Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57841 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

Doesn't Sollux have quite a few Throwing Stars? Those might help to a degree. Uh, throw them in the Orks eyes or something. That's basically the only thing closest to a physical weapon I can think.

Yep. He chopped a mainframe(accident) and his strife specibus(on purpose) in half with them. A strife specibus is what allows people to wield weapons and attack people with them in Homestuck. With his high level psionic abilities, he doesn't need one.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Doesn't Sollux have quite a few Throwing Stars? Those might help to a degree. Uh, throw them in the Orks eyes or something. That's basically the only thing closest to a physical weapon I can think.

Yep. He chopped a mainframe(accident) and his strife specibus(on purpose) in half with them. A strife specibus is what allows people to wield weapons and attack people with them in Homestuck. With his high level psionic abilities, he doesn't need one.
I read all the MSPA adventures you know.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I read all the MSPA adventures you know.

Huh. Didn't know that. Sorry.
To be partly feline,

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile

I'd say Sollux.  W40K Orcs tend to be pretty sucky when separated from the hivemind and alone.  If the battle were in a jungle the ork advantage at "Gorilla" warfare would give him the upper hand, but in a more neutral setting Sollux should be able to take him out.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

...?

Spoiler: Gorilla Warfare... (click to show/hide)

SHIT YEAH

I'd say Sollux would win. Even if Sniktrot managed to stay hidden, he'd eventually be flushed out by Sollux's random attacks. Then when actually in the thick of it, he would have to fight with only two knives at very close range. This would never happen, as Sollux more or less specializes in killing you at a distance.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

It's not impossible to think that, in the 3 days he was given to prepare, that Snikrot got his hands on a gun (maybe a kombi flamer). And the Ork gestalt psychic field is a wild card in of itself.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

That's true, and I put that in my original post, which exceeded 500 words and was DELETED BY MY SHITTY INTERNET CONNECTION.

Sollux's powers are close enough to WAAAAAGH! magic or psyker powers that the Ork field would likely let it be. As for a gun, Sollux just has to make sure he isn't hit, which plenty of cover should hopefully allow.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Even if Snikrot managed to get into melee range Sollux would just force him to kill himself with his own knives. The only chance Snikrot has it to blow him away at range by shooting him before he's spotted, but this would mean sneaking up on a clairvoyant. The WAAAGH might help him resist Sollux's powers, but isn't it's power proportional to the number of orks in the area? Snikrot alone would probably have almost no power.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if Snikrot managed to get into melee range Sollux would just force him to kill himself with his own knives. The only chance Snikrot has it to blow him away at range by shooting him before he's spotted, but this would mean sneaking up on a clairvoyant. The WAAAGH might help him resist Sollux's powers, but isn't it's power proportional to the number of orks in the area? Snikrot alone would probably have almost no power.

Eh? I didn't think Sollux can mind control. Besides, if he could sneak up on a farseer, then I have faith in Snikrot's ability to sneak up on Sollux.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh? I didn't think Sollux can mind control.

He can't. I think Dragnar means Sollux using his telekinesis on Snikrot's arms to pull off a telekinetic "Stop hitting yourself". Or just telekinetically grabbing the knives and stabbing him with them.
To be partly feline,

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Eh? I didn't think Sollux can mind control. Besides, if he could sneak up on a farseer, then I have faith in Snikrot's ability to sneak up on Sollux.
No, I meant controlling the blades themselves, not Snikrot. Didn't know he could sneak up on a farseer, so that gives him some chance at least.

ninja'd.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Snikrot can resist psychic abilities via the WAAAAGH! and can sneak up on Sollux. I'm sure that a few stabs would do the trick.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile

How's he going to sneak up?  Sollux can clip away any nearby bushes or other cover with his mindblades, and orks don't take much care in being quiet.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's he going to sneak up?  Sollux can clip away any nearby bushes or other cover with his mindblades, and orks don't take much care in being quiet.
Cover isn't just bushes and weak foliage, it could also be stone walls and ditches.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile

Snikrot can resist psychic abilities via the WAAAAGH! and can sneak up on Sollux. I'm sure that a few stabs would do the trick.
Floating high in the sky and throwing stuff is resisted by the WAAAAGH!   ?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66