Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we bring back the old? Or bring in the new?

Use the old save and 40d
Start a new EH with 2010
Start a new EH with 40d

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Who's turn is it? Answer me, maggot!  (Read 38081 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Ten: Tack's Turn To Tread the Tainted Halls
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2010, 12:53:15 am »

Yup.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: The New Eternal Halls Thread: Ten: Zrk2
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2010, 07:25:56 am »

Indeed. Incredibly sorry, people, but my towel is thrown.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2010, 05:03:58 pm »

Journal of First Consul Zrk2, Granite 1, 1059

I am now officially First Consul of these Eternal Halls. This is good. I think we are faring well, but there is always room for improvement. To that end I am going to engage in a series of 'Bread and Circuses' style projects. We already have a nice zoo so I shall endeavour to construct a coliseum to greater glorify the exalted rulership of myself, or whatever asshole is in power when it is completed. Also, I am designing a complex in which our government shall be housed. Also, the metal forges are going to be enlarged. I am not a miliary person and so I shall see to it that the military remains under the control of someone who knows that he must do as I say and not screw uphow to run it. Salt the earth!

(I seriously haven't learned how to work the new military system. A quick guide to ordering squads around would be helpful. Also, where should I not dig? Like HFS should not dig. And are the caverns relatively safe?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:23 am »

Just don't mine Adamantium. Also, I STILL don't quite know how the military works, so you may want to try checking the wiki.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2010, 03:53:34 pm »

If sieged where do I need to guard? I found that one cage trap hall, but are there any other entrances?

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2010, 02:24:17 am »

that's the only one now, I made sure of that
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2010, 03:08:10 am »

So, nobody still bothered to rebuild my dorfcatcher? Well, it's good thing that my turn is next, I'll optimize it and add a whole lot of other mad projects :)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2010, 03:45:03 am »

and all the Dwarfs that die in those projects will have copper sarcophagi to rest in.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2010, 01:02:06 pm »

Ok, I'll try to get some solid playing in once I finish my homework.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2010, 06:27:28 pm »

Also, remember Dariush, Since you've already had a turn, if someone new comes in, they have first priority.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2010, 11:25:13 am »

so, a week has passed. Any progress?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »

Some, i had a mid-term surge in homework to deal with, several projectsa and presentations and what not.

I'll do a real write up soon.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2010, 06:15:34 am »

So, how is write-up progressing?...

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:54 pm »

Oh... My bad. Totally forgot, oops. Update should be up today.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2010, 09:22:48 pm »

Double post, get over it. Here is the much vaunted update:

Sometime in Early Summer:

That magnificent Bastard! The mayor mandated the creation of some cups out of something we don't have. But he did it more quietly than usual. When the mandate failed he ordered me jailed for the crime. What the hell do I know about cups? I'm a freaking weaponsmith! So now I lay in jail as this outpost goes to hell.

While in jail we were invaded by some goblins. He scrambled the military to the main entrance to fend them off. Then they slipped in through a maintenance hatch and rushed screaming into the main hall. Fortunately they failed to kill anyone but they did scare the crap (quite literally) out of several peasants in the vicinity. They were then butchered in a dirty brawl from the main halls through narrow maintenance shafts and finally out to the waterwheels. Then the second wave arrived, headed by an elite marksgoblin. They took a few casualties, from what I have heard, and eventually drove off that wave too.

He was promptly voted out of office and now the fort lays in a state of flux and discord as there is no clear leader. The baroness tantrums in her rooms, I languish in jail and civil authority is unclear. I hope to get out of jail soon and save the day.

As well there are several Forgotten Beasts wandering about the caverns; Do not enter them unless a clever isolation chamber exists to keep them from reaching the interior of the fort.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21