Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen  (Read 34228 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2010, 04:45:13 am »

TOTALLY INTENTIONAL WORDPLAY.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2010, 05:05:21 am »

its made from frozen grapes, its very sweet without being as alcoholic as a fortified wine, its in the arms and equipment guide
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:14 am »

its made from frozen grapes, its very sweet without being as alcoholic as a fortified wine, its in the arms and equipment guide

So it's just...ice wine?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2010, 05:42:21 am »

yea but elves make it
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2010, 06:24:02 am »

So it's just...ice wine?
It's a wine cooler

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:35 am »

last time I heard a headband of intellect won't help. And to qualify for a prestige class it would need to be skill ranks alone, not skill points spent nor skill bonuses will help.

Yeah, I need the actual skill points, not just a bonus modifier. The prerequisites for a lot of Bardic abilities specifically state "You must have X ranks in Y Skill to do this", so I don't believe things like a Headband of Intellect would actually help me in any way. When I built my character, I was planning on participating in a fair bit of melee were I would use Weapon Finesse to overcome my attack bonus and damage bonus penalties from having low strength. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that Weapon Finesse only affects the attack bonus and not the damage bonus, so melee is really impractical for me. When I made my character, I thought the high DEX but low STR and CON would make me something of a glass cannon, though now I realize that I'm more of a porcelain teacup; pretty to look at, but not much else. That is why I'm now trying to shift focus away from a combat caster and into more of a support character, since that 18 DEX is doing nothing for me other than increasing my AC and Reflex. I understand if you don't want me to modify my abilities, I was just explaining my reasons for wanting to do so. It is your game Cthulhu, and I will respect whatever decision you make.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2010, 10:58:21 am »

Alright, alright, you can do some minor modifying  your abilities.  Maybe grey elf it up like RAM suggested for the +2 int.
Shoes...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2010, 12:47:29 pm »

Alright, thanks. I tweaked my stats a little, but tried to keep it mostly in line with what it was before. I don't really feel that I need to change my race though.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2010, 04:32:43 pm »

OK, added a scroll of Knock (150 GP), and this is the final final version of my character before we start :P Can't get character portrait to work for me for some reason though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

You know what's really difficult?

Making a map of a ship's deck.  Forizzle, man.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »

When are we doing this? I was thinking that with the times I know (all two of them) sometime tomorrow... maybe 25 hours from now, would be best.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »

umm no, you see that would be my friday morning, now i could play, but id be there for at most 3 hours before heading off to a lecture, and unfortunately this is not a lecture that i can just sti in and do something else. But if its the only time then i can play for a little bit at least

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

Ah okay. Perhaps some time over the week end. (besides I only know one persons times other than my own.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:55 pm »

I give up.  Ships aren't going to be to exacting specifications.  Curvature of the ships sides isn't going to be accurate.  I'm sure you can handle running around in a ship, the curves of which's sides aren't properly favoring the stern.  Maybe now I can actually get to the important part of the game.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31