Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Man of Magicks  (Read 6015 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Man of Magicks
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »

Time Magic
Meta Magic
Conjuration Magic

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 03:07:28 pm »

Time Magic
Meta Magic
Conjuration Magic
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:14:26 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »

Your late
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 03:14:38 pm »

What are you talking about?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »

I see that edit there
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 04:31:58 pm »

Conjuration magic
Time magic
Meta magic

We should major in creating armies of monsters. Most definitely.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »

Conjuration Magic
Time Magic
Meta Magic
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »

Well, I used that order to mean that our main skill should be conjuration.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

And I used the awesome power of defamation to do the same thing!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 10:07:18 pm »

I vote for TIME MAGICKS, and use my other two votes to downvote anything else that might beat it. <_<;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »

Time Magic
Meta Magic
Conjuration Magic
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 10:54:15 pm »

You are a master of time itself, tampering with the fabric of reality itself to work your magic. While actual time travel is impossible, you can still change the rate at which objects travel through time, speeding them up, slowing them down, even rapidly aging things. You have heard that a few of the mightiest time mages have even gained the power to create temporal paradoxes, drawing knowledge from the future before it even exists or creating temporally displaced copies of themselves. To aid in your studies of time magic you also studied the nature of magic itself a good deal, along with a working knowledge of conjuration you picked up as a hobby.

You finish cleaning off the various enchanted timepieces used to aid your control of time magic(Though their main purpose is simply to keep you from messing your head up too badly. Time is quite confusing to work with.) and take one of the smaller pocket watches with you. With the cleaning out of the way your plans for the future race through your head. You are moderately wealthy, and will probably never have to work a day in your life, but if you were willing to settle for the power you have now you wouldn't be much of a mage now would you? No, you will one day be something ordinary men cannot even dream of becoming... but where to start?

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »

First, distort time around the entrance to your cave (or wherever you are) so that it passes much more slowly to delay anyone who tries to come in by as much as you can without straining yourself (probably about 1/10th speed, or so?). Oh, unless it drains energy just keeping the time distortions up, not just making them.

Conjure a swarm of tiny, tame spiders, and have them guard your lab against anyone but you. Make them those really tiny, innocuous ones that jump really far, but with a sleeping poison sort of thing.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 11:11:02 pm »

slow ageing
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 11:22:06 pm »

First, distort time around the entrance to your cave (or wherever you are) so that it passes much more slowly to delay anyone who tries to come in by as much as you can without straining yourself (probably about 1/10th speed, or so?). Oh, unless it drains energy just keeping the time distortions up, not just making them.

Conjure a swarm of tiny, tame spiders, and have them guard your lab against anyone but you. Make them those really tiny, innocuous ones that jump really far, but with a sleeping poison sort of thing.
slow ageing

do BOTH
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6