Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Paranatural Monster Defence(work in progress, 2 slots) The demons aproach  (Read 16228 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that the mauler is still useful for anyone with a two-handed item that has a large AP cost to use. Obviously it will be useless to people attacking with pistols or machine guns, but it lets a melee type pick off someone if they find themselves too far away from the action to do much, or a slow RoF weapon user to throw out an attack with their last couple of AP.

But given that it currently acts as a bonus damage device, why does it only work for single-handed weapons? Don't two-handed weapons typically have twice the AP cost anyway? Ummm, except for machine guns, ummm, okay, that could be a problem but if anyone ever gets a fully automatic pistol there will be trouble...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Get Non-Human: 5 PP left
Get Grotesque and Blood Rage: 16 PP left
Get Werebeast: 10 PP left
Get Valiant: 15 PP left
Get Clawed Menace, Bloodlust, Blood God: 1 PP left
Buy 7 Perk Points: -$280, $10 left, 8 PP left
Get Bloodthirsty, Speedy: 0 PP left
Give $10 to Criptfeind

HP 8/8
AP 16

Currency:
$0
PP:0

Inventory:

Perks/Flaws
Non-Human Class> -5pp, +3HP Armour Blocks 3/4 as much, +10% cost at shopps
Werebeast Class> -6pp, gain a claw attack; 3ap 1 damage melee attack that crits on a 5-14, +4AP, Changes How Clawed Menace perk works
Clawed Menace> -4pp, Reduces ap cost of claw attack by 1
Bloodlust> -5pp, Rerolled failed crits
Blood God> -5 PP, When you score a cit, you gain an extra 1.5 AP next turn, you can only get extra AP this way from crits you score inside you're normal maximum
Bloodthirsty> -4 PP, Gain 2 free attacks whenever you finish off an eney, may only move 1 square between the attacks
Speedy> -4pp, +2 AP
Grotesque> +6pp, Cannot wear armour
Blood rage> +5pp, If you are harmed to below 3hp the enemy that did it must be killed before you move away, you can't target anything else untill it is dead if you are healed above 3hp you calm down.
Valiant> +5pp, You cannot be healed by others

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

it only works for 1 handed weapons because of the way you hold them, or at least the way i see them being held, and thats for the free shot whenever the other ranged weapon shoots
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooo.... Whats happening now then for the rest of us...
Scavenger has nothing new, and its not like I can buy anything useful atm...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

scavenger will get new stuff when i can think of it (or i like someones suggestion), re balancing the game and using my own stuff is more important
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I don't know anything I could suggest. But at the moment, even with this 'patch' you put to the Werecreature, its gonna be a repeat of last round. Ched slaughtering 90% of the foes, and everyone else doing little due to it...

Heck looking at his new character sheet, its the same as before...

The lack of weapons is now disturbingly annoying...
Whats wrong with Kinetic weapons like before???
Though there was little chance of a NON Werecreature like Cheds doing alot of damage at the start before...

It may seem that I am Raging on the Werecreature class, but it was shown to be the most OP last turn to the point that no other class was even able to see if they were too...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

you have a point nevyn, it was very op, but Chedd will likely slaughter less than last time, even with the 2 free attacks, but if you think he will still be too powerful, tell me what i could change to make werebeast reasonable but not unplayable and there will be projectile weapons, but ive been on a bit of a C&C tiberian sun binge, and the basic troopers use pulse weapons, so thats kinda influencing my weapon decisions

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Listen. Werebeast is seriously OP. It's just dumb. I'm taking it because I want to exploit it. It was OP, then you "fixed" it and it was bad, then you fixed it again and it's overpowered again. If you say, every time you kill something, you get 2 free attacks, that just creates a feedback loop like the one I had before. I kill something, and get 2 free attacks. Then I use those free attacks to kill something else, and get two more free attacks. I can literally single-handedly destroy an entire demon army in one turn. And even if you have a limiter - if you say, "You only get free attacks when you kill a demon with your own AP" - it's still overpowered, because I basically get double the amount of attacks.

So. Try to make Werebeast interesting, I guess, but not so ludicrously overpowered. I'll be taking a mage class this turn, then.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if you think he will still be too powerful, tell me what i could change to make werebeast reasonable but not unplayable.
What Ched just said...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One problem is that the claw attacks are something you are stuck with, they need to compete with later weapons that people will need to pay a lot of cash for. I suggest 3 or 4 more claw related perks, say...
basic claws: 3 AP .5 damage 9-12 crit, dirt cheap, maybe 2 PP...
4PP Sharper edge: 2/3 AP(2)
3PP Serrated edge: +.5 damage(1) do full damage to armour but do not penetrate.
4PP Elongated claws: +3 crit(7-13)
6PP Corrosive slick: +3 crit(6-15)
6PP Elastic muscles: 3/4 AP(1.5)
At 26 PP this 1.5 AP 1 damage 5-16 crit weapons is not cheap and an extra PP here or a power reduction there is easy enough to add while people can still start out with claws if they want to. It would be a weapon that would still be quite weak against armour that reduces damage by a fixed amount on account of dealing 1 damage a half of the time.

You could try the following modifications to the perks for the next test...
Blood God 5 6pp> When you score a crit, you gain an extra 1.5 AP extra AP equal to one attack next turn, you can only get extra AP this way from crits you score inside you're normal maximum
Bloodthirsty4pp> Gain 2 free attacks AP equal to one attack whenever you finish off an enemy, may only move 1 square between the attacks

I am tempted to raise the PP costs of those but the current version may work...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

good idea RAM, i might include these i also have included some more abilities to most classes, and i am emphasising recklessness in the werebeast's style

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranatural Monster Defence
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2010, 03:23:10 pm »

Name: Ernald Johnston
Class: Mechanic (-5 PP)
Perks:
Builder (Spend 40$ to get the one PP that I need for it)
Speedy (-4 PP)
Flaws:
Construction equipment (+4 PP)
Buy:
Denim and leather
Pulse Rifle (-130$)

45 dollars left over.

Use the same picture as before.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

My character looks fine as is.  Sorry I don't have more suggestions for divine magic, I've been particularly busy the past few days.

I hope people get hurt more in the coming round, so I can properly test my character's ability to assist (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

ok there are new melee weapons, RAM; can you PM me the ideas for those claws, so i can look at them more easily? give me you're final characters/new ideas.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will do, but for future reference you should be able to P.M. them to yourself, I have P.M.ed myself before...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25