Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition  (Read 31680 times)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - The Armok Coalition
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 11:23:25 pm »

Items for discussion
  • Does the Armok Coalition need its own forums and/or teamspeak server? If so, who might set those up.
I have powers in a Teamspeak 3 server I would love to share with the Coalition. I already have a channel for Hazeron set up from earlier, so feel free to chill in there.
Connection info is:
icarus.meteornet.net on port 9987
The channel is called "Shores of Hazeron".

• Should we look into folding smaller Empires into each-other to become less scattered and more unified?
I think we should try to encourage newer members to join an existing Empire, however we shouldn't force people who want to make their own to join another. A large part of this game is exploring and building your own things, and I've found it to be a very rewarding and fun experience, as I've built my entire Empire on my own.
  • What political futures do we wish to pursue with the Coalition?
Firstly, to create a link between all of the Empires in the Coalition and create some kind of consistent chat link between all of them. I feel that the ingame chat function is inadequate for this purpose, so I propose IRC and Teamspeak for this. We should all be able to talk and act as one, and be able to have input even when we aren't logged into the game. The forums are way too slow for a constant upkeep of information.
[/list]

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:29:06 pm »

I think we should try to encourage newer members to join an existing Empire, however we shouldn't force people who want to make their own to join another.

Agreed: we shouldn't force anyone to do anything, however getting the Coalition whittled down to a handfull of large Member Powers, rather than a mine-load of single-citizen powers would be helpful to the cohesion of the Coalition.

The forums are way too slow for a constant upkeep of information.

Indeed. Especially when all the thought processes are divided between this and the Planepacked post; it's just confusing at this point.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »

Edit: Misspost ignore.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:39:58 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:03 am »

1) I vote for forum
2) Will talk about politics later
3) We can has twitter? lawl
4) Sleep.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 12:31:57 am »

1.yes
2.Yes.
3.A United Nations?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 12:49:24 am »

Oh hey, I somehow managed to overlook this.

The Starborn Dominion would gladly join the coalition. We're a bit isolated, though - so im not sure if I could actually reach any of you.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 01:16:06 am »

I wouldn't mind merging my empire with someone else's. It has one pretty big city and im nearly at space age

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 01:30:41 am »

Items for discussion
  • Does the Armok Coalition need its own forums and/or teamspeak server? If so, who might set those up.
  • Should we look into folding smaller Empires into each-other to become less scattered and more unified?
  • What political futures do we wish to pursue with the Coalition?

• My personal take is that a forum would be too much and too little at the same time.  We do need some form of communication however.  I have no experience with Teamspeak, but if deemed necessary I'm sure I can learn about it in fair time.  Provided it's free, naturally.

• This is a difficult question.  While it is better to have fewer large powers than several weaker ones, we all have our reasons for forging our own empires.  Trying to decide which empires should be the ones to stay is bad enough, but the idea of forcing others to abandon their own in order to join is just ridiculous.  By all means we should encourage players to join up with the established forces, but should they choose to go their own way we should respect and support their decision.  And if we assist in the building of these fledgling empires, we can provide each other with versatile and important aid later on.  A far more diversified force than what could be accomplished under one banner, albeit not quite as focused nor as strong.

• Political futures?  I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 05:26:08 am »

Items for discussion

* Does the Armok Coalition need its own forums and/or teamspeak server? If so, who might set those up.
        * Should we look into folding smaller Empires into each-other to become less scattered and more unified?
        * What political futures do we wish to pursue with the Coalition?

1) I have some basic experience in forums, I could set one up. Detrevni has set-up a teamspeak which should prove useful.

2) I think we should convince the ones that still only have one person and haven't got so far. I joined myroc's empire because I thought it was pointless trying to get anyone to join and I'd gotten my spaceship, done some exploring and was satisfied that I'd done the most I could with my empire. There were plenty of people that wanted help and still are, when you look at it you don't really care how new or how much one needs help so it's pretty hard to get anyone to join.

3) I think we need to print-screen the 3D galaxy map, mark off the empires and find a point we're all fairly close to. Then someone ventures off in that general direction, sets up a colony and we all venture there and make it our joint system.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:22:28 am by Cheese »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 09:01:14 am »

* Does the Armok Coalition need its own forums and/or teamspeak server? If so, who might set those up.
        * Should we look into folding smaller Empires into each-other to become less scattered and more unified?
        * What political futures do we wish to pursue with the Coalition?

Expanding on it:

Forum
1. I vote for it, soon we will have a lot of empires (allied) close together and a lot of stuff will come up, having a forum to discuss the issues in an organized, unified way would be great. As for talking about trading (and helping each other), by requesting demanded supplies or telling about good prices of an good in "X" system..or whatever.

Empires
2. I agree with everyone else, we should encourage it, since we got a lot of really-small empires. It shouldn't be forced though.
Also, by "ENCOURAGING" you mean higher ranked members of an empire will help new players, and give them at least a planet for them to build a city from the ground up (which is the BEST way of learning the game, and the funnest, believe me).
(I'll train some newbies soon enough, I'm building up my system as much as I can, since it's a core sector (less than 4 jumps to home sector, in my view). After this, I will explore & politics & help new players - btw I'm from Planepacked - Volcanic Surprise System Administrator)

Politics
3. I think we should stick to our dwarven-bay12er way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're creative people who loves epic stuff, magma, dwarven culture, booze, and magma. By not being f'ing griefers, and being as much JEDI as we can (Ask first, Shoot later), will make us be a GREAT, Protectorate-like empire, feared but prestiged by everyone.
I'm sorry if anyone wanna play bad-guy-grief-your-life, but I don't see reason in a Space Travel capable race of creative dwarves waging war at peaceful players.
Of course, if they look like elves, don't look Magma, or don't respect The God Of Blood nor the Great Toad, we can wage war  8)
Jk.
So, I vote we be Jedi Bay12ers!

--[EDIT] - I just noticed I talked about "external" politics. But I'm with you, about the chat link.

bai,
[TAC.PP] Gabeux
clan tags ftw
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:05:13 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2010, 11:21:29 am »

I've updated my empire info with pictures if someone is interested :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2010, 01:10:30 pm »

Also we also start to colonize a 2nd planet, called Crematoria:

Babylon Hegemony
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2010, 01:15:46 pm »

Wrong post but whatever :D

PP

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »

My God my tech is skyrocketing.

I dumped a few mil of personal money into my treasury and set to research. BOOM tech.

Just in the last day I gained like 10 tech levels.

-edit- individual tech levels that is, not 10 tech levels in everything lol :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:26:37 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »

Okay, I've started a wiki on Babylon Hegemony. Those who want to join ask me.

http://babylon.wikidot.com/
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13