Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition  (Read 31689 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2010, 02:23:23 pm »

How many human players does everyone have? Update the first post with it

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 02:44:38 pm »

I wouldn't mind merging my empire with someone else's. It has one pretty big city and im nearly at space age

Hmmm... here's the issue: Empire merges are not currently possible (although supposedly they have been talked about), meaning that they can't bring their old empire with them... :/

How many human players does everyone have? Update the first post with it

Done

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2010, 04:56:16 pm »

Chaos Shadows

Nice Capital, small town across the ocean, functional moon base, the starts of a base on Venus-like (heavy clouds+corrosive atmo) planet. All in sector (313,1,-2), haven't tracked down a wormhole yet. Mines @ TL2, university TL4, everything else still TL1. Only one ship designed, probably wait to build TL up before I design another.

Race is boringly humanoid, but with empty black eyes (oo, scary :) )

Like an idiot, I chose an Anarchy government; I wasn't planning on continuing with this empire, but joining Planepacked once that was possible.
No emigration until I can change the government type, but feel free to stop by and buy stuff. Or sell technology.

no new pics yet...

UPDATE: Have a TL2 ship (sensors, yay!) and research allows TL4 according to my mail (haven't been on today yet).

No cryozene in my home system, so I've expanded to another one, a binary system with plenty of hot and cold worlds. Only one colony in that system so far.

I really need to get online and adjust my research areas, but a few RL chores have to be done first...

Still no new pics...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:42:58 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 05:43:07 pm »

The Crematoria is colonized!

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 06:56:57 pm »

Hey, my empire has 5 players, update it please :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2010, 07:48:11 pm »

NEW SUBJECT
:
Ferries

This is a suggestion for all empires, and I'd also like a response from ma' Duke and King (PlanePacked):

Everyone knows each habitable world handles out one Officer, so you can make a NPC ship.
I'd like to suggest everyone makes use of them, by making out Patrol Routes or Trades Routes. (duh)
Suggestion: Use at least one ships as a Ferry to a neighboring System. Set orders to debark, and then embark passengers, with a preboarding time of at least 2 minutes.
This can be easily done without disrupting a patrol or a trade route, and gives our players a chance to move around the empire.
Also, it's great to teach new players how to get a berth, or to bring them to a nearby, unpopulated world/system for them to colonize & learn without taking an experienced player away from his duties.

It should be the responsability of the System Admin (or any other, if no one's available to manage the System) to handle out these orders, and of the Sector Admin (or even the Empire Leader) to think in a route.

How it would work:
Homeplanets don't need to spend their NPC ships on ferries or trade ships (in my view), they should rather be defending and patroling.
But the next systems in range (1 jump away) will connect themselves with the homeplanet.
The 2-Jumps-Away will connect with the one that's 1-Jump-Away.
And so forth.

This would create a simple but quick, functional transportation for people that want to play "in the ground", or don't want to manage stuff, wanna go on an adventure, or whatever.
Also, will generate revenue to the owner of the NPC ship (approximately 50k in 8 hours using a TL1 ship).

Everyone wins, and I'll be happy to see ferries docking at Volcanic Surprise's Port. :D

-

Questions?
Let's move TAC!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:51:08 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »

NEW SUBJECT
:
Ferries

This is a suggestion for all empires, and I'd also like a response from ma' Duke and King (PlanePacked):

Everyone knows each habitable world handles out one Officer, so you can make a NPC ship.
I'd like to suggest everyone makes use of them, by making out Patrol Routes or Trades Routes. (duh)
Suggestion: Use at least one ships as a Ferry to a neighboring System. Set orders to debark, and then embark passengers, with a preboarding time of at least 2 minutes.
This can be easily done without disrupting a patrol or a trade route, and gives our players a chance to move around the empire.
Also, it's great to teach new players how to get a berth, or to bring them to a nearby, unpopulated world/system for them to colonize & learn without taking an experienced player away from his duties.

It should be the responsability of the System Admin (or any other, if no one's available to manage the System) to handle out these orders, and of the Sector Admin (or even the Empire Leader) to think in a route.

How it would work:
Homeplanets don't need to spend their NPC ships on ferries or trade ships (in my view), they should rather be defending and patroling.
But the next systems in range (1 jump away) will connect themselves with the homeplanet.
The 2-Jumps-Away will connect with the one that's 1-Jump-Away.
And so forth.

This would create a simple but quick, functional transportation for people that want to play "in the ground", or don't want to manage stuff, wanna go on an adventure, or whatever.
Also, will generate revenue to the owner of the NPC ship (approximately 50k in 8 hours using a TL1 ship).

Everyone wins, and I'll be happy to see ferries docking at Volcanic Surprise's Port. :D

-

Questions?
Let's move TAC!

sounds good il start a ferry to somewhere i got a Ship with an officer so.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 08:00:02 pm »

NEW SUBJECT
:
Ferries

sounds good il start a ferry to somewhere i got a Ship with an officer so.

Sounds great. Why don't you send one over here to Oceania, and I'll work on one tonight as well.

Eventually, figuring out a "hub" system and building a huge "transfer" station would be awesome...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:01:39 pm by Alehkhs »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2010, 08:00:34 pm »

Babylon 5 :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2010, 08:03:59 pm »

Oh, I'm happy you guys liked it!
(I used to play X3 and some other Space online game really similar to this one [Space...online..can't remember] - so I'm inspired muaahaha)

Volcanic Surprise was rolling a ferry to our Home System (1 jump away), I stopped it because I need to get TL2..and the ferry is my ship  :-[
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »

Eventually, figuring out a "hub" system and building a huge "transfer" station would be awesome...

Oh God, yeah.
And soon we'll all have teleporters, so things will be really easier for player-to-ship transport :D

EDIT- effin double post

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 08:51:58 pm »

Oh, I'm happy you guys liked it!
(I used to play X3 and some other Space online game really similar to this one [Space...online..can't remember] - so I'm inspired muaahaha)

Volcanic Surprise was rolling a ferry to our Home System (1 jump away), I stopped it because I need to get TL2..and the ferry is my ship  :-[
It was Starquest Online Gabeux. I'm playing as the Therats right now :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »

I quite like the united transport idea.  Quite like it.  Well done.

However, it does rely on the AI officers having the wherewithal to steer around certain obstacles...  Like, y'know, frikkin' stars.

I haven't had any experience with officers yet so I don't know how well they handle intersector travel.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:51 am »

They handle perfectly. My ferry did a lot of flights.
And I just killed myself, I'll probably take a ride in one of my own ferries.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2010, 04:59:45 am »

Sounds like a good idea. If only 2 or 3 habitable planets in a system were more common, we could have 1 officer ferrying and another on defence.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13