Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we bring back the old? Or bring in the new?

Use the old save and 40d
Start a new EH with 2010
Start a new EH with 40d

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Who's turn is it? Answer me, maggot!  (Read 38103 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Turn nine: Kregoth... maybe...
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2010, 11:08:07 pm »

Wait was that a season or a year?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 21, 2010, 11:50:02 pm »

Season. just spring. Summer tomorrow,maybe fall. Not sure
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2010, 02:18:20 am »

I will be withdrawing from this succession because i am in far too many and i am currently working on a mod
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
For those that have Passed on
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2010, 04:58:26 pm »

Today we morn the loss of Datan Bekarfikod, Moldath Romekcilod, Lolor Kokeboddom, Asin Shuthraziblel, and an unnamed stray kitten.
These brave souls charged the goblin horde undaunted. Their Heroic act put the army of green skinned horrors in perfect position for The Wires of Bronze to rain Iron death upon them as The Mountainous Aces and The Generals of Mining crashed into the fray from both sides.
The Siege was slaughtered to a gobbo. Victory was ours.
I have ordered new tombs for each of the fallen Heroes.
Remember their names! For they are the reason you still live!   
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:43 pm »

Summer has passed.
We traded with the humans, Rock crafts, and gobbo cloths, for Metal and Booze!
work continues on the tombs.
as Autumn descends upon us we got visitor;
THE FORGOTEN BEAST ESTRUR HAS COME!
An enormous humanoid composed of water.
It has two short tails and undulates rhythmically.
Beware it's poison gas!

Currently it undulates about the second cavern network.
I hope he is to dumb to find a way in.

Autumn has now passed
Estrur got in the fort, killed a baby, then got in a fight with the broker
The Broker punched him once, Knocking Estrur's hand off in one hit
The beast ran for it's life after that, I think it may have lost all it's water.
More tombs are needed. Before me, was any one bothering with the dead?
We have lots of metal bars and more Booze after trade with the dwarfs
oh, and the gobbo's came again. Our Warriors cut them down without mercy.

Winter is done.
it started fairly boring, I finish the Tombs, and made some new rooms.
Unfortunately the Goblins could not leave well enough alone and yet another siege was upon us.
It really could not have gone better. They came right though the traps and murder holes.
It was a Total victory, not one Dwarf life lost, all goblins, trolls, cave crawlers, and yes even three Jabarers killed

Here is the save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3314

my time is done, I return to my post of Weapon-smith. ALL HAIL KREGOTH MAYBE! MAY HIS RAIN BE GREATER THEN MINE!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:35:50 am by TALLPANZER »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2010, 03:24:53 am »

Anybody except me thinking that it's time to skip Kregoth?

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2010, 06:15:53 am »

i think it's about time.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:43 pm »

Hey I am here But skip me anyways I am to busy livestreaming minecraft at www.qubetubers.com and dealing with Physical therapy and doctors.

Sorry all :( For some reason the forums where not sending me e-mails for the topic replies even though it marked as notify me lol.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:40:36 pm by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2010, 12:55:00 pm »

he said skip him. Now some one get in here and eternal these halls!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2010, 02:02:13 pm »

he said skip him. Now some one get in here and eternal these halls!
The correct verb would be etern... or eternalize... whatever, I sent a PM to Daetrin Taco Dan (oops), let's hope he wakes up and notices this thread soon.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:15:36 am by Dariush »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »

Oh hai. What've... O.o
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Turn nine: lolhurt is down! PTTG??!?!!?
« Reply #251 on: November 07, 2010, 03:52:06 pm »

OK, I want everyone to see how this is done. I'm downloading the save now. I'm going to the store, then I'm going to play it for one year. Then I am going to upload it. All within one day.

And YOU. YES, YOU, the reader! Sign up for this succession game if you haven't already. Or else I will do something. Something you don't want to know. You will certainly find out what it is, though. If you don't sign up.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »

WHat the hell, if I'm not up in Halltraded I'll take a turn. *Returns to lurking*
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2010, 08:35:36 pm »

Spring:
   I've just arrived at the fortress of the eternal somethings. What's with all these midgets running around? Well, they seem to do what I tell them. (They're very literal-minded too, it seems. I must be more careful about telling them I could eat a horse...)

OK, so we've got a got a giant hallway with a bunch of cages hanging overhead. I've told the midgets it's not really safe, and all they said was "that's the point." This may be a bad sign.

Oh, a half-dead dog in the main corridor. Wonderful. Why is everyone looking at it with what can only be described as anticipation?

I told the midgets to do something about all the animals running around, and I have to say, they got right on it. A few days later, it got a lot easier to move around. I'm suprised they didn't put the animals up on the surface before! On an unrelated note, they are bugging me to tell them where to set up a new food stockpile...

I took a tour of the caverns below the fortress. Apparently there's a large lake down there, and a number of forest-like biomes entirely made of fungi. Obviously we need to do something about this. It's unhygienic. Luckily I have a plan.

There was such a smell in the fortress today. One of the midgets told me that some food had spoiled. I told them to feed it to the animals, and he gave me a funny look. I'm really starting to get worried.

Apparently there's a great deal of bone in the stocks. I'm not sure where it's from. Probably... um... from traders. I'll- What was that noise? It sounded like some kind of four-legged, bloated, web-spinning snow beast. With antennae.

My ears are disappointingly accurate.

The midgets seem unimpressed by the creature. They seem to know what to do...

Oh, well, that was impressive. Snow is apparently a bad structural material for life forms. It was killed by the native... people of the caves. Um. Bird-people. It's a good thing my plans are already in process.

I just got called in for a meeting with from someone calling herself a "Baroness". What is this, the middle ages? Anyway, she says we can't export something. Short swords. Apparently it wasn't a joke.

One of the short guys come running by. He said he made a wooden cup called "Beardedgulfs". I guess it was aptly named. Actually, come to think of it, it's got some pretty nice crescent moon pictures on it.

More midgets showed up. Like, dozens. I told them to all grab picks and start digging.

There is a lever near the surface, so I told a dwarf to find out what it does. He stopped by a litle while later and told me that it doesn't appear to do anything. How odd. I was tinkering with the lever, I heard a call from one of the soldier-midgets- apparently some other horrible creature from below has made it's way here. It's called Snanspex, and is a stegosaurus without skin. Apparently it has a trunk, slaveringlyness, and it breaths poison gas. If I could figure out how to send the troops over to investigate, I would, but they just stare blankly at me unless I fill in the right forms and get the right signatures. Hopefully the local bird-people will cut it in half like they did the other one.

Turns out Sanspex only wanted to hang out by the lava pump anyway. Oh well, live and let live, I always say.

Oh dear. Actually, Snabsten or whatever is currently working on dismantling a significant fraction of the lava machines we've been using.

There, I think I got all the paperwork filed away properly. The Mountains of aces, the bronze wires, and a gang of angsty midgets calling themselves the Generals of Mining should now have new assignments to kill Snansplex.

Arg, blast it all. They all told me that they can't follow that order. They won't tell me WHY they can't follow it. And now it's killing babies! Luckilly, we have a surplus of babies, or this would be a tragedy. OK, I ordered them not to kill the monster, but instead to just stand next to it and do whatever they like. I think the troops will accept this.

The mayor started a party just now. I asked him- was it to celebrate the mounds of corpses, the clouds of stench, the near-mutiny, or the fact that a beast from satan's own bad acid trip was roaming the caverns. He said "Yes."

Let's see, at last count, that's a baby, a doctor, and a fishcleaner it's eaten. And a whole squad of midgets just trying to dance past it to grab stuff from the dead guys. I don't even know. I told them to just ignore the stuff.

YAY! They killed the monster!

Some skinny, really laid-back star trek fans showed up. At least, I think they where. They had "spock" ears on, anyway, but when I asked them if they where into new series or old, they just looked at me funny. Maybe they're ironic ears. They wanted to sell us some cloth and plants... and a couple of animals, too. Oh, and timber. Oh, I get it! Plants, animals, and lumber? Gotta be Canadians. Hm... Well, since I know that all Canadians are members of PETA, it only makes sense that I should avoid selling them animal-based products. Luckily these midgets have been busy carving rocks into cups and stuff, we should be able to make some money.

I tried some of the local booze finally. I woke up several months later to find it was midsummer. We've had a busy spring.

Should be going faster now. Just a really low frame rate is giving me problems.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:43:52 pm by PTTG?? »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:18 pm »

Got a memo saying that the black bear gave birth to tame cubs.

We have BEARS?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21