Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: What kind of music does Bay12 like?  (Read 15911 times)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of music does Bay12 like?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 04:51:41 pm »

Rock, especially classic rock, Folk, a small amount of metal, especially early metal. Thats about it really.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 05:05:52 pm »

Loads of stuff. Only genre completely barred would be (modern) country.

Classic rock, 90's rock/alternative, some punk, various experimental/avant garde things, variations of metal (sludge, drone and sometimes progressive), classical, Frank Zappa, some folky stuff, some modern rock/alternative bands, some Sinatra and Cash, and a handful of rap songs.

Nearly 4,000 songs in iTunes at the moment.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »

I can say I like any particular music genre more.

I like this, this and this for example. That's, in order, Acoustic Electronic Music, German Electro Dance with a Rap vocal and SID Power Metal(possibly the most nerdy form of metal).

I also like some mainstream MTV artists like GaGa or DJ Tiesto.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

I listen to mostly techno music with some miscellaneous songs of other genres.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:30 pm »

Here is my music folder. It's pretty big:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I like all sorts of stuff.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 05:25:57 pm »

Lot of classic rock, some blues, a few rare instances of country, some grunge, whatever the hell Tweaker is, a touch of heavy metal, and some other assorteds (not to mention a few Tool songs.  Mostly from the later albums).  Can't stand death metal, rap, hip hop, R&B, popular pop, techno, certain types of jazz and so forth.

I've been listening to a fair amount of Soundgarden lately.  I listen quite a bit to Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Dire Straits and a couple that slip my memory at the moment of writing this.  I also list Bob Dylan, AiC, Beatles, Eagles, Uriah Heep, Better Than Ezra, Eric Clapton, and a number of classical pieces (primarily Mozart and Beethoven) as stuff I'm quite willing to listen to, among others.

And, of course, there are the oddballs that don't quite fit in anywhere else, like Danny Elfman and the Town theme from Diablo.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 05:34:47 pm »

I've been listening to a fair amount of Soundgarden lately.  I listen quite a bit to Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Dire Straits and a couple that slip my memory at the moment of writing this.  I also list Bob Dylan, AiC, Beatles, Eagles, Uriah Heep, Better Than Ezra, Eric Clapton, and a number of classical pieces (primarily Mozart and Beethoven) as stuff I'm quite willing to listen to, among others.

You sir, have good taste. Superunknown is one of my favorite albums. And everything in bold is awesome.

Also, for anyone who likes Pink Floyd, Queen, or even Foo Fighters, try Brian May and Foo Fighters covering 'Have A Cigar'.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:36:50 pm by Helmaroc »

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 05:39:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah so here's my music folder. It's doesn't include classical music though. I highlighted what I mostly listen to at the moment (forgot to highlight Yes), mostly metal and variations of metal as you can see. Also Calvin Harris. Lately listening to the LotR soundtracks a lot - epicness in it's purest musical form.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 05:43:59 pm »

I found some Yann Tiersen, Yoko Kanno, and Yui that I apparently forgot to move to my music folder.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:32 pm »

First?

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 06:32:29 pm »

Variations of metal (specifically power, thrash, industrial and heavy metal), synthpunk, electronica, drum and bass, electronic dance, breakbeat, big beat, dubstep, alternative rock, grunge, house, Eurodance.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 06:39:25 pm »

Game OSTs and Anime OSTs, really.  And Christian music too I suppose.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »

Metal and variations of metal. I lean heavily to the Prog side of the scale, though, as I was introduced to rock via Rush, and then was dumped into a bucket of Dream Theater. I'm also a fan of instrumental music, but some of the guitarists (Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, etc.) take themselves way too seriously, and it comes through in their music. Buckethead is a good example of an artist I like, if you can find one of his tracks that isn't super experimental/noise.

Losing Dio was a sad day for me. Still sad about that.

Also, everything ever written by Sam Spence is burned into my brain forever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 07:14:35 pm »

Game OSTs and Anime OSTs, really.  And Christian music too I suppose.
This, pretty much! Except the Christian music. So yeah, just Game OSTs and Anime OSTs...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »

Lot of classic rock, some blues, a few rare instances of country, some grunge, whatever the hell Tweaker is, a touch of heavy metal, and some other assorteds (not to mention a few Tool songs.  Mostly from the later albums).  Can't stand death metal, rap, hip hop, R&B, popular pop, techno, certain types of jazz and so forth.

And, of course, there are the oddballs that don't quite fit in anywhere else, like Danny Elfman and the Town theme from Diablo.
Looks like we share similar tastes. I'd like to add some classic punk music ranging from The Ramones, The Clash, and The Sex Pistols to 90's punk rock of Ten Foot Pole, No Use For A name, Pennywise, The Offspring, old Blink182 (before becoming MTV/VH1-ized), and Bad Religion.

Personally, the 90s punk rock reminds me of middle school and doing crazy-ass stuff in Flight Simulator. Especially the early Fat Wreck Chords albums (the first 4 of them I believe).

I've also been listening to some Irish bands as of late (thanks to this lovely link and Pandora. Link has a 200-song playlist BTW.): Link
Gaelic Storm rock, BTW.

Along with some (alternative) folk (rock) and metal (from Beck to Korpiklanni). And I wouldn't be a child of the 90's without having listened to my fair share of grunge (with the obvious mention of Nirvana, of course).

I'm also a bit of an OST person myself as well. Been a fan since Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:34:48 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13