Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21368 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 3
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 12:19:09 am »

Sorry it took so long, I'll make sure to change the title this time so people know to get in here.

Turn 4:
I grab something long again, lift the amulet off of Dermonster, and throw it onto the ground!
|This time, you use the other, non-throat-cutting end of you halberd to lift the amulet off of Dermonster.  |You've got it!  Steady...steady...  Oh wait, you're strangling Derm.  Let it down, now raise it up again...  Derm seems to be putting up a fierce fight, but you've got 'em firmly hooked.  And it's off!  Was it really that easy all along?  The amulet dangles from the shaft of your halberd.

Attempt to make the amulet brittle by freezing it
|You walk over to the amulet hanging off of Tarran's halberd.  You want to freeze it, but you realize that you don't know how to cast frost bolt.  However, your intelligent mind notices the condensed puffs of water vapor emanating from you mouth.  You carefully start to breathe on the amulet, taking care not to touch it.  After a few good minutes of this process, you assume the amulet is frozen.  Water droplets are beginning to condense on it.  Whether it's brittle or not has yet to be tested.  Not like you can just touch it or anything.

In any case, I try and ah, use a barstool to smash an enemy. Not kill though. That'd be bad.
|You pick up a barstool and get ready to smash an enemy. |There's a vicious fiend!  You smash your barstool right over Tarran's head.  |He flips backward over his halberd, while holding it perfectly still for wolfchild, lands perfectly on his feet on the other side, and gives you a dirty look.  ...Oops?  Anybody could have made that mistake!  Don't get all up in such a fantod about it!

Mentally use an extremely liberal form of my immunity magic to do the spiritual equivalent of anti-bodies and just generally expelling him from my body.
|Well, the amulet's off, but that still doesn't stop you from trying to protect yourself against that kind of thing ever happening again.  You close you eyes and concentrate.  You imagine antibodies, expelling diseases.  You start to create something in your mind.  At first it's just a shape.  Then, you give it form and substance.  Finally, with a great burst of mental effort, you WILL it into being.  “Hiya boss!” the little thing says with an accent that would remind most denizens of the would you and I live in of New York.  “Who we gonna smash today, eh?”  You ask the strange little...blob? what it's name is.  “I'm whatever you wanna call me.  You made me, you da boss.  Now who we gonna smash today?”  Informing him that the enemy has retreated for the moment, your little friend goes off and pouts in a corner of your mind.

Ponder the mediocrity of my actions. Leave the tavern and see if I can make some MONEY!
|My, you feel mediocre.  You know what would make you feel less mediocre?  Money.  Lots of money.  Yay for compensation and substituting material gain for inner peace!  |Though QuarrMal sees you leave, he can't get close enough to stop you.  Instead, he just swears that he'll remember your face and hunt you down wherever you run.  Whatever.  You're gonna be rich!  Time to get your mojo on the go-go!  But you gotta spend money to make money.  |Luckily for you, you find you have a small purse with two gold pieces in it!  You happen across a bakery and spend one gold piece to buy fifty loves of bread.  You then go out into the morning light and begin to sell them.  |Unfortunately, you can only sell ten loves at 30 coppers each for a total of 3 silver pieces.  Still not bad, considering people normally buy loaves of bread for 20.  Now the question is what are you going to do with all this extra bread?

Deceive Mal, convincing him to cooperate with me.
|Mal thoughtfully strokes his beard, though you can't see him as he's quite a distance away under a mountain, but that's beside the point.  “YOU MAKE AN INTERESTING PROPOSAL.  THOUGH YOU ARE WRONG IN THAT WE ARE IRREVOCABLY LINKED, AND YOU ARE WRONG THAT I COULD JUST DESTROY YOUR SOUL (A SOUL IS IMMORTAL, AND THEREFORE CAN'T BE DESTROYED YOU SEE), YOUR SOUL HAS PROVED MORE...TROUBLESOME THAN MOST.  VERY WELL, I SHALL LEND YOU A BIT OF MY POWER, AND LET YOU HAVE CONTROL OF YOUR BODY BACK.  IN RETURN, YOU MUST SLAY ALL YOUR FRIENDS, INCLUDING THE ONES WHO ESCAPED, AND TAKE THE AMULET TO THE IRON GATE TO RELEASE ME.  TO ENSURE THAT YOU DO THIS, I AM PLACING A CURSE ON YOU.  SHOULD YOU BETRAY ME, YOU WILL BE KILLED INSTANTLY.  I WILL FOCUS MOST OF MY EFFORTS ON RE-GATHERING MY FORCES TO HELP YOU ON YOUR WAY.  GOOD LUCK, MY SERVANT.  REMEMBER, YOU ARE MINE!”  You hear one last, incredibly evil laugh, then wake up to find yourself in your own body.  But what's this strange feeling you have?  It's like power, seething, writhing beneath your skin.  It begs to be released, to wreak havoc, and destroy!  |Your bleeding worsens, and is now heavy bleeding.  Better get that fixed.

Walk into inn, ask for booze.
|What inn?  There's a tavern down the way, but you're absolutely certain there's no inn in this town.

Sucker-punch QuarrMal and then kick him i the shins.
|You go at Quarr with a quick sucker punch! |He takes the punch right in the gut, yet it doesn't seem to harm him at all!  Your hand hurts slightly as you make a swift retreat.

Decide that from this day forward I shall be the world's greatest thief and begin by stealing the best looking blade the blacksmith has.
|You sneak off to the back of the shop and pick up an excellent blade, forged of meteoric iron, honed to a fine edge.  You try to walk out with it unseen.  |Unfortunately, you're still in plain view of the blacksmith, who yells out “Thief!  Protect the Hoard from the Skulking Filth!”  He grabs another sword, throws you back from the exit, and stands between you and it looking menacing.  The town watch is sure to be on their way too.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:50:06 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 4
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 12:30:57 am »

Fantod

1. fantods
         1. A state of nervous irritability.
         2. Nervous movements caused by tension.
   2. An outburst of emotion; a fit.

fantod

unless some1 is desperate enough for me to freeze thier wounds closed, i will learn water based magic
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:34:55 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 12:35:03 am »

@wolfchild: Blarg.

I don't think I'll ever get to get the word of the day anytime soon.

Attempt to knock Quarr out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2010, 12:36:48 am »

@wolfchild: Blarg.

I don't think I'll ever get to get the word of the day anytime soon.

Attempt to knock Quarr out.

I didn't think i'd ever get one too, cause Frelock normally updates while im asleep, im just lucky this time
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

*peers at statuses*
So apparently heavy bleeding is excellent for ones health.
Good to know.
I also looked back and I don't have heavy bleeding. I think. Can you point out where I got that? I appear to have been strangled, but that's it.

I shall call him Legion. For he will be many. I ask him to attempt to multiply himself like an amoeba.

I take the Bartenders extra sword, failing that, an improvised weapon, and try to slice Quarrs neck, spine, or other major arteries and organs.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2010, 12:49:47 am »

Oops. a +1 to your second roll next turn.  That was supposed to (and did) go on quarr's turn.  Just forgot to delete the misplaced one...

Also, there is an extra word of the day in there, as we missed yesterday!  Wolfchild is ineligible, as he has already gotten one word correct today, and therefore gets +1 to a dodge roll next turn!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:51:23 am by Frelock »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2010, 12:56:34 am »

It's like power, seething, writhing beneath your skin.

seething

Foam as if it were boiling; be turbulent.

Writhing

Make continual twisting, squirming movements or contortions of the body.

You sneak off to the back of the shop and pick up an excellent blade, forged of meteoric iron, honed to a fine edge.

Meteoric

Of or relating to meteors or meteorites

Also, are we allowed multiple guesses?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:58:40 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2010, 12:58:33 am »

THOUGH YOU ARE WRONG IN THAT WE ARE IRREVOCABLY LINKED
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/IRREVOCABLY

—adj
   not able to be revoked, changed, or undone; unalterable

Please please please please please... Aw who am I kidding, there's no way that's it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2010, 01:09:28 am »

I'm going to say multiple guesses are allowed, up to three guesses per turn.  Unfortunately, derm, all of yours are wrong.  Tarran, no dice either.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2010, 01:11:21 am »

honed
–noun
a whetstone of fine, compact texture for sharpening razors and other cutting tools.
a precision tool with a mechanically rotated abrasive tip, for enlarging holes to precise dimensions.
–verb (used with object)
to sharpen on a hone: to hone a carving knife.
to enlarge or finish (a hole) with a hone.
to make more acute or effective; improve; perfect: to hone one's skills.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2010, 01:20:59 am »

...This will probably end in one of my quickest ever deaths but

Dodge past the blacksmith grab a sword and then bolt outta there.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2010, 01:23:41 am »

NO! MOJO IS THE RIGHT WORD! IT'S A PREVIOUS WORD OF THE DAY!

Time to get your mojo on the go-go!

Mojo.
Personal magnetism; charm.
The art or practice of casting magic spells; magic; voodoo.
An object, as an amulet or charm, that is believed to carry a magic spell.
Good luck or favor concerning an event or individual.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:25:13 am by Tarran »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2010, 01:27:43 am »

Indeed, Mojo is the correct word, although you flatter me with all your other suggestions.  Means my writing might use decent word choice after all.  50% chance at +1 to your action, Tarran!

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2010, 01:45:49 am »

Using this newly gained dark magical power, make my blood harden -- heal the wounds from which it has spewed forth!
...I seem to roll a lot of sixes, but they always end badly. I hope to see that trend broken!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2010, 02:09:44 am »

I'm tired of waiting for money. I'm tired of not having an identity. I'm tired of... having a partially unexamined inventory.

Examine my inventory
And just in case that's a free action:
Focus my Power of Mediocrity to gain a +1 to all natural rolls of 1 hitherto.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17