Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57680 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #660 on: August 20, 2010, 08:20:27 am »

WINNER:Luke Skywalker

NEXT ROUND: Ajax the Great (Greek myth) VS Snikrot, leader of the Red Skull kommando.

However, I will need someone to volunteer to judge this time, as since I suggested Ajax, I would be unsuitable for judging any matches involving him.

Guts
                   +----+
Ajax --------------+    |
                        +----+
Sollux Captor           |    |
                   +----+    |
Snikrot -----------+         |
                             +----+
Roy Mustang -------+         |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Problem Sleuth          |    |    |
                        +----+    |
Isaac -------------+    |         |
                   +----+         |
Jonathan Gabriel                  |
                                  +--Winner
Don Kanonji                       |
                   +----+         |
Sam Vimes ---------+    |         |
                        +----+    |
Luke Skywalker ----+    |    |    |
                   +----+    |    |
Canis Wolfborn               |    |
                             +----+
Terra Branford ----+         |
                   +----+    |
Gilgamesh               |    |
                        +----+
Tex ---------------+    |
                   +----+
Dr. Clef

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 20, 2010, 08:21:20 am »

I'll handle it. This one should be interesting, anyway.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 20, 2010, 08:22:06 am »

Ajax

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 20, 2010, 08:23:19 am »

Naw, man, you have to post an argument for why Ajax would beat Snikrot.

EDIT: Or vice-versa.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 20, 2010, 08:24:26 am »

Ajax

would eb able to use is Ox hide shield to block most attack, then simply smash him appart.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 20, 2010, 10:15:07 am »

Ajax would definitely win in melee combat. Snikrot's advantage is surprise, but Ajax has been known to recover from ambushes very well before gutting his opponents. If Snikrot failed to sneak up on Ajax, Ajax could simply defeat Snikrot with his longer reach.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 20, 2010, 11:46:29 am »

Snikrot. He's bigger and stronger(maybe? bigger at least) than Ajax, and Ajax's weapons would probably just get stuck in him ineffectually.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 20, 2010, 12:03:39 pm »

You got to remember that Snikrot can take down Space Marines, who are the greatest warriors of the Imperium. And Snikrot would probably survive a spear lodged in his chest, I doubt Ajax could survive a stikkbomb.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SEVEN: AJAX VS SNIKROT]
« Reply #668 on: August 20, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »

Snikrot.

Becuz green iz best!

Orks are tough. As in, a gun which cuts humans in half warms them slightly. It takes rapidfire RPGs, molecular shuriken, swarms of ultra strong scythe bugs, or ANTI ARMOR WEAPONRY just to kill them.

Orks are also strong. They can have tons of metal bits grafted on to their skin, as well as a generator on their back, and still walk around and fight.

There's also the matter of technology. Cloaking? Kommando speshulty. Dakka? Ork speshulty. Big boom? Ork speshulty! Moar dakka? Youz getz da picture.

While Ajax's shield may be effective against swords and bows, a single stikbom could tear it apart, if not Ajax himself. A shoota could just punch right through. If Snikrot had a choppa, MAYBE Ajax could win. But even choppa Kommandos usually carry a pistol, and I've never seen a Kommando without some kind of explosive device. And let's not even go there with shotguns and flamers. As for Ajax's weaponry, a spear is almost completely useless against an ork, as they don't feel pain, and have skin comparable to armor. And they wear armor made from the skin of Squigs, which are nonsentient cousins of orkkind and thus have similarly tough skin.

And then there's the fact that Kommando's are some of the most kunnin' orks ever. Admittedly, that's not saying much, but orks are very good at fightin' an' winnin'. Snikrot would likely just shoot Ajax in the back or plant mines or something, but if things got dicey, he'd probably either recloak and attack from behind or do something crazy like use his own equipment as improvised explosives.

So there's my argument as to why Ajax is completely, utterly, screwed.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2010, 02:20:36 pm »

Snikrot only wields two knives called the Teeth of Mork, if I recall. No Dakka. Without his Dakka, Ajax and Snikrot are on even terms as far as technology. If Ajax's shield can stand up to the attacks of Guts, it can stand up to the attacks of Snikrot. In addition, Ajax also carries several bronze swords that he can use in the event that his spear gets lodged in Snikrot.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2010, 02:27:10 pm »

I thought we agreed that during the Sollux battle that Snikrot took a shoota during preparation

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »

Snikrot only wields two knives called the Teeth of Mork, if I recall. No Dakka. Without his Dakka, Ajax and Snikrot are on even terms as far as technology. If Ajax's shield can stand up to the attacks of Guts, it can stand up to the attacks of Snikrot. In addition, Ajax also carries several bronze swords that he can use in the event that his spear gets lodged in Snikrot.
What, you think the swords can't get lodged in him too? And even if the shield can block Snikrot, it can't kill him. Snikrot will get a lucky shot in eventually, and Ajax has no viable way of doing any real damage. Heck, snikrot can probably heal faster than mere swords can hurt him.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 20, 2010, 03:16:48 pm »

Is it just me, or is the link for the information about Snikrot broken? The whole website seems to be down.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »

What, you think the swords can't get lodged in him too? And even if the shield can block Snikrot, it can't kill him. Snikrot will get a lucky shot in eventually, and Ajax has no viable way of doing any real damage. Heck, snikrot can probably heal faster than mere swords can hurt him.
You don't usually use swords for stabbing, you use them for slashing. The eyes, throat, hamstrings, and fingers all make good targets for slashing, and I'd call losing one of those 'real damage.' Also, Snikrot is not a troll. I've never heard of any mere Orc having regeneration.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2010, 03:34:01 pm »

Sniktrot has this one in the bag, sadly. Ajax doesn't have the weapons to even pierce the skin, even then only with a terribly lucky blow. And not lucky enough to his vital area like a hamstring or eye. Sniktrot, on the other hand, just needs one good slice to end this fight permanently.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 66