hurmph.

It is still Toonyman.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2010, 08:35:10 am »

I'm starting to think we need some massive prodding and a reinstatement of the rank system, because seriously guys... this thing is dying due to inactives and folks who think they can sign up, flake, and leave.

And it's pissing me off.

So COME ON, folks.  If you've got excuses, tell us what they are.  If you're just sitting in the back having a lurky old time, get your asses out here and make some arguments!  I may have been sidelining, but that's no good excuse.  Be the change you want to see in the game, and let's get scum-hunting.

Hazing the new chemist. Ill be there today since i can't stand straight on my own power.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 53