Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21364 times)

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 7
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »

You know, you should try to lift your curse by yourself. As I'm not going to lift your sleep until it's gone. If you don't try to lift it, you're going to have to wait until we come back with a powerful wizard that can cure your curse. And... What are you going to do all those turns while we search for a wizard?
Well, I would -- it's just that I have a -3 to all rolls, which means in even the best of scenarios, I roll a 3. So there's really no way I can lift the curse myself while asleep, and if I fail to do so I die for betraying Mal.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2010, 05:50:28 pm »

You know, you should try to lift your curse by yourself. As I'm not going to lift your sleep until it's gone. If you don't try to lift it, you're going to have to wait until we come back with a powerful wizard that can cure your curse. And... What are you going to do all those turns while we search for a wizard?
Well, I would -- it's just that I have a -3 to all rolls, which means in even the best of scenarios, I roll a 3. So there's really no way I can lift the curse myself while asleep, and if I fail to do so I die for betraying Mal.
But it doesn't say "-3 to all rolls", it just says "-3, failguard". For all you know it could mean -3 to waking up, and only to waking up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2010, 06:13:05 pm »

But it doesn't say "-3 to all rolls", it just says "-3, failguard". For all you know it could mean -3 to waking up, and only to waking up.
Well, earlier in the game when I was possessed by Mal, it explicitly specified that I had '-1 to breaking free'. Given the lack of modifiers after -3 now, I assume it applies to all actions, or at the very least actions that would be difficult to do whilst asleep (I think exorcism is included here)

Besides that -- if I wake up, the only person I'm going to kill immediately will be ExKirby. You don't take a sleeping man's clothes! Afterward I'll focus on buying time or attaining power under the guise of 'making sure I can complete my objective'. With aforementioned power, I presume breaking the curse would be much easier, and less likely to result in death.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »

The -3 applies to all physical actions, and all actions that require knowledge of your surroundings or affect your surroundings.  I will also say that when you wake up, you get a roll to remember any skills you learned while in the dream state (after all, most people don't remember their dreams).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2010, 02:38:57 am »

Double-posting again, but yet again with another

Turn the Eighth I am, Turn the Eighth I am I am.  I got married to the widow next door; she's been married seven times before, and every one was a Turn.  She wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam.  I'm her eighth old man I'm Turn.  Turn the Eighth I am.  Second verse, same as the first!

Quote from: tehstefan
I take the box, and then drink some water. Maybe that'll help.
|You pick up the box, and begin to drink some of the water that has collected in shallow pools on the floor.  Surprisingly enough, this helps exceedingly.  You no longer feel any sign of a hangover.

Quote from: dermonster
Attempt to requisition bartenders assistance in recovering my appendage. Then look for hand.
|You ask the tavern keeper to help you, and he politely points out that your hand has just slid under the bar.  You pick it up.  Now how do you attach this darn thing without opening up the bleeding again?

Quote from: Tarran
Meet up with Tylui.
|You leave the tavern and begin to search for your loincloth-clad friend.  After a while of searching, you spot him at the end of a side street.

Quote from: wolfchild
Start superchilling the air in my lungs to just above IT's condensation point, as in just above the temperature at which I would have liquid air
|You successfully chill the air in your lungs to just above the condensation point of nitrogen.  Unfortunately, this means you pass the condensation point and freezing point of water, and the sublimation point of carbon dioxide, and the condensation point of oxygen, along with the condensation points of other trace elements.  The fact that you no longer have oxygen in its gaseous form means that you cannot breathe.  Also, that dry ice and regular ice in your lungs can't be good for your system.  |Already, the lack of oxygen is starting to get to you; you won't last too much longer.

Quote from: Quarr
I'll lament over my current condition.
|You lament. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is no answer

Quote from: Paranatural
I find someplace to sit and try and recover from my hangover and cold.
|You leave the tavern, and find a lovely spot under a bridge.  There's a nice, warm bed of moss, and the sun shines down on you while your head can lie in the shade.  A cool stream trickles nearby.  It's a perfect spot.  You lay down and quickly fall asleep.  The rest will likely do you good.

Quote from: ExKirby(GM'd)
I'll drink some water to lessen my drunken state and prevent hangovers.
|You moan out loudly due to your hangover, and the ground itself absorbs your moan and carries it to the darkest pits of hell.  A demon suddenly appears.  “I have heard your moan, and see your problem.  If you want, I will give you this vial of ever-purifying water.  It will easily cure your hangover, and much more.  The only payment I ask for this great boon, is but a trifle: your soul.  All you have to do is sign this here contract in your blood.”  He pulls out an extremely lengthy parchment, a quill, and a knife.  “I'm afraid my time here is short, so you must choose now.  Going once...”  You try to read the entire contract, but there's no time.  It seems to say you're agreeing to give your soul for that vial of ever-purifying water, but there's so much small print!  “Going twice...”  You'll have to choose now: sign or not?

Quote from: Tylui(GM'd)
I'll try to find more buyers for the bread.
|Your celerity allows you to quickly run around to all the local peasants, and through some slick fast-talk, they ignore your indecent state and buy the bread from you.  You're even able to make a profit of 10 coppers for each loaf.  Your speed and charm eventually sell every last loaf of bread.  Good riddance; you weren't sure what you were going to do with all of that food.  In total, you made 5 silver profit.  Not bad, that's a 25% increase of your starting 2 gold!

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)

Hopefully this turn will be less error-ridden.  ExKirby has between now and next turn to determine whether he accepts the demon's deal.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2010, 02:43:35 am »

potsherd

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/potsherd

–noun
a broken pottery fragment, esp. one of archaeological value.

Look for a shop that sells magical items.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2010, 02:46:14 am »

My vocabulary is immense and I cant really tell if any words seem out of place. :/

I Hold my Hand just over the separation point and try to will myself to regenerate the missing bit in between.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2010, 03:09:37 am »

Wander my dreamscape, explore my psyche -- just what is this place?

Perhaps my dreams will hint at my past and my role in this. Perhaps they will even hint at the future and what lies ahead.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:22 am »

Check over my inventory!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2010, 04:35:52 am »

Tarran is not correct on the word of the day.  Though definitely a good word, it's part of a quote, and therefore doesn't count.  I suppose I should give the source of that particular quote as Psalm 22:1,2,4-19.  Credit where credit is due.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2010, 04:39:01 am »

Okay, second try, how about sublimation?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sublimation

Psychology. to divert the energy of (a sexual or other biological impulse) from its immediate goal to one of a more acceptable social, moral, or aesthetic nature or use.
Chemistry.
a.
to sublime (a solid substance); extract by this process.
b.
to refine or purify (a substance).
to make nobler or purer: To read about great men sublimates ambition.
–verb (used without object)
to become sublimated; undergo sublimation.
–noun
Chemistry. the crystals, deposit, or material obtained when a substance is sublimated.
–adjective
purified or exalted; sublimated.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2010, 05:31:22 am »

The word of the day is celerity, by the way.

–noun
swiftness; speed.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

Ouch, 5 turns of sleep to feel better...maybe 8 if you count per -1. Hmm.

Dream about the council of eleven.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 8
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2010, 03:48:09 pm »

No deal. Proceed to sing "Still Alive"
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 8
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2010, 07:43:09 pm »

No deal. Proceed to sing "Still Alive"
"Very well."  The demon bows his head, and returns to the fiery abyss from whence he came.

Quarr has the word of the day, and gets a 50% chance at a +1 to his action this turn.

Well, I don't think I'll be able to get a turn in tonight, so this thing is going to have to go on hiatus.  Starting tomorrow I will be carrying around a 35 pound hunk of metal in 105 degree(F) temperatures up till Thursday, then for the next two weekends thereafter, and every Saturday for a few months after that.  I'll be back, though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:57:06 am by Frelock »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17