Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510811 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3135 on: March 24, 2012, 04:53:30 am »

Dear Mayor

NO I WONT GET YOU A WINDOW, I GOT NO SAND!

-Overseer
Dear Overseer,

I DON'T CARE IF WE HAVE NO SAND, I WANT THAT WINDOW AND I WANT IT NOW.

Sincerely, the mayor.

Dear Major

Actually, I made a shaft to send the window! Ignore the heat pull that lever to get it! Dont mind your room is being walled in....

-Overseer
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: March 24, 2012, 05:10:51 am »

Dear Residents of Angelspear

I want a rematch, If you're out of warriors i'll settle for uppity nobles.

Sincerely the Nidhoggr

Nidhoggr-
That was a rematch. And you only killed 23 dwarves this time. 4 of them were legendary. Dick. And all of my drakes, however many that was. But they were kinda useless.
-The dude whos making helms out of your hilariously expensive bones
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:37 am »

Dear Giant Olm,

We dropped that troglodyte into the channel so you could kill it. Why the hell did you let it beat you up? Last time I checked, our metalcrafter who is now a ranger trained you pretty good.

Sincerely, the overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dear Bembul Uzolginet,

Life is all about timing.

From the immaterial desk of;
The Lord of All-Things.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: March 24, 2012, 05:41:04 am »

Dear hivers of crazedlabors

If the Giant Wolf Spiders are scaring you so much, sac up and kill them yourself or wait for Captain Turris to come beat them to death with his Autogun, or quit spamming canclation messages about not being able to get a drink from the well., or alternativly drink the bottled water in the fucking watr purifier like a normal person.

And Convallis, hurry the hell up with the digging. i know you're working alone since we forgot to bring spar rockdrills, but we need our pill boxes and rockcrete for necessities and forge fuel.

Sincerly,
Lacinia ' Splint ' Harenventus, your Overseer.

Dear Giant Wolf Spiders,

Can you please leave my poor hivers alone? You keep scaring the piss out of them while they chop trees or get water and I don't have enough bullets to kill you lot.

Signed -see previous signature-

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 24, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

To that damn Magma Crab.

Congratulations on your induction into my 'I hate you' list.  I havent had a single non civilised critter cripple so many fortress residents.  Usually I send in the military by the 2nd one.  But you are benefiting from your unique habitat in that my crossbowguys can't see through the magma to shoot you, and my melee guys can't get to you to stab you.

So far you have severely wounded or permanently crippled 2 furnace operators, my fortress' only competent weaponsmith, 2 members of the crossbow squad and a paramedic.

So far no deaths thanks to the quick working medical team.  But keep it up and I'll do something horrible to you like...uh....flood you with magma?....Crap.   I'll think of something.   You are on notice buster.

The administration of WaterGate.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: March 24, 2012, 08:54:24 pm »

Dear miss Urist.

How many times now have I told you.
DO NOT GIVE BIRTH WHILE STANDING IN THE DANGER ROOM
Hmmm. Looking at your profile, it seems this is the first time I'm telling you this.
Well then. Let this be a lesson. Now please go and speak to your remaining son about that tantrum hes about to throw, and tell him to stop whining about his little dead sister who he never even met, and put on some pants.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wastedlands

• Bay Watcher
  • I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:28 pm »

To that damn Magma Crab.

Congratulations on your induction into my 'I hate you' list.  I havent had a single non civilised critter cripple so many fortress residents.  Usually I send in the military by the 2nd one.  But you are benefiting from your unique habitat in that my crossbowguys can't see through the magma to shoot you, and my melee guys can't get to you to stab you.

So far you have severely wounded or permanently crippled 2 furnace operators, my fortress' only competent weaponsmith, 2 members of the crossbow squad and a paramedic.

So far no deaths thanks to the quick working medical team.  But keep it up and I'll do something horrible to you like...uh....flood you with magma?....Crap.   I'll think of something.   You are on notice buster.

(Written on the legbone of Urist McPermaCrippled)
To Admin WaterGate:

Come at me, I could always use another xXCatLeatherThongXx. Next time though, tell your dwarves to put on some pants.

Yours forever, that Damned Magma Crab.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »

To: Overseer

All of us in the infirmary have talke dit out. We vote you obsidianize that magma crab's ass when you get the chance.

Sincerely,
Urist McInjured

luisedgm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 24, 2012, 09:57:21 pm »

Dear Ignorant Dwarves

WHEN I TELL YOU TO PLACE THAT ARTIFACT IN THE PLATINUM BIN THAT IS IN THE ARTIFACT STOCKPILE RIGHT BEHIND YOU DONT RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FORT TO GET A DAMN WOODEN BIN AND USE IT TO STORE THE ARTIFACT.

Sincerely,
An Enraged Overseer.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: March 24, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »

Dear inhabitants of my tunnel vision fort.

That jeweler is not resting in the coffin, he is stinking up the main hallway in the jeweler's workshop where he stayed. After you told me he was gone for a week, and you discovered him shortly after. But then, nobody brought him to the coffin. I was prepared to go on a vampire hunt, but you ruined the fun with your stupidity.

It's bad enough we're at peace with the gobbos, and the thieves and snatchers get caught by the masons or cats.

Hatefully, your overlord.

P.S. But considering our fort's safety, I have decided to be slightly adventurous. Don't worry, not at all as adventurous as you have heard of other forts (the master bookkeeper cannot calculate the appropriate low percent this project will be), but there may be needless hilarious death reports anyway.

P.S.S. We are all going to hell. Literally. That is all.
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: March 25, 2012, 02:53:47 am »

Dear naked moled dogs,

Please, just breed. We catch several mole dogs every season, and we train them well. Just breed for once.

Sincerely, the overseer.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: March 25, 2012, 05:16:12 am »

Dear giant sponge

STOP SCARING MY FISHERDWARFS, YOU CANT EVEN MOVE.

Love, Overseer
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: March 25, 2012, 10:22:57 am »

To that damn Magma Crab.

Dear administer of Watergate:

If magma won't work, then obsidianize the sick bastards.

I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: March 25, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »

To Urist McWoodCutters
RE: Battle Axes
Body:
Those adamantine battle axes are for our military. Not for you. The axes you have function perfectly well for what you use them for: cutting down trees.
If you continue to insist on laying claim to axes expressly constructed for our military, you will be drafted, and put on the forefront during the next siege with those axes you love so much.

And. Nothing. Else.

Kindly yours,
-The Management.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 504