Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57685 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #645 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:50 am »

For about the same reason Cj, i owould give it to Luke.

If ti was expanded universe Luke, Canis would not stand a chance.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 16, 2010, 09:33:01 am »

Does Canis have any way of stopping Luke from just picking him up with the force? Because if not this will be a short fight.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 16, 2010, 09:48:18 am »

I can't wait for the fight between Ajax and Snikrot. It will be X-TREEEEEME.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 16, 2010, 10:51:15 am »

Does Canis have any way of stopping Luke from just picking him up with the force? Because if not this will be a short fight.
Since it's luke skywalker from the movies, we're going by whatever abilities are explicitly depicted in the movies. Although Luke does demonstrate telekinesis with the force during training with yoda, it is limited and unsustained.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:28 am »

It Is a starfighter, which is probably much heavier.  I doubt he would have much trouble to hamper Canis movement using these abilities.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 16, 2010, 11:38:23 am »

Using the force directly on other people might lead to the dark side, unless it is just innocently mind controlling the weak...

As far as battle scenes from the movies go:
 Is Canis a sand person? Probably not, there goes an easy decider...
 There was that training scene where Luke learned to fight blindfolded, not that that is likely to come up...
 Does Luke get an X-Wing?
 Luke can jump really high and has a robotic hand, apart from reduced sensation the hand doesn't seem significant...
 Accurately throwing stuff at switches isn't a particularly relevant skill, unless Canis has an ejector-seat/self-destruct button/Obvious weak point...
 Killing Bobafett earns some extra points...
 Is inspiring Gollum Darth Vader to throw The One Ring Emperor into Mount Doom The Death Star's Reactor count for anything?
 If the lightning claws can block a light sabe then I suppose it comes down to super-human physique and experience versus precognition and telekinesis...

I expect that either Canis will charge in and overwhelm Luke with superior strength or that Luke will duck neatly to the side and bisect Canis. Difficult to tell which one would happen though, it is never really explained exactly what the limits of the precognitive ability are. We know that it can reliably predict energy bolts, but can apparently fail against melee weapons, although that could be an effect of the opponent blocking it...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 16, 2010, 11:41:33 am »

Mostly meant, if Canis runs up to him, he could just lift his leg with telekinesis,or push is sswing a little backward. Lost footing = Lost life.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 16, 2010, 01:30:51 pm »

Yeah, for an Empire with an entire society of mages, the Imperium seems really unfamiliar with telekinesis for some reason.

As for RAM's "suggestions"

Quote from: RAM
Is Canis a sand person? Probably not, there goes an easy decider...
Did you forget the dozens of Stormtroopers, the elite of the Empire? (They suck against heroes, but are shown to be leagues beyond the Rebel Troopers
 There was that training scene where Luke learned to fight blindfolded, not that that is likely to come up...
It demonstrates how easily he can predict and deflect attacks, which is vital against a superhuman like Canis.
 Does Luke get an X-Wing?
No, that'd actually be a fight I think he'd lose.
 Luke can jump really high and has a robotic hand, apart from reduced sensation the hand doesn't seem significant...
Luke Jump Good. That mobility gives him a major advantage in melee, being able to attack from literally any direction.
 Accurately throwing stuff at switches isn't a particularly relevant skill, unless Canis has an ejector-seat/self-destruct
button/Obvious weak point...
Unless he throws something deadly. That seems pretty obvious to me.
 Killing Bobafett earns some extra points...
Yes, killing the man, first name Boba, last name Fett was pretty good.
 Is inspiring Gollum Darth Vader to throw The One Ring Emperor into Mount Doom The Death Star's Reactor count for anything?
No, but beating a Dark Lord of the Sith in a lightsaber duel (the Sith's favorite means of combat) with only a few months of training shows a lot.
 If the lightning claws can block a light sabe then I suppose it comes down to super-human physique and experience versus precognition and telekinesis...
Which has been well established.

I'm sure these were well meaning, but the overall answer pretty much boils down to "Derp derp derp"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 16, 2010, 05:34:36 pm »

The hell, man. Hank killed Boba, not Luke.

As for the Stormtroopers, there's a big point there. The average Space Marine's weapon is an automatic rocket launcher.

... So is the Stormtrooper's.

Watch the movies again and notice that every time a Rebel goes down to a shot by an E-11 blaster, it's because the bolt exploded beside him and probably seared his face off. This is why the  Stormtroopers don't aim. They don't have to. (More evidence for the sheer MANGRIT of the E-11 in the movies? When Leia is wounded on Endor, it's again from a bolt that blows up behind her, rather than a direct hit). Also note that the Stormtroopers only go down from direct hits, implying that their armor is tough enough to withstand the explosive power of the bolt.

So Luke is essentially capable of taking down men with Bolter equivalent weapons and armor that can withstand those weapons.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:24 am »

Right then, Here's how I see it would happen right now. Of course, I'm likely not as clued up on the pair as some of you lot, so take this opportunity to correct where I'm going wrong.

-The two enter the arena.
-Luke would not be likely to try a sneak attack. In the movies we see him using disguises (stormtrooper armour), but not actually sneaking. Carnis would try a sneak attack, but Luke would be able to sense him and his presence before he got too close.
-Due to Luke's lightsaber and lack of ranged weaponry, this fight will not be decided at range. They're going to have to get close to kill each other.
-they start fighting lightsaber/power claw. It would be close, but the increased reach on the lightsaber and luke's force precognition would prevent Carnis from mounting an effective attack, so it would unable to win. Sooner or later, Luke lands the killing blow and wins.

Feel free to correct me in how it would go. I'm not going to make a final decision until people have had enough time to offer their views.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:33 am »

Actually, man, Luke should have a holdout blaster at least. Unless someone specified "Return of the Jedi", where he was not carrying a blaster at all.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2010, 04:37:40 pm »

Right then, Here's how I see it would happen right now. Of course, I'm likely not as clued up on the pair as some of you lot, so take this opportunity to correct where I'm going wrong.

-The two enter the arena.
-Luke would not be likely to try a sneak attack. In the movies we see him using disguises (stormtrooper armour), but not actually sneaking. Carnis would try a sneak attack, but Luke would be able to sense him and his presence before he got too close.
-Due to Luke's lightsaber and lack of ranged weaponry, this fight will not be decided at range. They're going to have to get close to kill each other.
-they start fighting lightsaber/power claw. It would be close, but the increased reach on the lightsaber and luke's force precognition would prevent Carnis from mounting an effective attack, so it would unable to win. Sooner or later, Luke lands the killing blow and wins.

Feel free to correct me in how it would go. I'm not going to make a final decision until people have had enough time to offer their views.

That's about how I see it, but in the rematch with Darth Vader Luke does manage to hide for a minute, and have some exposition with his dad.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 18, 2010, 05:13:00 pm »

Expo-sneak. Is there a tv tropes page about that ?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:59 pm »

I don't know, but there should be.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:40 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 66