Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70076 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »

At least you (Mr.Person) agree that Org should be lynched for his behavior.

Org needs at least one more vote though.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 01:56:39 pm »

words

Gentlemen, this is Lonewolf I not responding to my accusations.
You accused me of bandwagoning and chainsaw defending Org.  I already provided a defense for the bandwagoning charge when I responded to Janus' attacks.  As for the latter, well, I'm attacking IronyOwl for a scumslip he made while attacking Org.  An appearance of chainsawing is inherent in the situation, and I'm not going to let Owl slide just to look squeaky-clean.

The problem with your bandwagoning isn't just which vote you were, it's that you didn't make an original attack, didn't provide any real justification, didn't do anything more than a hollow restatement of what some other people mentioned in passing, and your "attack" is also only in passing because it has no original substance. You are attempting to look like you're scumhunting by imitating others but have not made any legitimate attacks against IronyOwl since you said that.

tl;dr: You're scum who can't make up his own arguments and thus resorts to pulling bits from other peoples' posts.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 01:58:45 pm »

Imploring Org to give explanations for his actions and work more closely with the town is simply a loosely veiled request that he reveal his strategy.  Given his declaration that revealing his strategy would reveal his role, which you were explicitly responding to, this equates to your asking him to reveal his role.

You're rolefishing.

Only scum would be rolefishing D1, since the secrecy of their roles is one of the few advantages town has.

You are either scum or you don't quite grasp role strategy in mafia, in which case being lynched will teach you not to rolefish without a solid reason next time.

Wow, really? You are actually, honestly trying to say that what I said is blatantly wrong, and explaining what you're doing automatically reveals your role? Goddamn, if I'd known that I wouldn't have responded to your questions as to why I was rolefishing! Now you know my role!

Unvote, Vote Lonewolf I. No townie is going to accept "can't say, go away" as a response unless they're certain someone's town, which would take some incredible readings on Org at this point.

Mr. Person, you put my name instead of Lonewolf's twice, why was that? It would be crazy to say so out loud, but could it be a Freudian slip, since you were trying to draw attention away from Lonewolf and onto me?

IronyOwl:  Fair enough, but I'm curious about one thing (and this is not directed at Org, but is rhetorical).  What the heck kind of role defines your strategy in such a way as giving out your strategy would reveal your role?  I think we know generally enough about the roles in this game to show that there aren't any like that.  Maybe in a Ridiculous Mafia or something, but not here.  Regardless of your role, your prime directive is to hunt scum.
Ask Lonewolf.

If my strategy is to be purposefully obnoxious to see who doesn't do anything about it, is it not hunting scum?
Generally, scum will be less likely to go after me. Sure, maybe a stab here and there, but whats the point? He hurts town more when he is town?
Obviously, those who attack and then back off are probably scum.
Oh mah gawd I am so devious.
Too predictable, Org. Plus, unpredictable results. Not everyone is going to hammer you, if only because they've given up on you being useful or are busy with other things, and some scum might push you to scumhunt in order to look townish. After all, if they don't think you're useful, why worry about you trying to scumhunt?

The rest, I'm not exactly seeing a lot to work with.
Then make some to work with. I believe both major discussions resulted from Org's random question and questioning of said question. Which is partially just Org, but still. You can't wait for things to get done, you have to do them yourself.

Solifuge, what the hell?
I'm making a point of stating that I will not be participating in the present shenanigans. Take this as you will.
Unless I'm mistaken, this is your last post, and your second post in the game. You say you're not going to "participate in the present shenanigans" without explaining what that means, then lurk until day 2? Are you actually going to play or not? Even Org is posting, regardless of how useful it is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:26 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Archangel: Solifuge
IronyOwl: Lonewolf I
JanusTwoFace: Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Lonewolf I: IronyOwl, Pandarsenic
Mr.Person: ToonyMan
Org: JanusTwoFace, Mr.Person
Pandarsenic: Eduren

Day ends in ~2 hours
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 05:24:38 pm »

I think that Org should be lynched, but we still need one more vote.  I really don't think that we should no lynch.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »

I'd rather see Lonewolf lynched for being scummy than Org lynched for being useless, especially since I think Org can be useful, he just isn't always.

I'm rather disturbed Janus is tied for being lynched, given that both votes seem to be random votes from people who haven't posted much. I guess that's more from scattered random votes in general, but still.

I'll lynch Org if it's that or no lynch, but I'd really rather not lynch a nuisance unless we have no other targets.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2010, 06:43:47 pm »

Nobody's willing to change their vote? If we're going to lynch someone useless and incomprehensible, we should have gone with Solifuge.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2010, 06:51:36 pm »

Blegh. This, really, really feels like a mistake, but Unvote, Vote Org.

I'm glaring at everyone with their vote on some random person right now.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:51 pm »

I'm still here, but it looks like no-one else is.  The most recent post from neither of us was over 6 hours ago.

Solifuge is being frustrating.  He's posted over 30 times on the forums (as recently as 2 hours ago), but hasn't been here for since the 27th.  >:(

Psuedo-edit: I was going to move my vote, but that's not helpful now that you've moved yours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »

Assuming we get in before Meph does, we could both change it. Unless it's to Lonewolf, we would still be at no lynch, though.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2010, 06:58:02 pm »

We need to lynch Org.  Even on the chance that he's not scum, he's still harming the town.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2010, 07:01:37 pm »

I still think he has the potential to get better. I agree we'll have to lynch him if he doesn't, however, which is why I don't want a no lynch.

I still think there's a better target, but if you're certain you want Org gone because he's harmful, and not just annoying on a personal level, I guess we'll have to deal with him first.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »

The problem is that Org is really good at doing exactly what's almost happening and avoiding being lynched based on "oh he's just being Org".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2010, 07:06:41 pm »

Fair enough, but he was at least giving coherent answers recently. Explaining that he had an absolutely worthless, probably harmful plan, granted, but at least participating somewhat. At least in relation to himself.

Well, I guess that settles it. Org must die.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 07:15:52 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Archangel: Solifuge
IronyOwl: Lonewolf I
JanusTwoFace: Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Lonewolf I: Pandarsenic
Mr.Person: ToonyMan
Org: IronyOwl, JanusTwoFace, Mr.Person
Pandarsenic: Eduren

IronyOwl and Mr.Person grab a protesting Org and drag him up the noose.

"You don't understand!" Screams Org. "I can use my powers to help you! You have no idea how powerful I really am!"

"Yeah, well, we don't need any powerful scum." growls Mr.Person. Org spits in his face as the noose is placed around his neck.

IronyOwl grimaces and kicks the stool out from Org.

The condemned man jerks and twitches for a while before finally dying. Not a good death.

Searching the body you find a bundle of cloth. Inside is a tome of heretical Fortune Telling methods, long banned by the Church. In addition, you find a strange and somewhat sinister symbol hanging from a leather thong around his neck. You surmise that it marks him as a member of some secret society or Cult.

Seems you chose well, today.

But now night falls, and a chill wind has picked up. You all scurry back to your homes.

Day 1 has ended, and the first Night falls. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29