Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511252 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3105 on: March 15, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »

Dear 6 of the Seven starting Urists:

When I define a burrows underground that we just dug out and assign ALL of you to it due to the forest we embarked in SPONTAINIOUSLY COMBUSTING, I do not expect you to just stand there, above ground, and burn to death. The only one of your seven knuckleheads that was smart enough to actually go to the burrows and not burn to death was Urist Mc Miner, who just threw a tantrum, is miserable, and may or may not survive.

Yours sincerly:

The Overseer wondering what on earth started that spontanious combustion.

Ugh I got the same problem!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: March 16, 2012, 03:03:51 am »

When I define a burrows underground that we just dug out and assign ALL of you to it due to the forest we embarked in SPONTAINIOUSLY COMBUSTING, I do not expect you to just stand there, above ground, and burn to death. The only one of your seven knuckleheads that was smart enough to actually go to the burrows and not burn to death was Urist Mc Miner, who just threw a tantrum, is miserable, and may or may not survive.

Yours sincerly:

Is it an evil biome?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Nostril actor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 16, 2012, 04:32:18 am »

Dear Dorfs,

Please continue throwing yourselves over the waterfall of 31z levels. Please continue ignoring the bridge built literally 1 space from the edge...

Yours truly,
Magical God to which 56 dwarves have wagered an embark (or reclaim) with
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:36:49 am by Nostril actor »
"Let me out! Let me out! Let me out!"
"Stay in there 'til ye rot, vampire scum!"
"Let me- Asvirgrail, Asvirgrail, Asvrigrail...! I NEED STONE! I NEED METAL! I NEED SHELLS!"
"Wait, what? 'Asvirgrail?' Ye mean ye've got a plan?! Well why didn't ye say so! Quick now, gimme the keys! HEAR THAT LADS, VAMPIRE'S GOT A PLAN!"
"A plan you say?! 'a's wonderful! Let 'im out, gotta see what 'e's gonna make!"

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 16, 2012, 05:11:00 am »

Yours sincerly:

Is it an evil biome?

Nope, it was calm. There was just a spontanious combustion.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 16, 2012, 07:06:35 am »

Yours sincerly:

Is it an evil biome?

Nope, it was calm. There was just a spontanious combustion.
Than it is probably a new bug - to fix this upload savegame  to DFFD and create a bug on a bugtracker (you may try searching but AFAIK combustion is a new problem).
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: March 16, 2012, 08:15:44 am »

I don't suppose Toady added burning bush to the game, did he?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:33 pm »

Dear Urist McWoodworker,
  WHY did you claim the +2000☼ decorated +steel battle axe+ I bought from the caravan specifcially for our axe squad-leader? Argh, now I can't reassign it.

Dear Urist McSquadLeader,
  Either drop that useless (copper axe), or go over to Urist McSquadleader and shove it into somewhere debilitating and painful and take your +steel battle axe+. Seriously, go do it. NOW.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 17, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »

turn off his woodcutting labor and the military should upgrade when the woodcutter bins it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:53 pm »

To The crossbowman
RE: The eagle

That was a very nice shot, and the dead bird even managed to fall down the central shaft in the fortress.  They should make a sport out of that.

Unfortunately, at the bottom of that shaft is the water cistern.  And now everybody is complaining that the water tastes like dead bird.

Please cut down on the showboating.

The Administration.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:43 pm »

I'm not sure if this is epic win, or epic fail, but the stray bunny that arrived with my third migrant wave just bit the Human Corpse in the upper arm ... and The Stray Bunny latches on firmly!  It will be be humorous is the vile beastie actually helps defend my fort of 21 dwarves from the 29 zombies that just arrived. :D

Dear Urists' McMilitia Members,

The Stray Bunny is making you look bad!  Start killing them instead of teasing them!

Your slightly annoyed overseer.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 18, 2012, 08:09:09 am »

Zombies are supposed to bite the living, not the other way around.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 18, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »

turn off his woodcutting labor and the military should upgrade when the woodcutter bins it.
Tried. Hell, I tried removing the axe from the axedwarf, but neither of them would drop it, even when I forbid both.

Whatever, I've already made replacement steel weapons for the entire military, except the crossbow squad who had to make do with iron.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: March 18, 2012, 04:41:22 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner:

Would you just stop freaking out at seeing the amphibian men and dig the damn stairway to the caverns? You've already seen them like 20 times, and frankly I don't give a crap if they tear you apart. Just do it and I'll . . . um . . . give you, like, a fancy silver statue or something.

Sincerely,
Armok the Vile Overseer (aka me)

mikelon

« Reply #3118 on: March 18, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

Dear Dogsquad

We are certainly impressed, when we ruptured the HFS and sent our 3 squads of adamantine warriors to fight them we thought for certain that they could handle most of the demons, unfortunately half of them attacked the food stockpile and as such the fort was left defenseless, or so i thought.

You dogsquad consisting of 80 wardogs that we stationed in the first cavern as way to protect civies from troglodtytes, you killed 42 demons, and gave the masons time to wall off that part of the fort. Your careless actions have earned your kin the highest of honors, a gold floored, room decorated with silver statues of dogs for your pen.

The administration

potatato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: March 18, 2012, 10:01:00 pm »

Dear women of my fort,

Stop having children.  That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 504