Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 318018 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] Fortress Defense Mod II v11: Hellfire Imps with real Hellfire!
« Reply #675 on: April 17, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

Is it normal that I never get any of these things sieging?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 18, 2012, 12:42:39 am »

Is there a way to deal with the ambusing Hellfire Imps? They burn everything very quick and kill a lot of dwarves, no time to react (my soldiers would just get burned anyway =/)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2012, 01:12:47 am »

The problem with the fire is that the clothes start to burn. Try netherwood shields, this should help a little bit, since they have a fixed temperature, or just keep a distance and use siege engines/crossbows.

Firemoats, channeled trenches to stop ravaging wildfires, will also help a lot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2012, 01:57:54 am »

I just want to say that war elephants are mean beasts. Especially their steel plate armor that is mostly immune to slash damage. And morningstars are OP.

Although it's not like adamantine isn't, and silver war hammers and maces are best to take on the elephant menace. Or crossbows.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »

Is it normal that I never get any of these things sieging?

Definitely not normal.  If you've copied the text files into raw/objects/ and then generated a world, you should be seeing the new civilizations.  (You can double-check your neighbors before embarking, to be sure they're within range.)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 25, 2012, 07:21:45 pm »

can I use the newest for 0.31.25?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »

It shouldn't work, no.

Out of curiosity, why are you still on 31.25?

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:20 pm »

It shouldn't work, no.

Out of curiosity, why are you still on 31.25?

Runesmith

also where can I get a copy for 31.25?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You got a typo in [CREATURE:SERPENT_MANFD] where    [CAN_LEARN]] - last is obviously from slow leaner which were in 31.25 version.

lleu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use this mod with Nahril's Legends of Forlorn Realms mod, and even though I did generate a new world once I installed FD, I have never gotten a seige from one of the FD races. On the embark screen, all of the races show up when I tab to them, but they have never invaded. I'm currently at 48 population, and the only people to ever attack have been Kobold Thieves and the Shedim, once. Any help on how to fix this?
Fortresses made: 17
Dwarves Killed: Don't even care anymore.
Sieges repelled: 13

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Any plans to add more races to FD? Maybe a race that can transform dwarves into more of its kind, or one that can raise the dead?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I use this mod with Nahril's Legends of Forlorn Realms mod, and even though I did generate a new world once I installed FD, I have never gotten a seige from one of the FD races. On the embark screen, all of the races show up when I tab to them, but they have never invaded. I'm currently at 48 population, and the only people to ever attack have been Kobold Thieves and the Shedim, once. Any help on how to fix this?

Keep playing past 50 population and see what happens. The arrival of enemy races is not completely reliable; they are members of a (albeit partially generated and buggy) living world after all.

Any plans to add more races to FD? Maybe a race that can transform dwarves into more of its kind, or one that can raise the dead?

I'm going to have a lot of free time this summer. For now, I have finals and a paper to write. Updates are currently scheduled for a future time.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I tried using this mod with 0.34.08, and now I don't have minecarts or wheelbarrows.  How can I add them back in?

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh god help. this lack of wheelbarrows is soul crushing

barkalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should i just not have overwritten entity_default.txt?  is that the problem?

I tried putting the old one back in, but no dice.  Do I have to gen a new world or just start a new fortress to get them to pop back up?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 80