Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21380 times)

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 2
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »

"You've isolated me from my body, trapping me in this prison. Yet you leave me alive -- why? A being of your power could end my existence with the blink of an eye, yet you do not. It is because we are irrevocably linked, you and I. While your strength far surpasses my own, we share the same fate. Release me from this prison, Mal. Lend me your power. With intertwined destinies we are one and the same... and I promise, together we can conquer this pitiful world!"

Deceive Mal, convincing him to cooperate with me.

...As to how you decided on Dermonster:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:00:55 pm by Quarr »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2010, 06:47:48 pm »

and the 8 was out of a numbered list of players and you happened to roll mine.
But you're not the eighth player. Paranatural is. You're the seventh.

...As to how you decided on Dermonster:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hot damn, if you're right, then you've earned your bonus, I would have never thought of that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:49:44 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2010, 08:22:38 pm »

The amulet flies off Quarr's neck in a graceful arc, to land (4,6,1=110=6=Dermonster!) neatly around Dermonster's neck!

Since there were 8 characters, you took 3 rolls. 4, 6, 1. If you set 1 to 3 as 0s and 4 to 6 as 1s, you get the binary string of 110. I'd say the list was 0-wolfchild, 1-Tarran, 2-Quarr, 3-Flintus10, 4-Tylui, 5-tehstefan, 6-dermonster, and finally 7-Paranatural. The order is the turn order, but zero based.

:)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 08:27:22 pm by Tylui »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 12:35:38 am »

And Tylui gets it, though technically 0 was either going to be the innkeeper or a reroll since Flintus was out of the building and therefore not eligible. +1 to his action this turn.

Quarr's method was impressively complex, though it does not allow for an even distribution of probabilities.

Since we are still missing three people, no turn tonight.  I'll get to it in the morning.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 12:41:26 am »

God damn Tylui, leave some for us! :P

Anyway, congratulations, you're very likely going to get filthily rich next turn while we're getting killed. ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 12:51:03 am »

Yeah, I figured as such. I found a (kind of?) impressive coincidence in my search and decided to share.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2010, 02:02:56 am »

And Tylui gets it, though technically 0 was either going to be the innkeeper or a reroll since Flintus was out of the building and therefore not eligible. +1 to his action this turn.

Ah yeah I didn't even think about that because that wasn't the case. Had it been the innkeeper, I think I would have been stumped... Ish...

When I initially saw the rolls when I was going through the turn, I thought that maybe it was arranged by proximity to Mal. the 4 and the 6 were good dodge rolls and the 1 was a bad one. 1 = safe, 0 = unsafe. But that left the 6 a complete mystery to me.

I dunno, I guess already thinking in binary states helped. Then your clue "Also, 110 is quite small" had me definitely thinking in binary and it all kinda slid into place.

tl;dr: I love this RTD and I'm a pimp, too!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:05:13 am by Tylui »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2010, 02:57:38 am »

Walk into inn, ask for booze.

And I do recall a LvlUp RTD... It may have been a different spelling, but I do remember hosting one...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 11:29:47 am »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 3
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »

I just realized that I forgot to update the turn number.  Because of this oversight, I'll give Flintus and Paranatural a few more hours before I start.

I also remembered that I forgot to respond to this:
Generic "Disease and poison" resistance can be interpreted in many ways.
It can, but unfortunately the GM's interpretation is the only one that matters.  You are resistant to normal, non-magical diseases and poisons which affect your physical body.  Curses, soul inflictions, and other magical "diseases" are exempt from your immunity.  Normal diseases and poisons which are only summoned/caused by magic (as in the case of the poison cloud from magical chaos) can be resisted against.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 01:31:05 pm »

well there goes my epic speech then.
hm...

Well, still give the speech, but push back with all the mental force I have.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2010, 01:51:30 pm »

Technically speaking, your action could have succeeded, had the dice granted it; it just wouldn't be an automatic victory.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2010, 01:59:39 pm »

ah. then go back to what i had before.

I really need to remember that RTD = if you can roll for it, it can happen.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2010, 03:17:14 pm »

Sucker-punch QuarrMal and then kick him i the shins.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »

Decide that from this day foward I shall be the world's greatest thief and begin by stealing the best looking blade the blacksmith has.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17